PDA

View Full Version : You guys have gotta get this!!!!

Maleficent2
01-29-2005, 10:05 AM
:worship:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

It is the newest program for Spyware! I downloaded it and ran it last night...since I run adaware & spybot it did not find much only 6 programs but they were REAL BADDIES! Now my computer is running like a dream! :cheer2:

only bad thing is it is a beta version so download at your own risk...but so far I have seen no problems.

I will add it to the Remove thread when I get back we have to go to a Birthday party....

Mal

Maleficent2
02-01-2005, 04:33 PM
:bounce:

this runs auto at night I can't stress how much I love this spyware program!

Mal

dtuleya
02-02-2005, 05:37 AM
I know what you mean Mal. I absolutely love this program! This morning I had a Trojan downloader program dectected and it automatically took care of it. :worship:

Maleficent2
02-02-2005, 08:36 AM
you don't do anything but download and everything else is taken care of for you! My kind of program!

Mal

bcorso
02-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Waahhh, its only good on Win XP, 2000, and server. :( I am running Me at home.

BethR
02-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks Mal! I downloaded and ran it last night. It found a couple of things and I had just ran Ad-Aware over the weekend - Sunday maybe.

I wonder what the guys over on the SpywareInfo Board think about this program?

And how did you ever find it???

:)

mickeyfan1
02-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Mal, thanks! I ran it and surprise, it found 3 spywares. And I just ran CWShredder and Spy Subtract this morning before I did the MSN. I set it up to run weekly, I hope it keeps them at bay. 2 weeks ago I went to Creations Rewards and got infected with something that made my screen look like pop up heaven. I had nothing before that and it happened immediatly when I went to CR. I am not saying they did it, but the only way I could get rid of all the crap was to rebuild my entire system. Nothing worked to remove it all.

bcorso
02-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Just out of curiosity, with what you got at CR, was it changing your IP address? I've had the same IP addy for 5 years now and all of a sudden, it's changing daily. This tells me its spyware, but nothing is catching it. I can't run this program as it's for XP.

Maleficent2
02-02-2005, 10:29 PM
I don't think I noticed befor congratulations on your upcoming event!!!!!

Mal

mickeyfan1
02-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Just out of curiosity, with what you got at CR, was it changing your IP address? I've had the same IP addy for 5 years now and all of a sudden, it's changing daily. This tells me its spyware, but nothing is catching it. I can't run this program as it's for XP.No, it just opened up tons of pop up windows and search pages. I never had it happen before that day.

Maleficent2
02-02-2005, 11:14 PM
amidchoas and Dan made reference to it in a thread on the Comm board, I had heard of it but had not downloaded it. That thread reminded me so I went and downloaded it and loved it so much I had to share.

Mal

bcorso
02-03-2005, 03:48 PM
I don't think I noticed befor congratulations on your upcoming event!!!!!

Mal

Thank you, Mal! It was quite a surprise after 3 years, we had given up on having another one. Then the one week where we were so busy with the fair, it only took that split second in time. :crazy:

mickeyfan1
02-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Bonnie, I did go to your site again today. I was told that Iwas being redirected, and a few moments later I was there, at CR. And no pop up hell, MSN didn't tell me there was anything amiss, so it was probably just a coincidence that my macine got coruppted at the moment I was at your site.

And congrats on the baby. I love babies. I love to hold them and snuggle them. You are lucky!

Maleficent2
02-05-2005, 05:57 PM

Luvdancink
02-05-2005, 07:45 PM
I'll give it a whirl.

~Kristy :)

Beanie
02-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Thanks, Mal! I am downloading it now to my computer! :)

eeyore74
02-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Thank you! It's really good so far. Even DH was impressed. lol Thanks, Mal!

Belle0101
02-06-2005, 08:01 PM
:worship: Thanks Mal!

Since the time that you helped with my bug problems I've been a wee bit more diligent about being careful - not perfect mind you but I'm trying.

I ran this and I had 11 cooties! :badpc: However, it's easy to run and understand so I was able to clean it up real quick.

I won't say my computer runs like a dream - I'm on dial-up :sad: . At least it runs less like a nightmare now. :banana:

Thanks for keeping an eye out for us!! :cheer2:

Maleficent2
02-11-2005, 07:25 AM
if you have Disney Magical Gatherings Software installed on your computer Advert bar was hiding in it on mine. Everytime I ran a scan it showed up. I went looking for it and found it in magical gathering which I had downloaded from Disney.com, now I do not know if Disney put it there to spy or if it just imbedded itself there, but once I removed this from my computer. NO MORE advert bar!

Mal

Maleficent2
02-12-2005, 10:00 PM