PDA

View Full Version : Getting from Poly to GF?

Anim8ed
01-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Is it possible to walk to the GF from the Poly? I know you can walk from the Poly to the TTC. We're planning on eating a few meals at the GF and wanted to know if it was walkable or if the monorail was necessary.

Traveliz
01-25-2005, 03:21 PM
It is walkable however we generally take the monorail (its the next stop) and then walk back.

Liz

Anim8ed
01-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Perhaps, I should have also asked about how long does the walk take and is it easier to walk or take the monorail?

ufgator
01-25-2005, 04:05 PM
I know you can walk to GF, but I haven't done it. If you take the resort monorail, GF is the first stop from the Poly. On the way back to the Poly, you have to go all the way around.

DrTomorrow
01-25-2005, 04:49 PM
As always at the Polynesian, it depends where - what building - you are. From the buildings closest to the TTC, it's 4-8 just to get to the GCH. From the GCH itself, I'd say about 10 minutes at a leisurely stroll; you could shave off a few minutes if you had to.

IIRC, it's a nice path - takes you past the GF Wedding Chapel along the SSL.

goofyandmore
01-25-2005, 06:14 PM
I would agree that it takes about 10min's, if you are walking quickly than less time. It is one of my favorite things to do! I love it to walk between the polynesian and GF when it is late at night. The tiki torhces are still on and the GF is all lit up while the 7 seas lagoon is as peaceful as can be. It is fantastic!

skiwee1
01-25-2005, 06:27 PM
We always stay at the Poly and go to the GF to eat during our trips. We generally take the monorail to the GF and then walk back to the Poly after dinner. There is a nice brick walkway connecting both resorts and it is a nice easy walk. My mom has bad knees and found the walk to be VERY easy and relaxing. Also great to walk that meal off even though it only took 10 minutes with my mom walking very slowly.

TheIncredibles
01-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Don't forget the water taxi option...if its not too late, you ride back to the Poly by boat (dock is behind the volcano pool). Catch Wishes or the Water Parade on a hammock on the beach...

AJDonn
01-25-2005, 07:23 PM
Just for the geographic crowd...

I've opened a satellite photo and it looks like the walk along the paths by the beach from the edge of the Poly grounds the GF is about 1/3 mile.

I'm sure its uphill in both directions. hehehe ;)