PDA

View Full Version : Fl Resident Rates release?

Mickey527
02-04-2005, 04:39 AM
I was planning a big trip this year and was going to take all my adult children and my male friend and his daughter along. And then after the cruise we had planned a week at OKW using my DVC points.
I am finishing up chemo at the end of the month and have radiation scheduled for March. I hoped to have hair by May and I was going to plan the trip for my 5st birthday at the end of May.
I am thrilled to announce that my DIL is pregnant. However the Dr recommended that she not cruise because of her Lupus and the risk to the baby. So we cancelled the May trip and will do a cruise next year when everyone can go. We will still do the week at WDW, maybe now we can extend to two weeks.
But I have been thinking about taking a cruise since I started treatment in September. I spoke to my sister who lives in FL and we might take the cruise together. But only if we can get FL resident rates because the two weeks at WDW will pretty much clear out my pocketbook.
Does anyone know when they release the Fl resident rates for the cruise? I know that they don't have them in the summer but I was thinking of taking the May 19th 3 day cruise and I don't think that one will be as full as the cruises in the summer. Hope not, I really want the cruise after thinking and planning for one during my ordeals. Peggie

mmouse37
02-04-2005, 06:03 AM
If you check out www.*************.com they usually show when the FL resident dates are. There are some out that there now, but the ones for next year would not be posted yet.

You can be put on their e-mail list and they will notify you when the Fl. res rates come out.

You can book at regular prices and then adjust to FL res rates if and when they come out for the date you want.

MJ

cjsmith
02-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Your sister who lives in Florida can only book the cabin that she will be in, not anymore from what I have always been told. When we booked cabins for us and our friends who had moved back to New Orleans from here, we had to book one of us in their cabin so that they could get the resident discount. So if it's only the two of you going it will work, but not if you're still bringing your whole family. (Which by the way, that's such an incredible thing to do!!!)
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when the discount get released. This year didn't have as many as the years prior because they didn't need to fill the ships. The discounts only come around when the reservations are on the lighter side and they want to fill the ships up. If you look now, you'll see that there are discounts for the 7 night cruises but none released for the 3 and 4 night cruises.
How about not extending you time at Disney to 2 weeks so you can go on the cruise no matter what? It really seems like this is important to you and boy, you really seem like you deserve it.
Good luck~I hope it all works out how you want.

kikipug
02-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Remember that once you get into May, FL kids are getting out of school, so FL resident rates will be even harder to come by... sometimes there are no FL rates for months on end...

arlenesp
02-04-2005, 06:48 PM
we cruised in Sept and just got back from our Jan cruise and both were Fl resident rates.
Sept is hurricane month as most of us know by now. I'm not familiar with other timeframes.