PDA

View Full Version : Staying at the resorts

rileyroosmom
01-25-2005, 06:36 PM
While discussing our summer vacation plans, dh says, "instead of renting a condo in Destin, FL, why don't we go to Disney World and basically hang out at the resort and go to the parks only 1 or 2 days?" Well I get very excited and start planning (we were just in the world May and November '04) I start to look into the Beach Club thinking Stormalong Bay would keep the kids (12,8,4) entertained for a week, but the price is making my head hurt!!!($2,234 room only). So, does anyone have any suggestions for the best resort to "hang out" in?BTW, looked into the price of 3 day pass ($962), but for $80 more, I can get 7 day passes, which adds $1,000 to the cost of just hanging out!!!

TIA :sunny:

debbiedoo
01-25-2005, 06:47 PM
You may want to look into renting from a member over on the dvc rent/trade board. Can get a way better deal!! I am not sure what month you are going, but you will have to jump on this rightway!! BCV goes pretty quickly. I think you may have a good chance at OKW or SSR. Have stayed at both and enjoy. SSR is our home resort :sunny:

soccer mom
01-25-2005, 06:53 PM
It looks like you go more than once a year...do you have an annual pass that might help you get a discount? Other options at the deluxe level might be AKL or WL. They are a little less expensive. Both have nice (not SAB) pools. AKL has a zero entry if your little one needs it. WL would have the lake, beach, boat rentals, a walk over to FW, petting farm. Even the moderates have themed pools, boat rentals, and bike rentals that might make the kids happy.

MrsJ Henry
01-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Would you consider AKL. That would be a great place to hang out for a few days. So much do do there and they have a very nice pool and pool area.

rileyroosmom
01-26-2005, 12:52 PM
I never thought of renting points. Just looked into it and you are right, you really save a ton and get a lot more space. It's something we are discussing. Have to decide quick, we would like to go 5/28-6/3. Thanks for the information!

spiceycat
01-26-2005, 12:57 PM
remember no housekeeping when staying at a DVC resort on points - what the DVC member will use to reserve your villa or room.