PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass question

skiingwife
01-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Where do I buy an Annual Pass, how much does it cost, and how much, roughly, would I save on a hotel room with it? (Does anyone have any comparisons they could share?) What are the other benefits of the AP other than discounted room rates? I'll be staying for either 7 or 9 nights. Thanks!

webray
01-25-2005, 02:53 PM
You can buy your AP on disneys website, at guest services at WDW, I believe even from the disney store in your local mall.

AP rates at hotels are never guaranteed, and lately fewer and far between since tourism is back up in FL.

Some of the other perks, some of the stores and restaurants in downtown disney offer discounts if you show your AP. A few other minor discounts around the world..nothing really special.

rcraw45425
01-25-2005, 03:13 PM
For our upcoming trip Yacht Club rack rate is $327 a night plus tax for Feb 3, when we arrive. I'm paying $227 a night tax included with the AP discount if this helps. You also have the added benefit of just "running in for a few minutes" the day yo uarrive and/or leave without having to purchase a whole days admission which to me is a plus if you have a long trip to and from the World

snowmouse
01-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Are AP's good at both WDW and DL?

soccer mom
01-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Don't forget you do not have to have the AP when you make your reservation. You do not need it until check-in so you can wait and see if you get the AP discount before purchasing it. We have always been lucky enough to get 45% off of our rooms, but we go during value season and low attendance times. Also, we do schedule the next year's trip just before our annual pass expires. I wish we were close enough and had enough $$ to visit more often!

swilphil
01-25-2005, 06:31 PM
My AP (no pluses) was about $420 (with tax). The AP rate at the Contemporary is $199 in March (peak season). With a discount code the rate was $235/night, and I think around $320 rack rate. Only 1 person in your party needs the AP. I am buying 10 day no-expire hoppers for the remainder of our family, which should get us through our next trip. I also bought a Disney Dining Experience card for AP holders. You pay $50, and you get 20 percent off at sit down restaurants for a year.

skiingwife
01-25-2005, 08:37 PM
So if I buy an annual pass for about $420 instead of the 6 day pass with park hopper that I was going to purchase for $256, that's an extra $164 for the pass. But if we're staying 7 nights, I could save $100 or more each night (for a total savings of over $400) by getting the AP rate, if they offer one. Is that right?

Does the annual pass let me do park hopping?

Thanks for all the replies!

mbcary
01-25-2005, 08:41 PM
So if I buy an annual pass for about $420 instead of the 6 day pass with park hopper that I was going to purchase for $256, that's an extra $164 for the pass. But if we're staying 7 nights, I could save $100 or more each night (for a total savings of over $400) by getting the AP rate, if they offer one. Is that right?

Does the annual pass let me do park hopping?

Thanks for all the replies!

Yes, the AP does let you park hop. There is an AP and a Premium AP. The premium AP gets you into the water parks and PI and I think DisneyQuest. It is of course a little bit more. Another thing to consider is that Disney now offers 20% off of dining with the AP. See this website for more info on that - http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm

Hope this helps.

skiingwife
01-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the tip about the DDE; I plan to eat at a lot of those restaurants. For my family of 5, we can recoup the $50 cost pretty quickly, like in the first 2 days!

GoldenOldie
01-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Are AP's good at both WDW and DL?
Sadly, no they are not.

luvthatduke
01-25-2005, 11:54 PM
Disney Store CM's told me that they had
to send all their AP vouchers back when
the store turned over to the new chain.
They no longer sell AP's.

Also, if you purchase your AP from CRO,
CM on phone told me to allow at least
2 weeks for it to be processed & received in your mailbox.

I know either allears.net or mousesavers.com have
a complete list of the 2005 AP discounts around WDW.

Leota
01-26-2005, 05:13 AM
Please remember that there are a limited number of AP rate rooms available for use by AP Holders...... That's as much of my soapbox as I'll get on.

There are no guarentees that you will get an AP rate room. I'd buy the AP if you are going to use more than 8 days. I'd buy a pass & get a general code rate if you aren't.

Joy4Ron
01-26-2005, 06:20 AM
I'd buy a pass & get a general code rate if you aren't.

General code rate? What general code rate. do you mean a postcard?
The more I see on this board, the more confused I get.
I certainly don't want to pay rack rates, but I'm quickly finding out that a fascination with WDW and a litle info can drive a person batty

KilleriMac17
01-26-2005, 07:20 AM
you can also buy APs at ticket boots at the parks I beleive, and if you are flying down to disney, you can get activated ap's(not vouchers) at the disney stores at the airport in orlando.

Eyore4Ever149
01-26-2005, 08:31 AM
There is no discount buy purchasing an AP ahead of time. I suggest www.moussavers.com for full and complete details.
2 different codes can be released to the public, one is for general public and one is for annual passholders only. The AP code tends to be a bit better, but the new MYW tickets are a great price.
Be sure to total and compare different ways you might do your trip.
Rack rate + tickets
Rack rate + annual pass
keep in mind there are standard discounts offered at many restaurants without the new Diner's card.
and discounts DO come out frequently for room rates.

Leota
01-26-2005, 09:35 AM
There are general public code rates released thru newspapers, AAA, magazines etc. Those can be found at Mousesavers.com There are also e-mail or postcard code rates which are targeted to specific individuals. These various code rates are different than AP rates & are meant to be used by non-passholders.

lomillerin
01-26-2005, 09:41 AM
I just got the AP rate for savannah view room over spring break for 199.00 a night. The rack rate is 370.00 a night. If you are planning on 7 or more days over a year, it is more than worth it. Of course, now that I have the AP, I am planning more trips than I would end up spending more. :teeth: