PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Inventory Question

littlemuffin
02-03-2005, 10:12 AM
This probably will prove what a crazy :banana: person I am but here it goes.

I have been checking expedia and DC.com each morning to see if any specific cabins have come available for my cruise dates yet since I'm booked as a GTY. While checking I have noticed that some days (like yesterday) there was no availability showing for Cat 5 or 6 when I'm going but then this morning it is showing cabins available. This isn't the first time either

How does this happen??

I understand that on the 90 day final payment date people cancel but I'm on a March cruise.

Just curious.
Thanks

ClarabelleCow
02-03-2005, 10:33 AM
people may switch cabins, inventory blocks are turned back in, people can cancel right up until the day of sailing, they just don't get all their money back. Some agencies can put a 24 hour hold on a cabin, and if someone doesn't want it, it goes back into inventory. A GTY is the best way to go, I requested a 9 GTY, but I guess because there were cabins available, I was given cabin assignments.

rejobako
02-03-2005, 10:35 AM
I'm no travel agent or anything, but I understand that certain agencies and travel companies have blocks of cabins reserved for packages/groups/etc., and if these cabins are left unsold beyond a specific date, they will become available to others.

That's my guess, anyway.