PDA

View Full Version : Which Deluxe Resort with kids 3 & 6?

Allycat1
01-25-2005, 11:33 AM
We're planning a trip to Disney in early Nov or Dec of this year. Going to stay at a Deluxe Resort. Which one is best suited for a family with 2 small kids ages 4 & 6? We're leaning more towards Wilderness Lodge at this point. Thanks for the help! Ally :cool1:

spiceycat
01-25-2005, 11:40 AM
they will love the bunks beds at WL or AKL.

there are also bunk beds at FW cabins.

but I think the Polyn (because of the monrail) is a perfect resort for a first time visit to a deluxe.

clutter
01-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Contemporary. You just can't beat being able to push those strollers home at the end of the day.

When it comes to theming, my dd didn't care too much at that age. She liked AKL and ASMo, but the regional themes, like "upper northwest" or "southern", she didn't get. Given that, I'd either go for the theming of AKL, or go for convenience of Contemporary. The former if you're earlier people and plan to get back to the room early, the latter if you're more night people and plan to do MVMCP. But we tend to hang ou tin the morning then do the parks until the last one closes.

Taratink
01-25-2005, 12:39 PM
My kids are 3 1/2 and 5 1/2 and we are staying at the WL. My kids love the boat and are very excited about the bunkbeds. I chose it for the geyser, otter pond and waterfalls. We plan on renting a boat there as well. You can see the ewp from the beach. There is a small playgroud there and I have heard that the pool is nice. It is important for us to have a balcony so my husband and I can give the kids some space while they are trying to fall asleep. I plan on writing a trip report upon our return. Unfortunately my son sprainged his ankle and can't walk. Hopefully he will be better by Sun.
Have fun planning!
Tara :wave2:

micmacmissy
01-25-2005, 12:43 PM
I say Grand Floridian all the way. Our son is train obsessed, so he LOVED the monorail. So easy to get to/from the parks. The pools were fantastic, they could play in the sand at the beach, and the rooms were big enough for them to stretch out a bit.

My second choice would be the Poly. I agree with the other poster who said stick to the monorail--it is SO much easier with the kids!

We thought the CR was a dump--very depressing--but my son thought it was cool the way the monorail went through the lobby.

DisneyMomx7
01-25-2005, 02:15 PM
My first choice is GF.

Second choice would be Poly.

Third choice would be WL.

rcraw45425
01-25-2005, 04:27 PM
We've stayed at all of the monorail resorts and WL. We tend to keep returning to CR for the room size end convenience. WL is wonderful, if it were directly on the monorail it would be absolutely perfect. The pool, to me is perfect. The slide comes out in a not so deep end that is great if your children are on the small size. You as a parnet don't feel so paranoid about letting them get in by themselves and you sit on the lounge chair instead of having to be right there when they come off the slide which is how I usually feel. GF is great, we haven't stayed there since they built the theme pool. Poly was okay, the rooms are as large as the CR but our stay was a bit too noisy for DH. We are staying at the Yacht Club next week, can't wait for the kids to try Stormalong Bay, the pool there. I don't think it's possible to go wrong with a deluxe hotel but I guess it depends on what your kids like. My girls have been happy at all of the hotels but even they siad that they didn't care that moch for the Poly, which surprised me. We weren't there for the holidays but I do know that WL goes all out with their decorations and also has a horse driven sleigh ride available. GF has lovely decorations too. Hope this helps..............