PDA

View Full Version : Port to Tampa

Aisling
02-04-2005, 06:02 PM
I found a great airfare out of Tampa to JFK, $69, and I want to make a quick decision if I should book it. This is for NYE, a 2 pm flight on Song. I'm not happy with the fares/times out of MCO for this date (Dec. 31st), and my gut tells me the mid-day fares will not come down as we get closer to Dec. Song has $104 from MCO, but it leaves at around 4 pm, and I want to get home a couple of hours before that...big NYE party plans :drinking1

I can get a Budget rental after my cruise for $63, to drop off at TPA. This is a lot lower than DCL transportation or a towncar/limo. So money-wise, Tampa is best.

I've never driven from Port Canaveral to Tampa before, and I know it takes about 2 hours. Does anyone have any experience to share driving to, and flying out of, Tampa Airport?

I'm going to post this on the Transportation board, as well. Thanks for any advice!

jdmom
02-04-2005, 06:07 PM
piece of cake. Near interstate. Rentals are at terminal...no shuttles. Bring $ for the tolls around Orlando.

makaylee
02-04-2005, 06:58 PM
We are also flying into Tampa and saving almost $300 doing it. Were also going that route because we have friends in Tampa and are flying in 3 days earlier to visit. Anyway, we are getting a rental from Budget and they have a shuttle from there to the port.

debtman7
02-04-2005, 07:18 PM
I've never driven from Tampa to the port but I've done the Tampa-Orlando drive many times. I believe there's still some construction going on around I-4 (there was last time and it looked like a pretty long term project) but as long as you don't drive it at rush hour it should be fine.

savsawmom
02-04-2005, 08:25 PM
We live in Tampa -- with all the construction along I-4, I'd say it was about 2.5 hours