PDA

View Full Version : Just how crowded is it?

WDW2002
08-03-2001, 12:55 AM
As you can see in my previous post, I am making a unplanned Disneyland trip. Now my question is Just how crowded is it at the end of August?? Am I going to regret going at the end of August because of the crowds??

BetsyAnn
08-03-2001, 03:08 PM
Anytime to go to DL is a good time. lol -- We were there from July 16 - 20 when it should have been just packed - it wasn't - now don't think you could just walk on anything but fastpass was really not an advantage most times but helpful a couple of times. July 17 Disneyland's B-day crowds were lighter than I have seen in the summer in quite some time. I think you should find the crowds very mangeable. Now the worst crowds for us were at CA (not my favorite yet). I would EE at least once at DL if you can. Have a great time

scrappinmom_2000
08-03-2001, 06:12 PM
You can pretty much divide DL into 4 seasons:

peak: 6/22-8/26; 2 weeks of Christmas; Easter weekend; Thanksgiving Day/weekend; Labor Day weekend - Fri-Mon

very crowded: President's Day weekend; last workweek of August-September 23rd; week before & after Easter; Superbowl Sunday (my long-ago favorite); Memorial Day weekend; weekend prior to Christmas week (massive decorations appeal to locals)

manageable: any remaining weekends - Fri-Sun not already mentioned; Martin Luther King Day; non-Easter Spring breaks

wonderful: mid-January, mid-February, mid-March, mid-Oct, early April, Nov & Dec workdays. Because DL is in-land, these months are typically mild weather.

I went & looked for your previous post. If it is very hot out, & you like that kind of weather, the park will not be crowded. We did this trip in '98 & had the park to ourselves. No wait for Indy Jones, Splash Mtn, all the biggies.