PDA

View Full Version : Proof that Fax Requests really work!

TinkerBelle_325
01-25-2005, 11:21 AM
In the past I've read posts that people are skeptical as to whether or not fax requests really work. I was actually pretty doubtful myself but thought it was worth the effort to give it a try. It wasn't like I would lose anything by faxing a request right?

So, on our last trip to WDW (May/June 2004) I sent a request to CSR 3 days before our arrival. It was simple and to the point. I asked for a non-smoking room, in Casitas 1 or 3, on the 2nd floor if possible. I also added that my parents were both turning 50 in 2004 and this trip was to celebrate their birthdays.

We arrived at Coronado and were told (at 12 noon) that our room was ready and we had been upgraded to waterview from our standard view. Great! :goodvibes Even if this had been all we got out of the fax I would have been thrilled.

Our room was in Casitas 1 and on the 2nd floor (as requested! :teeth: ) AND non-smoking. So they were batting a thousand as far as I was concerned.

When we arrived at our room we all had to do a double take. It was a corner room, with a perfect view of The Dig Site AND it was as close as you can be to El Centro. If we looked out our window there was the archway leading up to the Maya Grill. We were a hop skip and a jump away from the Pepper Market, which was great for re-filling mugs and getting breakfast early in the morning.

One more wonderful surprise as we entered the room. There was an autographed picture from Mickey and Minnie wishing my parents a Happy 50th Birthday, as well as 3 balloons and an absolutely beatuful wooden photo box with little mickey heads carved into the corners. (We later saw it in the World of Disney for $25!)

This was above and beyond anything we were expecting and set the magical mood of our trip from our first moment at CSR :cloud9:

TLinden16
01-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Wow. You sure had a lot of luck :)

Karen

Minniemom97
01-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Wow - how nice! I requested birthday balloons in our room for my daughter's 7th b-day (even told them I would pay for them) but it didn't happen. I wasn't expecting anything but .... I was sort of surprised that since I told them I would pay for it something wasn't there (and charged to my bill!). The CM did wish her a happy birthday when we checked in, so it must have been listed on our reservation. Little surprises like that are nice!

Rafikifan
01-25-2005, 11:41 AM
I think that it's great that it worked out for you but the policies have changed since then and Disney resorts no longer allow fax requests. Of course those who are concierge will still have the planning perks but no more faxes. The following was copied from another thread on this subject. Sorry to be a bummer but wanted to let people know who haven't read about the change yet.

…We have been informed that the Disney resorts have been told to no longer accept any room requests that are phoned or faxed in directly to the resort. To have a request met, it should be noted on your room reservation. If you made your reservation through the Disney Reservations Center, call them to have your request noted. If your reservation was made through a travel agent, the request should go through your agent.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupda...w/wdw050124.htm

luvthatduke
01-26-2005, 12:38 AM
Rafikifan, your link was broken,
and after searching MousePlanet I could
not find the quote you have in your post.

I did find this:

From The Mailbag, answered by Mike, on January 6, 2005:

In the past guests could fax their resort four days prior to their arrival and send a detailed requests. In place was a room assigner who would try and meet these requests. This practice worked well for many guests. I know that every time I Faxed my request it was met.
Late last year resorts like the Wilderness Lodge stopped accepting such Faxes and instead would go with requests which came via the Central Reservation Office or Walt Disney Travel Company. However, I am not certain that all resorts have followed WL in doing so.

And also from Mike, October 2004:
In the past, the Walt Disney World Resort was receptive to guests faxing their respective resort and making special room requests. I myself would fax my resort at the proper time, exactly four days before arriving. The fax would start off very complimentary to the resort and then follow with my request. In some cases the request would involve a specific building, specific floor, specific view, or even a specified range of room numbers.

Unfortunately, some of the resorts have discontinued this practice of taking requests over the last few years. All is not lost, however. If you wish to make specific room requests, my suggestion is to do so at the time of your booking. The resort you are booking with will receive this information along with your reservation. I have tried this and it seems to work. After all, first-come, first-served.

My personal opinion, based on info from other Disney websites,
is that it doesn't hurt (like the OP stated).

Rafikifan
01-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Luvthatduke, I cut and pasted the quote from a thread here started by
GeoffM on Monday (1/24). I guess the hyperlink was broken when I copied and pasted? I know little about hyperlinks on the forums (sorry!). If you do a search using his name you will find the thread easily. I'm sure the info is accurate since he had just read it and he is a very credible poster. It doesn't come as a big surprise since some front desk CM's who post here on DIS have stated for a while that they were just throwing the faxes in the trash when they got them because they were getting so many that they didn't have time to sort through them.

luvthatduke
01-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Rafikifan, thanks for the PM.

Wow, that's weird...
I did a search on "fax" at
MousePlanet & didn't get
the GeoffM posting.
I got what I posted last night.
Well, now I don't know what
to think...
BTW, I'm not a techno person, either,
didn't mean to sound harsh about your link.
Sometimes the written word doesn't
come across as intended ;)

Anyway, maybe a fax is something that is
worth the effort to at least attempt,
in order to try & get a request met?
For instance, if CM's are throwing
the fax's away, then when someone
shows up at check-in with their request it would
not have made a difference, anyway.
Don't know if I'm making sense,
I know what I want to say but
it's not coming out right *sigh*.

Thanks for your reply,
and keep us all updated if you
hear anything else concrete.

Rafikifan
01-26-2005, 11:23 AM
luvthatduke, you have a pm. I didn't think your words were harsh at all - I know little about how to get the hyperlinks to work. I should look it up but I'm too busy getting my DIS fix! :sunny:

G00fyDad
01-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Um, just a quick note...

I called the CBR no less than 5 days ago and asked the front desk (at the hotel) and they said it would be just fine if I wanted to send in a request.

candleonwater
01-26-2005, 12:42 PM
I've always refrained from faxing in a request, I always make my request at the time of reservation. I have been warned that the "1st" request is pretty much the ONLY one they look at... which worries me.

So far we've been pretty lucky... at BC we loved the room we were in the first trip, didn't make any special requests for the second trip... and we were put in EXACTLY the same room.

I worry that faxing in a request might be pushing my luck a bit too far.

Now I'm afraid for our upcoming trip (CR - Tower)... I "requested" MK view... but I would also like a Non-smoking room... is that too limiting?

luvthatduke
01-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Rafikifan, PM'd you back *smile*

Sammie
01-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Um, just a quick note...

I called the CBR no less than 5 days ago and asked the front desk (at the hotel) and they said it would be just fine if I wanted to send in a request.

Actually when you call Disney now and ask for the front desk you get a central answering area. You do not actually get the front desk at any particular resort.

You can still send the faxes, but your requests will be noted from the downloaded information on the computer from CRO, not from reading the fax.

The situation just got out of hand with thousands of faxes being sent everyday.

luvthatduke
01-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Here's the thread on DIS:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=723889

Here's updated info on allears:
http://allearsnet.com/acc/cro1.htm

It's been said before, & I'll say it again:
"Expect nothing & you won't be disappointed."

Even tho it doesn't look like faxes are totally done away with (yet),
no matter what, a request is simply that...

G00fyDad
01-26-2005, 08:42 PM
No, again, I did not call the main Disney number. I called the CBR directly. I then asked if it was indeed the front desk at CBR. She said yes it is. So I did talk to them and not the CRO.

When I call Disney about something I do not half a** it.

Sammie
01-26-2005, 10:19 PM
No, again, I did not call the main Disney number. I called the CBR directly. I then asked if it was indeed the front desk at CBR. She said yes it is. So I did talk to them and not the CRO.

When I call Disney about something I do not half a** it.

All the numbers get funneled into a central calling area now. They are not even on that property. I have a friend that works there. They will tell you that you are speaking to the CBR Front Desk, but truely you are not. You can hang up and get the same person and that person will now be at the Front Desk of the Yacht Club depending on the number you dialed. When you dial the number listed for CBR they answer CBR and if you dial the Yacht Club number they answer Yacht Club. It is a cost cutting procedure.

The information you were given will be correct for that resort, as they have the authority to speak for the resort.

Several people have posted on these forums about the problems this new service has caused them as they thought they were talking to someone actually at the Front Desk of the resort. Same thing will happen if you dial the front desk from your room. You go to Central calling.

You are right though you were not talking to CRO you were talking to WDW resort phone service.

G00fyDad
01-27-2005, 05:33 AM
GOOD GREIF!!! Okay, so then the CM lied to me !!! Disney has CM that will for no reason just lie to everyone. The woman stated that yes she was at the hotel. she was on the hotel property. She was behind the desk. She was at the customs house for CBR. She was standing near the checkin checkout area. But I guess she lied about that. HMMMMMM My mistake. I guess I'll take your word for it and just simply not believe anything they tell me anymore. I dont mean to rant here but GEEZ! I just woke up a bit ago and this is the first email post message I get. Someone telling me that either I am lying or she is lying. Wow. (Not likely.)

Let me tell you what.... I dont just blindly call and take what they tell me as gospel. Sometimes I call back to verify info with someone else. And when I call someone I make absolutely sure I am talking to who I need to talk to.

Philly81
01-27-2005, 06:10 AM
GOOD GREIF!!! Okay, so then the CM lied to me !!! Disney has CM that will for no reason just lie to everyone. The woman stated that yes she was at the hotel. she was on the hotel property. She was behind the desk. She was at the customs house for CBR. She was standing near the checkin checkout area. But I guess she lied about that. HMMMMMM My mistake. I guess I'll take your word for it and just simply not believe anything they tell me anymore. I dont mean to rant here but GEEZ! I just woke up a bit ago and this is the first email post message I get. Someone telling me that either I am lying or she is lying. Wow. (Not likely.)

Let me tell you what.... I dont just blindly call and take what they tell me as gospel. Sometimes I call back to verify info with someone else. And when I call someone I make absolutely sure I am talking to who I need to talk to.

I wouldn't take this so personally. Sammie is giving you the facts about the calling center. The CM wasn't *lying* about being a rep. for CBR's front desk but I'm sure they don't have the time to explain the logistics of where they are to every guest who calls. As for the faxed requests, go ahead and fax away but make sure that they are already noted on your reservation with CRO because that is where they get them from now. I doubt the CM meant to lie to you about that but unless she was the room controller she has nothing to do with granting requests. You may get all your requests and I hope you do, I just think the people posting about the faxes just want to pass along the info so others don't set themselves up for a big disappointment because they think the fax will get them their requests.

G00fyDad
01-27-2005, 06:34 AM
I have a friend that works there. They will tell you that you are speaking to the CBR Front Desk, but truely you are not.
(First, if anyone is offended by my posts here I am truly sorry. I just dont like getting treadted like I halfway do things or that I am an idiot.)

Oh my lord. Fine. Then the CM was lying. I'm not the average individual who takes things at face value. I am a litttle smarter than that. I already thought of what you're telling me, that the calls go to a switchboard. But I even asked if the CM was in fact "standing at the cbr desk?". They stated "yes sir." and I then asked "So you are physically IN the Customs House AT Caribbean Beach?" to which they stated "Yes sir. You have the Caribbean Beach Resorts front desk.".

So, I ask you again. And please dont beat around the bush. Are they lying or are you wrong? I am going with the CM on this one and am willing to bet you are wrong. Btw, she's there right now. Call her and tell her she is lying. I dare you. (407) 934-3400.

skiwee1
01-27-2005, 06:41 AM
I'd like to know if this is very recent with central calling? In October at the Poly I called the front desk a couple times and spoke to a number of CMs. Twice I had to go down to the front desk and get something from the CM that I had just talked to over the phone. While I do not question Sammie on the info about someone outside of the resort getting funneled to a central calling number I do not for one minute believe it happens when you call from your actual hotel room. How on earth can they do such a thing? What if from my resort room I call the front desk to ask if I got a delivery. Front desk clerk says let me look in the back and check for you. How do you think that happens if the CM is not even in the building? It doesn't. I just do not believe it. I think I will be calling the manager of the Poly today and finding this out first hand. Oh and I have his real number and not one funneled to some psuedo Poly manager! LOL!

G00fyDad
01-27-2005, 06:50 AM
See. Besides, if they wanted to funnel all calls directly to one area, why the different numbers? They can have just one number for all the resorts. They have one number for the CRO. Whatever.

Point being I talked to the front desk this morning again and she said that faxes (at CBR) are welcome but no more than 3 days from your vacation date.
Just remember one rule of thumb, NEVER be pushy and limit the number of requests. They will not go out of their way to accomodate you if you are snotty and "ME" in the fax.

GoldenOldie
01-27-2005, 09:23 AM
The acceptance or not of faxes always has been a choice that each individual non-DVC resort could make for itself. There has been no order from Disney that all resorts stop accepting them despite what Mike Scopa's site said. The decision remains completely up to each resort to determine for themselves.

G00fyDad
01-27-2005, 09:26 AM
The acceptance or not of faxes always has been a choice that each individual non-DVC resort could make for itself. There has been no order from Disney that all resorts stop accepting them despite what Mike Scopa's site said. The decision remains completely up to each resort to determine for themselves.
This is exactly what I have been trying to tell everyone. :teeth: No one seems to want to believe me though.

Sammie
01-27-2005, 08:03 PM
I really did not mean to upset anyone with this information to the point of hostility. It's just that I have friends that work there and I know what their job is.

When you call 407-934-3400 (main number for CBR) you get the Disney Call Center. The number alerts the CM that someone is calling for CBR. If you call another number they know you need info on that resort due to the number you called such as Yacht Club.

After you get the Call Center agent (who will answer the phone Disney Caribbean Resort) she or he will try to answer your questions. Certainly some questions they can not answer and you will be transferred to the Front Desk of that resort.

The reason for doing this is to screen the calls and keep the number of calls going directly to the front desk to a minimum.

Philly81 thank you for your kind and considerate comments.

I live in the area and I have friends that work at the Call Center there would be absolutely no reason to make any of this up.

They can also connect you to any Disney telephone or room directly from the Call Center without having to transfer you back to the Front Desk as they used to.

G00fyDad
01-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Okay, so the Disney CM's are lying. Right.

I'm not upset. I just didnt think you wanted to be saying that they lie to guests in a forum full of Disney addicts. I mean, theres no going around it. There is no gray area. Either they are mistaken or they are lying. I do intend to prove it for myself when I get there in October. I am going into the Customs House and calling that number. 10 to 1 a CM behind the desk answers the phone.

Look, you are not upsetting me at all. I just cant get you to understand that it is a CM at the Customs House answering the phone and youre not going to convince me that Disney lies to its guests. So lets drop it.

The whole point is moot anyway. The thread is titled "Proof that fax requests really work!". Even if they lied to me and were at the CRO and not CBR, they still said that they accept them. Point made. Game over.

SyracuseWolvrine
01-27-2005, 10:36 PM
I remember one instance where I called the Grand Floridian, asking for directions to their cast parking lot. The person that I spoke with wasn't able to give me accurate directions. This, to me, adds some support to the idea that most calls are routed to a phone center, rather than to the actual front desk of the resort. I would think that if I were talking to someone actually at the front desk, they would have been able to give me good directions to a parking lot they park in every day they work. Perhaps I just got someone who was new, perhaps not.

Chip 'n Dale Express
01-28-2005, 01:53 AM
As someone who worked resort front desk, I can assure you that no matter if you call the resorts direct 407-xxx-xxxx number, or press the Front Desk button, 95% of the time you will get the Resort Call Center. The reason for this is that when you have a 2,000+ room resort, with a fully loaded front desk, the back office gets bombarded with calls that they cannot handle. So, they all get forwarded to the call center. 95% of all calls can be handled by the call center, which in essence is a remote front desk. They have the same authorities and access as the actual front desk. In the case that they cannot handle the call, they can instantly connect you to the real back office. And thanks to "Disney Magic" they are at whatever resort you are calling or calling from. They are not lying... they are simply preserving the magical guest experience.

G00fyDad
01-28-2005, 06:29 AM
Okay, okay, okay. I get it people. Disney lied. No problem. If you're right then I am very disappointed in them. If they are at a central location at not at the resort then they should just say so. Why do they lie about it? And dont tell me that they didnt lie and that it was just a misunderstanding on my part. The woman stated that she was physically at the CBR front desk in the Customs House. So why the lie? I am just curious.

As someone who worked resort front desk, I can assure you that no matter if you call the resorts direct 407-xxx-xxxx number, or press the Front Desk button, 95% of the time you will get the Resort Call Center. The reason for this is that when you have a 2,000+ room resort, with a fully loaded front desk, the back office gets bombarded with calls that they cannot handle. So, they all get forwarded to the call center. 95% of all calls can be handled by the call center, which in essence is a remote front desk. They have the same authorities and access as the actual front desk. In the case that they cannot handle the call, they can instantly connect you to the real back office. And thanks to "Disney Magic" they are at whatever resort you are calling or calling from. They are not lying... they are simply preserving the magical guest experience.

Did you lie to guests when they called you? Did you tell them that you were at the front desk of a hotel?

I swear I am not trying to get anyone upset here I am just having a hard time understanding why Disney would lie about something so trivial. After all the things they do to make the place a family place, they are going to lie about something so simple?

And again, all of this is off the point.

The thread is titled "Proof that fax requests really work!". Even if they lied to me and were at the CRO and not CBR, they still said that they accept them

Papillon
01-28-2005, 07:31 AM
GoofyDad, decaf, man.

G00fyDad
01-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Why is everyone thinking I'm upset? I have a smile on my face and am playing with DS while I do this. I'm not upset. It's just that who answers a phone call is not what the post was about to begin with.

I'm not getting bent out of shape at all. I was just kind of shocked to learn from everyone that aparently has first hand knowledge of this, that Disney lies to its guests. I mean, that is what just about everyone here is saying after all.

Tink10
01-28-2005, 10:08 AM
It's been fun reading this thread, but I can't help but wonder why it matters where the CM that you're speaking to is?

As long as they can answer your questions or transfer you to someone who can, what's the big deal?

Just Wondering.... :confused3

G00fyDad
01-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Exactly my point.

DMRick
01-28-2005, 10:29 AM
When we were "trapped" in Disney last week because of the storm, I called down to the "front desk" to extend our stay. The gal told me she was at the front desk, and looking up our ressie. I was then told I had to call CRO though, since we were extending with an AP. Long story short, and I got disconnected..but no problem, I had her name. So I went to the front desk, and that's when I found out she wasn't "really" at the front desk, although she had told me she was. No biggy, I was able to call her back from the front desk.

I haven't send a fax in a long time, but we usually get our requests met (given when making ressie).

Tagrel
01-28-2005, 11:37 AM
As to the topic of this thread, we used to have excellent results with sending in a fax. Have not tried it the last few trips.

As to Disney 'preserving the magic' - well they ARE called Cast Members. Many use stage names, and they are 'playing a part'. If the 'part' calls for them to be 'at' the front desk, that is where they 'are'. As to Disney 'lying' to us, well, last I checked there and not many 6 foot mice that dress and greet guests (and I think I'm glad about that! :teeth: ) but if you ask ANY CM they will tell you that Mickey is real. No matter HOW many times you ask them the same question. So, 'lying' is a Disney tradition, and one that many patrons pay big bucks for! ::yes::

Oh, and GoofyDad - go reread your posts... The Decaf comment was on the mark from a readers point of view... ;)

Chip 'n Dale Express
01-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Okay, okay, okay. I get it people. Disney lied. No problem. If you're right then I am very disappointed in them. If they are at a central location at not at the resort then they should just say so. Why do they lie about it? And dont tell me that they didnt lie and that it was just a misunderstanding on my part. The woman stated that she was physically at the CBR front desk in the Customs House. So why the lie? I am just curious.

She was simply preserving the Magical guest experience, which is one of our seven guest service guidelines.

Did you lie to guests when they called you? Did you tell them that you were at the front desk of a hotel?
When I worked luggage dispatch, I was physically located in the luggage area. I had no reason to say otherwise.

goofy4tink
01-28-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure why I would care about 'where' the CM was actually located. As long as they provided the service I needed at the moment. I mean...you don't really believe that 'sea life' walking around Epcot is really, dare I say...sea life?? I guess that's another Disney lie. If your boss tells you that you are to respond to customer's questions in a certain way then why would we find a problem with that? I'm pretty sure that when the CM I get at CRO gives me her 'name' she isn't giving me her real name. In fact, when I myself worked in CS, there were times I didn't give out my real name either. But, that's not the point here. If Disney wants their employees to answer a question a certain way, then so be it. Get over it. As long as you get the service you need at that moment.

As far as faxing goes....I really don't think they make a whole lot of difference. Anything I have wanted in a room I have had listed on my reservation. In almost all cases I have gotten what I asked for. Sometimes not exactly what I asked for but something even better. I figure I'm in Disney World...how bad can it be. It always amazes me to see people asking what room they should ask for...a specific room number to boot. Ask for what is really important to you..non-smoking, handicapped, close to an elevator. Then say a particular view would be nice. If you don't get what you want, then maybe it just wasn't possible to get if for you.

Philly81
01-29-2005, 11:36 AM
Thank you Chip 'n Dale Express for clearing this up!! Sometimes people get angry when they ask questions and then get answers that they don't want to hear. :confused3 I know I speak for many who appreciate your CM insight on these boards. Thanks for taking the time, effort, and occasionally grief. :umbrella:

G00fyDad
01-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Thank you Chip 'n Dale Express for clearing this up!! Sometimes people get angry when they ask questions and then get answers that they don't want to hear. :confused3 I know I speak for many who appreciate your CM insight on these boards. Thanks for taking the time, effort, and occasionally grief. :umbrella:
Who's giving him grief? Who got angry? Who got an answer they didnt want to hear? What are you talking about? I never gave Chip 'n Dale Express any grief, I never got angry, I never got an answer I didnt want to hear. I never got any answer. My question was whether they lied or not. That was pretty simple and straight forward. Everyone else keeps beating around the bush. It simply comes down to this and nothing else:

She was at the CRO and not at CBR = she lied (nothing magical about that)
She was at CBR and not the CRO = I was right. (still nothing magical :) )

It wasnt something like her telling me "Hello. Caribbean Beach resort.". I actually asked her if she was standing at the desk at CBR. I also called yesterday and informed her of this dispute and she told me that she was indeed standing at the front desk at the Carribbean Beach Resort at 900 Cayman Way Lake Buena Vista Florida.

Now will you all PLEASE stop acting like I am getting upset? I am about a thousand miles from upset. I think it is really hillarious though how no one wants to answer the question directly. LOL It takes a lot more than that to upset me.

Oh yeah, for the next posters to this thread.....

... I'm not upset. :rotfl:

luvthatduke
01-29-2005, 12:12 PM
De Nile's not just a river in Egypt...

G00fyDad
01-29-2005, 12:13 PM
?? huh ??

Sammie
01-29-2005, 01:38 PM
denial

GoofyDad since you are not upset and if you truely want to know. However if these postings are you being calm, I don't want to see upset. :)

First off, we are not talking about CRO, Central Resevations Office, which makes reservations. We are talking about the Walt Disney World Resort Call Center. It is a main switchboard that handles all calls coming into Disney World and also internal calls. They are not the same thing.

If you call the main number listed for all Disney resort the Call Center answers the phones. I have a friend that works there, so I am very familiar with how it works. They can tell on their switchboard which number was rang so they know how to answer the phone. My friend literallys answers phones for all the resorts and she answers it with the resort name. She is not at the resort. She could not be at all of them at the same time.

She can however transfer you anywhere you need, including the Front Desk. However even when you get the front desk of a resort you do not get those CM's standing out front. They are too busy to answer the phones. As Tyler who worked Pop Century pointed out, they call to the Back Office which is located behind the Front Desk. You know that place the CM's suddenly disappear to when you need a manager.

If she transferred you, then yes you could talk to someone in the back office of the resort. If you talked to the person who answered the main phone then she is at the Switchboard. She is however, as someone else stated part of the Cast. Lying, I don't see it as that. It's all part of the system.

I called Coronado Springs resort one day wanting the Front Desk, but I actually dialed the CBR number by mistake. When she answered CBR I said, "Sorry I wanted the CSR Front Desk", she said without any transferring, Oh, I can handle that.

My point in even mentioning this is, in reference to faxes is. Disney is very good at telling guests what they think they want to hear. You may consider that lying, some of us consider it magic. After all isn't magic about deception. Right now none of the resorts are giving any serious thought to what is on a fax for requests. They are using the ones downloaded into their computers from Reservations. You can certainly still send, but more than likely it will just end up in a pile not looked. Some such as Wilderness Lodge have made an official statement, others are just ignoring them without statement. As SafetyMom has stated many times on these forums, just add them to your reservations, as that is the best way to get them noticed.

When you call a resort and ask if you can still fax requests, Yes you can. Will they look it and try to honor it, they did not say that, they said you can send it.

I hope this clears up any confusion, I know I for one and probably everyone else are ready to let it go.

Philly81
01-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Goofydad, did I quote you or address my comments in my last post to you? No! I addressed my comments to Chip 'n Dale Express and they were sincere. He answers many questions on these forums and I appreciate that. He answers honestly and does not flame guests but gives his thoughts on many subjects and DOES get flak from time to time. Why you think everyone's post in this thread is totally aimed at you is beyond me and silly unless you are new at participating in forum discussions. I have QUICKLY realized that you believe in what you believe STRONGLY evidently so I am not trying to argue with you! I TRULY hope you get all your requests, have a wonderful vacation, but I hope that you have a much less stressed out attitude when you get to Disney World than you have shown here. :sunny:

Who's giving him grief? Who got angry? Who got an answer they didnt want to hear? What are you talking about? I never gave Chip 'n Dale Express any grief, I never got angry, I never got an answer I didnt want to hear. I never got any answer. My question was whether they lied or not. That was pretty simple and straight forward. Everyone else keeps beating around the bush. It simply comes down to this and nothing else:

She was at the CRO and not at CBR = she lied (nothing magical about that)
She was at CBR and not the CRO = I was right. (still nothing magical :) )

It wasnt something like her telling me "Hello. Caribbean Beach resort.". I actually asked her if she was standing at the desk at CBR. I also called yesterday and informed her of this dispute and she told me that she was indeed standing at the front desk at the Carribbean Beach Resort at 900 Cayman Way Lake Buena Vista Florida.

Now will you all PLEASE stop acting like I am getting upset? I am about a thousand miles from upset. I think it is really hillarious though how no one wants to answer the question directly. LOL It takes a lot more than that to upset me.

Oh yeah, for the next posters to this thread.....

... I'm not upset. :rotfl:

G00fyDad
01-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Wow. That's a lot of apostrophies. At least someones upset. :rotfl2:

G00fyDad
01-29-2005, 03:12 PM

Youre telling me this wasnt directed as a hint toward me that I am wrong? Hmmmm. Okay.... :worship: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Philly81
01-29-2005, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=G00fyDad]Wow. That's a lot of apostrophies. At least someones upset. :rotfl2:[/QUOTE

Deb & Bill
01-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Wow. That's a lot of apostrophies. At least someones upset.

Do you mean exclamation points?

zippehsmom
01-29-2005, 04:15 PM
OK thanks Deb & Bill. I thought I was crazy for a second as I looked at the post for the 4th time in search of apostrophes.

zippehsmom

Philly81
01-29-2005, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=zippehsmom]OK thanks Deb & Bill. I thought I was crazy for a second as I looked at the post for the 4th time in search of apostrophes.

zippehsmom[/QUOT

And I apologize for having a chuckle with saying "there's one more" but at that moment I couldn't resist. I'm sorry guys. :grouphug:

G00fyDad
01-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Do you mean exclamation points?
Sorry I did mean exclamation points.

And as for the typing, I think I am doing rather well for having to type one handed. My right one is in a cast. Yes, Im right handed. :(

Misti
01-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Hi guys,

Can we please let the other stuff go and keep this on topic? :idea:

I've been watching this thread and hoped the bickering would end. But, it keeps going and going. Maybe I should just move it to the Debate Board! :confused3

Thanks for understanding! :wave:

Aisling
01-29-2005, 10:40 PM
GoofyDad, decaf, man.

:rotfl2:

Chip 'n Dale Express, thanks for the explanation! I have wondered how the real front desk at the hotels can handle what must be tons of calls. I never knew about the call center. But don't worry, the Disney "magic" hasn't been spoiled for me!

luvthatduke
01-29-2005, 11:25 PM
Just a quick "thank you" to Sammie.
I didn't check until now, so I'm glad you cleared it up.
I thought it best if I wrote it as we jokingly say it,
but guess I should have just "spelled it out."

Thanks also to you & to Tyler for your
up close & personal input.
It's very valuable & very welcome from all of us!

eeyore45
01-29-2005, 11:43 PM
if you ask ANY CM they will tell you that Mickey is real. No matter HOW many times you ask them the same question. So, 'lying' is a Disney tradition, and one that many patrons pay big bucks for! ::yes::

dont forget to add that there is only ONE Mickey Mouse (or name your character) No matter where you are, what park or cruise, we all know there is only ONE!!

eeyore45
01-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Question concerning faxes....

I wonder if WDW also gets all those annoying "spam" faxes as well as future guest faxes?

I work at a church and am so amazed at the amount of faxes our small church was getting . . . (of course the number has declined since the do not call listing went into effect!!)

Sammie
01-30-2005, 01:08 AM
Question concerning faxes....

I wonder if WDW also gets all those annoying "spam" faxes as well as future guest faxes?

I work at a church and am so amazed at the amount of faxes our small church was getting . . . (of course the number has declined since the do not call listing went into effect!!)

Yes they do. The problem with the faxes is, it just got out of hand, hundreds per day. There literally was no way for the staff to wade through them. Guests were upset when they checked in that the staff had no idea of the fax or what was in it. They felt since it was received it was read. When you give your requests to Reservations it is linked to your reservation. So when the reservation is downloaded into the resort system the requests go with them. It truely is the best system for the guest and the staff.

The key to success is be brief, ask for things you might have a chance of getting.

G00fyDad
01-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Hi guys,

Can we please let the other stuff go and keep this on topic? :idea:

I've been watching this thread and hoped the bickering would end. But, it keeps going and going. Maybe I should just move it to the Debate Board! :confused3

Thanks for understanding! :wave:
AMEN! If everyone would please direct their attention to an earlier post of mine:
Point being I talked to the front desk this morning again and she said that faxes (at CBR) are welcome but no more than 3 days from your vacation date.
Just remember one rule of thumb, NEVER be pushy and limit the number of requests. They will not go out of their way to accomodate you if you are snotty and "ME" in the fax.
At least I think that is what I originally said. Hmmmm Thread topic must have gotten lost on some people. :rotfl:

Everyone that got so upset here (and never answered my question) really crack me up. LOL :rotfl2: I think it is too funny that you let a simple little question get you so ticked off like that. And dont say you werent upset. Especially Philly81 with all those "!"'s. :rotfl2:
Wow. It's been fun folks. See ya. I'm moving on now. :rotfl:

gepetto
01-30-2005, 11:28 AM
I also called yesterday and informed her of this dispute and she told me that she was indeed standing at the front desk at the Carribbean Beach Resort at 900 Cayman Way Lake Buena Vista Florida.

You called Disney about your little argument on this thread? You are taking this waaaaaayy too seriously. :confused3 How many times are you going to call these poor people to grill them about where they are standing?

Rafikifan
01-30-2005, 12:03 PM
AMEN! If everyone would please direct their attention to an earlier post of mine:

At least I think that is what I originally said. Hmmmm Thread topic must have gotten lost on some people. :rotfl:

Everyone that got so upset here (and never answered my question) really crack me up. LOL :rotfl2: I think it is too funny that you let a simple little question get you so ticked off like that. And dont say you werent upset. Especially Philly81 with all those "!"'s. :rotfl2:
Wow. It's been fun folks. See ya. I'm moving on now. :rotfl:

{Edited by Misti} What I find scary is that you don't realize that you are the one who is being obnoxious and annoying by what I've read and who I'm quite sure the moderator's comments were directed to. Do move on please.
As to keep things on topic, I think that whether you make requests with CRO, your travel agent, or fax that the key is to remember that they are just requests and not to be too disappointed or angry if the resort can't meet them.

Misti
01-30-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm locking this thread. Not only has it completley moved off topic but we are moving towards attacking one another.

:worried: