PDA

View Full Version : Best resort for a stroll through

fljelad
01-25-2005, 10:03 AM
We are going to WDW for our very first time at the end of May. We are staying at AKL. Is there one other resort that is an absolute must see? If we found that we had an hour or so and just wanted some "downtime" away from the parks (not likely, I know! :teeth: ), which resort would you recommend that we stroll through?

madalex
01-25-2005, 10:18 AM
I would recommend the Grand Floridian for a single resort and the Epcot resorts (YC/BC/Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin) for a multiple resort stroll (since the Epcot resorts are all so close together, depending on your pace, you could wander through up to all of them in an hour).

MickeyMouth
01-25-2005, 10:41 AM
We found that the Wilderness Lodge is a great place to take a walk through for a few different reasons. First you can get there by taking the boat over from the MK. So this makes it a convenient rest break from a hot day at the MK. Second the lobby Of The WL is an awesome site with plenty of comfortable chairs to relax in for a minute or two. Last but not least is Whisperring Canyons, a fun sitdown breakfast, lunch or dinner spot that has excellent milkshakes and good food. The servers here are alot of fun, try asking for ketchup or a pepsi. After a good lunch you can take the boat back to the MK or jump off at the Contemporary and take a look around there too.

TheIncredibles
01-25-2005, 11:23 AM
As posted above, the "monorail" resorts have a few cool featues; Grand Floridian & Poly are connected by walkway or by water taxi. If you time it correctly, you can sit out on the beach area and watch the Wishes fireworks presentation (the castle can be seen form the Poly staight on) and/or the electric water parade.

spiceycat
01-25-2005, 11:26 AM
the polyn is nice - but POR is probably my favorite - more different things to see....

I am assuming you stroll is outside.

and inside stroll - WL/VWL.

diznygirl
01-25-2005, 11:28 AM
WL is a good choice - there are "animal tracks" on the walkways that my DS loves to look for.... and I like the idea of taking the boat over from MK for an afternoon break.

The Boardwalk is always fun to walk around - if you are at Epcot you can detour for a walk around, stop for an ice cream cone - then head back to Epcot.

We live here, but we love going down to Dixie Landings (can we please still call it that?!) and rent a bike and ride around. Very nice.