PDA

View Full Version : Land/Sea Resort Question

krystyana
02-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Does anyone know what room type goes with the veranda rooms? I know they are the deluxe hotels, but are they standard view, garden, etc...We've done the trip before but i didn't know if the room we had (it looked out to a garden) was a fluke or the standard for the cruise package. I'm just curious so any input would be appreciated! Thanks! :wave2:

fljelad
02-04-2005, 12:59 PM
I don't know if this is the policy but we are Cat 6 and we have a savannah view room at AKL.

pediatric-rnp
02-04-2005, 01:36 PM
We were on deck 7 with a verandah, category 5 on the land/sea last April. At the Beach Club, they told us on check in that the land/sea people just get standard rooms. We had a garden view, which ended up being nice as we overlooked epcot and could see the fireworks at night. We had asked about concierge thru our TA when we first booked, but DCL said we would have to book the land and sea portion separately if we wanted concierge.

explorer1977
02-04-2005, 03:26 PM
We actually got a price from DCL for concierge at BC. It was expensive and more then the rack rate difference from standard but it can be done. You just have to request it and you will get a call from DCL with the upgrade cost if there is space available.

pediatric-rnp
02-04-2005, 03:43 PM
We actually got a price from DCL for concierge at BC. It was expensive and more then the rack rate difference from standard but it can be done. You just have to request it and you will get a call from DCL with the upgrade cost if there is space available.

I'm wondering if this is a change from when we went last April, because our AAA TA had lengthy conversations 2 different times with DCL (I was with her both times while she was on the phone) about booking us in concierge - we had stayed there last visit and loved it and wanted to stay there again while on the land/sea. Both times she was told the only way we could do this was to book the land and sea separately. It ended up being even more $$ doing it that way, so we said forget it, and took the standard room.