PDA

View Full Version : Help with deciding on insurance ???

vavalynn2
02-04-2005, 07:57 AM
I booked our first cruise last week and will be going next January. We can't wait. Being from upstate NY weather is always an issue in January. I have read the trip insurance from disney and a few others.

All I want to insure is -if it is snowing too much or an ice storm and our planes are cancelled or delayed.

Can anyone recommend what I need then? Well, other than to move out of upstate. :)

cjsmith
02-04-2005, 09:31 AM
It sounds like you only want the very basic of coverages then. I bought a very basic coverage from Travelguard for our last cruise and want to say that it cost me about $101 for the two of us.I wanted it because we live in Florida and were cruising at the end of October out of San Juan and it's still hurricane season. I just wanted to make sure that if we had a hurricane here and couldn't fly out that I would be covered. Check out them, travelex, and access america to see what their most economical insurance policy is and make sure to read the fine print!

vavalynn2
02-04-2005, 10:16 AM
thanks for the info. i will be sure to check it out.

kfields1
02-04-2005, 10:20 AM
We just canceled our 2/19 Wonder b/c my five year old has developed inner ear problems. I booked this trip a year ago. Without insurance, I would have lost $2000! It is definitely worth the cost because you never know!!!

kikipug
02-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Well, other than to move out of upstate. :)

There's your answer...

2 years ago today, I sat on a runway at Manchester(NH) Airport, praying that my plane would take off in the 9 inches of 'partly cloudy' that had accumulated on the runway during the night before, to get on an NCL cruise out of Miami ...

6 weeks after that, DH & I quit our jobs, sold our house, packed up the kids, and moved to FL.:sunny: