PDA

View Full Version : what happens if you have a bad room????

DanniDuck31
02-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Hello

I am going on the Wonder next week and my room number is listed as a badroom in terms of noise. I don't have the documents in front of me, but I believe it is 2018,2020 or 2022. I am not a complainer by any means, but I am human for sure. I was told that the thing to do is go to guest relations. I am curious, how many rooms are not sold so they have somewhere to move people if they need to????

I had friends who were on a different cruise line and actually had water all over their carpet from some kind of leak. They put a blower in the room and moved them to another room. They had checked the availability of rooms the day before they left (out of curiousity I guess) and it was sold out. They were told there are no rooms available at any price. So how did they move them and both rooms on either side of them???

Someone on this board must of had something happen and get moved, or am I all wet (if I am, go easy on me, I am new to this board).

Thanks, Curious Dan, one week away from a Land/Sea on the Wonder

rjh8115
02-02-2005, 11:42 AM
We were in 2018 and 2020 last year. Great location, no noise issues. We loved deck 2.

DanniDuck31
02-02-2005, 12:59 PM
thanks rjh, i was curious though what they do if they have to move someone. Hopefully, I won't have to deal with that type of problem, but I figured someone must have been moved.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jordgubben
02-02-2005, 01:14 PM
With the majority of DCL cruiselines being sold out, move space is not something I would count on.

DanniDuck31
02-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks Jord, but I really wasn't counting on it at all. My travel agent elluded to the fact that they will take care of you if you have a noise problem, but he didn't say anything else.

Again, my friends did get moved to another room on a suppossively sold out cruise. I am curious more than anything else. I know Disney takes care of people (usually), and I wondered if anyone had noise issues and got moved(on a cruise that was sold out). I know for a fact people have gotten cruise vouchers of different denominations to be compensated for noise (that I am %100 positive of).

Again, I hope I don't have any problems and I highly doubt that I will. I am just curious by nature and there are so many people that frequent this board that I thought someone had an experience like that. Thanks for responding, I truly appreciate any and all responses. It opens the mind!!!

Take care, Dan

crisi
02-02-2005, 04:30 PM
They have to keep a certain number of cabins free.

Imagine the ship pulls in and lets off the previous passengers. The stateroom host gets to a room to discover its been trashed by its previous occupants. It will take more than the few hours she has available to get the room clean. So she reports it (hopefully before the port even opens) and you may discover an upgrade! Or at least a room switch. Or the sprinkler goes off. Or the bed breaks, or the sink leaks......

However, they don't run with a lot of empty cabins....so noise may or may not move you. Obviously, they'd rather be able to move someone whose bed breaks before they move someone for noise.

ivanova
02-02-2005, 05:47 PM
On a recent cruise some cabins had water damage ... only one was relocated (their porthole blew in, so DCL had no choice but to move them) ... the others that had damage were not moved ... I imagine it has to do with what the issue is (big gaping hole in the exterior of the ship versus an inconvenience to the guest) and if DCL has rooms available ... yes they have "some" they can use even when the ship is "sold out" but if there have been a lot of "issues" meaning guests being moved there would become a point in which DCL would not have an available room to move you into.

If you are potentially in a room where noise could be an issue, I'd seriously consider taking ear plugs just to be on the safe side, in case DCL actually can NOT move you.

Stinasmom
02-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Another reason there are empty rooms on a sold out cruise is because the cruise is "sold out" when it reaches capacity...a certain number of people as established by fire marshall or other authority as to what is safe, not when all rooms are sold. I learned that here on the DIS boards too! :teeth:

jrabbit
02-02-2005, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't count on any sort of compensation because of your room being listed as a one that is Noisey. DCL sells these rooms all of the time. If there has been a consistent problem with these rooms DCL would have either removed them from service or possibly made them a less expensive room or sold them with a disclaimer. Since they have not done that, I believe that by expecting anything special from DCL you're setting yourself up for a disapointment.

kcashner
02-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Check into your assigned room. If you find a problem with it (noise or otherwise), notify guest services. They will either fix the problem or move you.

We have done 12 cruises on the Magic. On one, we were moved due to a malfunction in the cabin. They sent the repair men twice....couldn't get it fixed either time, so offered us the move. We moved ourselves, but they even offered someone to come and pack for us! On another cruise, we stepped out of our cabin and saw the cruise director (who by that number of cruises was an "old friend." ) She remarked on how tall DD had become and asked if everything was ok. I voiced my concern about a screaming baby in the next cabin. She offered to have us moved right then--I suggested that we try one night, and if the little one was keeping us up at night, we'd move. She even went the extra step and called us the next day to check on things.

So...if there is a problem, just let them know.....

DanniDuck31
02-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks to ALL for the responses to my questions. A couple of you really got what I was getting at and your responses nailed it.

Again, I am not expecting anything, so I won't be dissapointed. I was just curious as to what actually happens when a problem occurs. Yes, I will have earplugs and no I don't believe I will have a problem with my room. But it's not just the room you stay in, it's the company near by that could be a problem, as was eluded to by a poster.

I am not critizing anyone, period. I am just saying that if something did annoy the you know what out of me, what can I expect (it takes a lot to annoy me, believe it or not). Whatever it is, I would not be dissapointed in any way, shape, or form. This cruise is not cheap, and because of finding this board, I am wondering about things that could occur. Because of my friends being moved because of water damage, I simply wondered what they would do with a noise complaint. THANKS AGAIN TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO RESPONDED. I am very appreciative to you taking your time to answer my question. Happy Cruising to all!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan, 28, just curious and getting excited (one week to go)

treloarf
02-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Our family(5) has a situation where we booked 2 Cat. 12 GTY rooms hoping that we would possibly be somewhat close to each other since our reservations were "linked" and we had the same last name.

Its myself, DH, DD(9), DS(12) & MIL (71) -Since we booked GTY rooms, we understood that there was no guaranee that the rooms would be near each other. We are on opposite sides of the ship on Deck 2.

Do you think Disney could try & get us closer if we inquire at the port?

lotsofboys
02-03-2005, 12:44 AM
Our family(5) has a situation where we booked 2 Cat. 12 GTY rooms hoping that we would possibly be somewhat close to each other since our reservations were "linked" and we had the same last name.

Its myself, DH, DD(9), DS(12) & MIL (71) -Since we booked GTY rooms, we understood that there was no guaranee that the rooms would be near each other. We are on opposite sides of the ship on Deck 2.

Do you think Disney could try & get us closer if we inquire at the port?
I would not count on it treloarf. On our first cruise we had 2 Cat 5 GTY rooms that were booked 7 months in advance and we were linked as well. We ended up on opposite sides of Deck 7 and inquired before sailing and at the port as to if we could be moved closer and no luck. We were sailing in the middle of summer though when the ship is completely sold out, so maybe you will have better luck if you are sailing at a slower time. Have a great time.

treloarf
02-03-2005, 08:45 AM
lotsofboys~thanks for the info - I hear our ship is full, so I probably won't count on it. Maybe it's a good thing having my MIL at the opposite end of the ship (joking)!

jgalecpa
02-03-2005, 11:49 AM
What happens if the room if bad?

I just kick the kids out, and then it improves immensley!

(Did I really say that?)

J

:earsboy:

mackymaddyconnorsmom
02-03-2005, 12:08 PM
We booked 2 rooms in Cat 12 and they were side by side. I think they try their hardest to keep families right near each other. You should give them a call to just make sure they didn't make a mistake and not see that you were linked together