PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Villas or Beach Club Villas for May

melkimmom
01-25-2005, 09:06 AM
Boardwalk or Beach Club Villas Which one did you like the best and why? Undecided and you can help. :3dglasses

goofy4tink
01-25-2005, 09:26 AM
We own at BWV and just love it there!! We are going back in June and trying out BCV. My dd really has wanted to swim in SAB and this will be her chance. Other than SAB I think they are pretty similar. BWV seems to be a little more adult and formal in theme. We love strolling along the Boardwalk at night and just people watching. There are a lot of restuarant choices at BW. Spoodles, Flying Fish, ESPN, the Bakery, Big River Brewing. Then there are Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance Club. BC has Cape May and Beaches and Cream. You could use Yachtsman Steak House at YC tho. But keep in mind that you can get to any of the other restuarants very quickly by a short walk.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. If you are traveling with kids that love to swim, I would go with BCV so you could use SAB. But that would be the only big deciding factor for me. BTW...we love the pool at BWV too. The slide is terrific, especially since it isn't closed in at all. THat's a big plus for my dh since he's 6'4" and has to lie down on the enclosed parts of the slides and he doesn't like to do that!!

donmil723
01-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Since you asked for opinions, I will give you my two cents.

We really love BCV because:

1. Stormalong Bay--we are pool people and spend a majority of our time at the resort and pool. Pool bar/grill is better at BC than at BWV and Beaches and Cream is right there by the pool too.
2. Beach Club theming--we love the beach atmosphere, pastel colors, room decor, and even the fresh smell in the lobby.
3. Location--it is so nice to be able to walk to Epcot, MGM Studios, and to the Boardwalk but have the peacefulness of the BCV.

We also like that we can walk into the BC via a covered walkway and go to the public areas of the resort like the store, restaurants, etc. At BWV you have to go outside to reach most of these areas. This isn't a big deal unless it's raining though.

If we can't get into BCV, our home resort, our second choice is BWV. Good luck in the making your decision. :wizard:

Donna

trinityssong
01-25-2005, 09:39 AM
I too am trying to decide between BC and BW. I think any deluxe resort, you're going to be happy with...much depends on whats more important to each individual. We like the Epcot area because of its location. Much closer to most of the parks. Mk being the only one a bit off. We travel in 3 generation. Some resorts tend to be more geared towards kids, some more towards adults. Grandma worries the BC may with the sand may be dirty. Then, she also thinks that since it seems to be more kid geared...it may not be as relaxing with many little ones running around...tired/crying etc. LOL, course my 11yr is still a kid and is attracted to idea of the BC. Those that have stayed at both, can you shed more light?