PDA

View Full Version : Recent Port Orleans French Quarter guests?

Tiffanie
01-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Considering POFQ for our February 2006 trip to WDW. We stayed there about 12 years ago, and have tried all the other moderates since then. We loved it when we stayed there, being from New Orleans we enjoyed the French Quarter theming. Thinking of going back again, but wanted to see how the resort has held up, and how recent guests have felt after staying here. We are a family of four, myself, DH, and two DSs ages 4 & 8 at the time of the trip.

Any thoughts? Feedback? Problems there?

TIA!

helenk
01-25-2005, 04:20 PM
We stayed at the POFQ this June and again this December. The entire resort was re-furbished and just reopened in the Spring, last year.
We love this resort, it is nice and compact, most of the buildings are not far from the main building. Transportation was great, we never had a very long wait at all. The beds were very comfortable.
Each room has a coffee maker, an iron and ironing board and a small fridge.
The pool was large and very nice, the hot tub was not too far from the pool but we never got a chance to try it out.
The food court is small and there is no sit down restaurant, but generally we only ate breakfast at the resort so the food court was fine for us. It is just a short walk to the POR, they have a bigger food court and a sit down restaurant.
I am sure you and your family will enjoy the POFQ.

Harligirl
01-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Hi

Just came back from a weekend getaway- this is our first time at POFQ and we loved it! We stayed in Bldg #4- it was a great location but all the bldgs are pretty close together. We used the boat to DD a couple times- very handy. The food court was pretty good- never got over to POR so can't tell you about that. Housekeeping was good- room was nice- Overall a great experience and would stay there again!

chatty
01-25-2005, 04:51 PM
POFQ is the only resort we stay at. OH the rehab is Fantastic. I Love the room and the resort in everyway. The beds are new, Beautifuly decorated, Romantic theaming throughout. Great CM's and so Relaxing. Everything is so compact and the bus stop is first on first off. I think POFQ is the Best. We will be there again this May. We can't get enough of this resort. So don't worry and enjoy all the up-dates.
Chatty

sanibelover
01-25-2005, 04:57 PM
Can't say I thought POFQ was all that special, but I will say that it was well kept. It was obvious that it had been recently refurbished when we were there in Nov.