PDA

View Full Version : Luggage transfer

bishop1989
01-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Just read another post and had to ask this question.
If I stay at CR and then a few night at AKL will Disney transfer my bags to the AKL for me while we just enjoy the day at the parks?
I am staying at CR for the first time in July, but would love to see AKL for a day or two while I am there. But I do not want to waste time in checking out, loading car, unloading car, checking in, etc. This would be a great thing!

Thanks for any replies.

spiceycat
01-25-2005, 02:01 PM
yes - they will move you not a problem - call early (the earlier the better) and bell services will come and get your luggage - remember to have a note with your name, the resort you are going to, and I like to add the reservation confirmation number - remember to tip!!!

make sure that all medicines and anything else you will need is in a backpack that you are taking not packing. - anything that can't be replaced - take with you.

beccasmom
01-25-2005, 02:11 PM
I agree with all the advice given - we do it all the time! Also, please be aware that sometimes your luggage may not available at the new resort until later in the afternoon - after 4:00 perhaps. This is not always the case, but sometimes it is.

PrincessCandaceMarie
01-25-2005, 02:46 PM
And just to add, be patient, and if the bags are delivered to your room when you are in the room, be sure to add a tip! Thanks! :wizard:

LibertyLover
01-25-2005, 02:54 PM
They will transfer the luggage. We stayed at AKL and then transferred to the Poly. All I had to do was call bell services at AKL and tell them that I was transferring there. I did have to stay with the luggage until it was picked up, but that was just 10 minutes. They told me it would be there by 3 pm and gave me a claim check to give to the Poly bell services. It worked out very nicely. My DH dropped his daughter at the airport to catch her flight home while I took our DD and went over to the Poly to check in. He joined me, we had lunch and afterwards went to the bell desk. Our luggage had arrived and we were put, with it, on a golf cart and taken to our room.