PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Aisle????

Ma Dizny
01-04-2001, 11:37 AM
What is Emerald Aisle? We will be going down in March and need a minivan. I know National is very convenient. What benefits does the Emerald Aisle give and how do I join?

SueP
01-04-2001, 06:00 PM
The Emerald Aisle is a line of cars that you get to choose from. The advantage is that you pay a lower fee, the disadvantage is that you don't have any control over what kind of vehicle you get. You may get a minivan, you may get an SUV, you may get a full size car. My BIL belongs to the Emerald Aisle, and we went down last year--they arrived 10:30 at night on December 29, 1999 and got a Buick Century--I'm not sure about the price, but he was really happy about the cost, and it was a really busy time for car rentals. I'd got to the National web site and check out what info they have. There is a fee for joining, but sometimes that is waived for a special.

http://www.geocities.com/dmurphycfp/brerrab03.jpg <font color=red><font face="Comic Sans MS"><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">proud member of the Danettes</marquee></font></font><font color=maroon><font face="Comic Sans MS">CBR October 1994
<font color=green>Treehouse January 2000
<font color=orange>ASMusic November 2000
<font color=dark pink>Polynesian March 2001</font></font>

DebbieB
01-04-2001, 06:04 PM
You are not guaranteed an upgrade, but you are guaranteed the size car you reserved. For example, if you reserve a full size and none are on the aisle, you can get one from the full size aisle (see the attendant).

When I was there last month, they had a variety of cars to pick from, full size sedans, convertibles, SUV's. I got a 2001 Toyota Camry with 228 miles on it.

GAIL HAYDEN
01-04-2001, 07:27 PM
Also, you can join for free via www.biztravel.com (http://www.biztravel.com) (go to specials then cars and sign up there) or if you have Disney Club, the fee is waived.

Gail

Offsite - 88
CBR - 89 & 90
PO - 91
OKW-92,OKW-93,OKW-96, OKW-97 2X'S,OKW-98 2X's
OKW-99 2X'S,OKW-00 2X's
Jamaica-SandalsInn 98&00

dianeschlicht
01-05-2001, 05:11 AM
We always use EA, but I have only seen a minivan in the aisle once. Orlando often has a lot of SUVs, but they don't seat any more than a sedan if that is your criteria.

Disneydiane

janiejo
01-05-2001, 11:54 AM
I, too, have used the EA many times, successfully getting a Blazer and a minivan a lot of the times. However, if you absolutely need the minivan, which I do Spring break (for 3 sets of golf clubs,) you might want to go through Dollar. They, too, have a quick pick-up lane, called FASTLANE. I have a minivan reserved for $209.99 plus taxes. With Dollar, the FASTLANE gets you to the front of the line at the counter. I have used them several times and never waited more than 10 minutes. The EA price for a full-size during spring break through National was $182+ so I figured it was worth the little bit of difference to be guaranteed the minivan. Just my 2 cents worth -happy planning! :)