PDA

View Full Version : Reward Credit Cards

eller
01-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Okay, this has to be the right board to ask this on. Is there a site or does anyone know who rewards the best with no annual fee?

I know it seems like a no brainer to go with Disney Visa, but I want the best bang for my buck. DH wants to go with a Hilton Visa or the SouthWest Visa, but that seems too limiting to me.

Any suggests or ideas are welcome!

Lori

eller
01-29-2005, 06:32 PM
I've found: http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/cc_home.asp
and http://www.creditcardmenu.com/ccm/all_creditcards.html

Lori

odddog
01-29-2005, 08:23 PM
I have the Hilton Amex and it is great, you become silver level automatically and you earn 3 points per dollar - it adds up. Limiting, yes unless you want free rooms at Hilton (Walt Disney World Included!!)

I also Like Citibank's Dividend card www.citicards.com, They give you 1% cash per dollar spent and more for gas, pharmacy and grocery stores, you get a check when you reach $50 and you don't have to cash out at $50, you can go till $100 if you want to.

I also love the GM card www.gmcard.com (of course this is only good if you want a GM car) but they give you 5% on purchases. I got $2500.00 off a Pontiac G6 - they were having a promotion, usually it is more like $1000.00 per car - but the amount changes.

Another one I like (can you tell I love rewards cards!!) is blue from american express, www.americanexpress.com you can get money gift certificates and merchandise, they are also running a promption of 0% interest on purchases for 15 months!!! How cool is that!!??

There are so many rewards cards If you tell me what it is you want in a reward I could steer you to the right bankcard.

Good luck hunting!!
Gregg

eller
01-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Hi Gregg!

Thanks for your recomendations. I like CitiBank one too, but it limits your cash reward to only $300 per year. I found one from Chase the has not limit to your cash back rewards. I also found a Hilton Visa with no annual fee which looks good. I want to have a MasterCard and a Visa so that when the cards offer something in return for using them, I'll have it. I liked Amex Blue, but had a bad experience with Amex and won't use them again. Thanks again!

We will use it to put everything, house payment, utilites on it to earn the most possible. We will pay it off every month and we don't want a annual fee. But I really only want to use one as a primary and then have the other, either MasterCard or Visa as a backup to be able to take advantage of special offers.

Lori

odddog
01-30-2005, 07:43 AM
I guess you are talking about the chase ultimate rewards card. They are okay, note that chase bought bankone - the "owners" of the disney Visa card if you have that you might not want another card from chase (all eggs in one basket so to speak!!)

If you have not heard of MBNA world points card try them www.mbna.com
the world points is cash (over 300 a year) vacations and merchandise.

Do not confuse this with the mbna american express card, that is totally different. And I know you don't like amex!!
Thanks,
Gregg

eller
01-30-2005, 04:01 PM
You're right it was the Chase one. We don't have the Disney Visa, but that's good information to have. And thanks for the link to mbna.com! They have a nice selection.

Lori