PDA

View Full Version : Gift basket for kids: What to put in it?

yazee1
02-04-2005, 03:53 PM
We are cruising for the first time with our three children who will be 10, 7 and 4 years old at the time of the cruise. I would love to order a gift ensemble for each of the kids, but I can't decide what to ask have included. I was thinking Disney toiletries for sure, binoculars, sports bottles, snacks and treats (so I don't have to buy them ahead of time and tote them on board in our luggage), not sure about sand/water toys, lanyards for their cards, waterproof disposable cameras. One one hand I could think of a million things, on the other, I'm not sure what's overkill. Any suggestions on this? TIA

marie2004
02-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Have Shirley put the gift in a Sand-Bucket, there are 3 smaller sand toys too, great for making sand castles, my son used these on each island! I had her put in water shoes too. Have fun!

mamalle
02-04-2005, 04:23 PM
I did my own for our trip this weekend and went to Target for my buckets and goodies.- I put in disposible cameras, goggles, bubbles, disney snacks, beach balls, water balls, sand toys, coloring books, crayons, small princess toy and a power ranger toy. I found colored celephone wrap at the dollar tree and put their names on their buckets. They came out really cute. I cant wait to see their faces. I have them packed and ready to go. :earsboy:

deedz
02-04-2005, 04:43 PM
I too am making my own, I went to Disney Store and found tons of stuff on the clearance racks, from xmas... mini towels, toys, t-shirts, cups, candies, then hit the mall for bubbles, coloring books, autograph book, fat pen, beach stuff, sunglasses, pirate lego's and more.... Walmart is having huge clearance sales in all departments too.
I stuffed it all in a beach bucket from Dollar store, and wrapped the whole thing in cellophane then bought a disney card welcoming DD, from Mickey & Minnie and the gang. Pretty easy and relatively cheap (under $30).

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

BaileyEvanH
02-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Could you guys please tell me how you pack sand buckets? I would love to do my own, but can't imagine sneaking something like that in my luggage. Help me out guys! any suggestions? :goodvibes

TiggerInNY
02-04-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm interested, too. That sounds like a great idea. I know the sand buckets will come in handy. We're on the special Western with 2 stops at CC. And with more than a year until we cruise, I'll have plenty enough time to sock away stuff for them. Two boys, 10 and 6 when we cruise.

Thanks for the ideas and am very curious how to pack this stuff and fly to Florida with them. It's probably a lot easier if you drive to FL.

Can't wait to hear from all you creative people out there.

TiggerInNY,
Maria :cheer2:

yazee1
02-04-2005, 11:16 PM
We're driving. I know I could make do the ensemble myself but it's the idea of it being in the room when we get there that I like. It's going to be awfully hard to hide them on the way down.

goofyshell
02-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Don't forget to check your Dollar store (we have Dollar Tree here). Today I found the big Mickey suckers, Cinderella post-its, Mickey notepads, Pooh notepads, Cindy notepads, pencils with all different characters and tons of Disney stickers! Oh, and little Disney princess dress-up dolls. By the time we cruise in Dec., I should be set!!

GoofyFD
02-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Could you guys please tell me how you pack sand buckets? I would love to do my own, but can't imagine sneaking something like that in my luggage. Help me out guys! any suggestions? :goodvibes
We packed our my DD sand suff in our luggage. We had a small pail and shovel it did not take to much room.

mommylovesdisneymore
09-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Great ideas thanks everyone