PDA

View Full Version : Resort recommendations

lovinwdw
01-25-2005, 03:42 PM
My husband and i are going back in September for our 2nd anniversary. I was thinking of staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. But, I noticed that it is very big. The last time we went we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. Before that we stayed at Wilderness Lodge. Anyone have any recommendatinos for a moderate resort other than Caribbean?? :jumping4:

G00fyDad
01-25-2005, 03:44 PM
The Caribbean isnt that big. It's larger than most other resorts but the longest walk would be about 5 minutes. You can do what I did and request a prefered room like the Martinique or Trinidad North.

allshookup
01-25-2005, 04:17 PM
My vote is for POFQ. We've tried all the moderates & so far that one is our favorite. Caribbean Beach was nice but we just love how compact POFQ is with everything being a very short walk away. We loved the theme which included tiny little streets, black iron railings, fountains & a giant serpent pool.

G00fyDad
01-25-2005, 04:23 PM
That reminds me. I know the resorts are themed. So how does the big serpent fit into Port Orleans?

allshookup
01-25-2005, 04:32 PM
That reminds me. I know the resorts are themed. So how does the big serpent fit into Port Orleans?

The priest Charlevoix described New Orleans in 1721 as a place with a hundred wretched hovels, in a malarious wet thicket of willows & dwarf palmettos, infested by serpents & alligators.

G00fyDad
01-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Oooooohhhh. :)
Wow. You been on Jeopardy lately? LOL

allshookup
01-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Oooooohhhh. :)
Wow. You been on Jeopardy lately? LOL

Nah I just searched for the history of New Orleans! LOL

G00fyDad
01-25-2005, 06:19 PM
:teeth:

MAGGIED
01-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey GOOfy Dad - I see all your Air Force photos - my husband is active duty - retiring May 13th - can't wait - we are in Syracuse NY - Flight Chief in the recruiting squadron here (5 yrs).... before this 3 years in Erie, Pa then before that 12 years at Hanscom AFB in MA - a little trip to the desert while stationed there - and a few trips off to the academy's....

G00fyDad
01-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Congrats on the retirement.

I would have stayed but I had DD when I got out and I didnt want her growing up the way I did. 15 different schools in my life not counting college. And no real freinds. :(

MAGGIED
01-25-2005, 06:37 PM
that's why he is retiring - at the point now where if he goes on it would require moving every two years and he doesn't want to do that to the kids - they are 15 and 12 - and they really love it here.... our next stop would have been in Georgia - a little warmer than here in central NY - but thats okay.....