PDA

View Full Version : Lose a tooth in Disney?

java
01-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Did you know the hotels sell a tinkerbell toothfairy kit. Comes with pixie dust and a pillow and other treats. I think it was around $10 and my DD LOVED it! Just in case anyone else has the joy of searching for a lost tooth after it pops out on a ride.

Karibeth19
01-25-2005, 09:53 AM
I wish I had known that! Last Jan., my DD lost her very first tooth at the Studios! She took great pride in showing all the characters she saw the rest of the day, and they gave her great attention for it. I had brought her own tooth fairy pillow and some extra Disney Dollars, since I knew we were close to losing it, but I wish I had known about the kit!

Jen D
01-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Wow good to know. DD lost a tooth at MGM (the day before Hurricane Jeanne, if I remember.) We have a picture of her on the NY street brandishing her tooth.

I had already brought along a Sacajawea dollar so I was covered.

kjustice
01-25-2005, 11:16 AM
I wish I had known that! My daughter lost her first tooth in the elevator at the Wilderness Lodge. She was so excited! Our family friend (and her godfather) told her "TinkerBell brings $20 for teeth at Disney!". Nice, huh???

:crazy:

BriarRabbit
01-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Our son had always lost any baby teeth when we were away from home. We were leaving Dixie to go home and he had a semi-loose tooth. He wanted to keep his record. We had a pre-departure breakfast at Port Orleans and he got an apple from the restaurant. On the walkway back to Dixie he kept chewing on the apple with his loose tooth until it finally came out! :crazy2:

littlesuitcase
01-25-2005, 01:24 PM
My son's tooth is loose right now - maybe i will start wiggling it more for him - just kidding. Thanks for the tip - with any luck we will be able to get the kit. Can you tell me where I can purchase it - we are staying at POP.

Helen

Dis2times
01-25-2005, 01:28 PM
That's too cute! They have something for everything!

Lisa :earsgirl:

wildernesslodgelover
01-25-2005, 01:50 PM
I am glad you posted this! My DD6 has not lost a tooth yet, but I wouild like to buy that for when she does. Is it approprate to just have at my house? Or is it something that would only be neat of used at WDW property?

kjustice-I hope your family friend ponied up the money! LOL!

java
01-25-2005, 02:36 PM
I was staying at the beach club and we bought it at the gift shop right in the hotel. I found it by first calling room service and asking if they had anything and they directed me to the gift shop. I bet if your hotel doesn't do it the concierge at the hotel(or the front desk) could get one for you. :teeth:

JRoglitz
01-25-2005, 02:53 PM
I just called Disney Merchandise and they said that the pillow had the three fairies on it from Sleeping Beauty and not Tinkerbell. Has anyone seen the Tinkerbell one recently. I would rather have that one. The one with the fairies on it is listed on Ebay if anyone wants to see it. The cost at Disney is $12.95 with $8.95 shipping.

MinnieMommy
01-25-2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks for this info! DD6 princess: has two bottom teeth that have been wiggling and jiggling for ages now. She hasn't lost any teeth yet and she's anxiously waiting! It would be a special memory for her if she lost one at Disney World! We're staying at POP, I hope they have the pillows there! :cloud9:

MichiganMommy
01-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Oh! I wish I had known that! Last time we stayed at WL concierge level, DS was getting close to loosing a tooth. At home, the tooth fairy brings dollar coins, and we had forgotton to bring one. DH asked at the concierge desk if they could help us find one and the CM on duty said he would try to find one for us. The next day as our whole family was stepping off the elevator, the concierge CM came up to us and said "Oh, I was able to find that coin that you needed for the tooth!". As soon as he started talking I knew he was going to blab the whole thing and I started frantically trying to shush him, but he just didn't get it. Apparently they don't have tooth fairies in the country he comes from because he totally didn't get that it was supposed to be a secret. Luckily DS is occasionally a clueless sort of kid and he wasn't paying attention. After all that, the tooth didn't fall out until we got home. Now I carry a dollar coin in my jewelry case on trips. DS6 has some loose teeth and we leave in 3 weeks. Hopefully it won't happen on a ride like Java's DD!

crusin'minnie
01-25-2005, 05:24 PM
I wish I had known about this. DD(6) lost a tooth in line for Maelstrom. She and DH were play fighting and she bit him and her tooth came out. I snuck around and bought her a Norwegian Minnie and we put a dollar with it for the tooth fairy to leave. She was thrilled.

wildernesslodgelover
01-25-2005, 05:25 PM
Thank you, Java! I will look for it!

Jroglitz-I will let you know when I come back from Disney (look at my countdown timer! yippee! :cheer2: ) if I find a tinkerbell one. I would prefer that one, too!

Michiganmommy-That is a funny story!

CamColt
01-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Thanks for that info. My DS lost a tooth on 2 consecutive trips(8/03 & 12/03). I wish I had known about this then. :)

daisylove
01-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Oh I wish I had known this. This last Dec my DD5 lost her first tooth in line at Test Track. Later at dinner at Rose and Crown they gave her a crown sunday and magical moments cert for the event. My DD figured out that since the tooth fairy was a fairy and tink was a fairy that tink would obviously be bringing her a present along with the Tooth fairys $$. I think I ended up spending almost $60 to creat (secretly) a tinkerbell charm bracelet and bought a test track pin for Tink to leave for her. It turned out very memorable and special for her but that kit sounds cool. Where is it? I have never seen it.

java
01-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Now the tinkerbell one was about 2 years ago. I don't know if each hotel may have different ones. Now that I think about it room service delivered it to us? It was more than just the pillow too.

iluvepcot
01-25-2005, 08:03 PM
We were in Magic Kingdom having breakfast at Cindys when my 6yo dd told the fairy godmother her tooth was loose. The fairy godmother tells her that tinkerbell is best friends with the tooth fairy and that tinkerbell always comes with her in DW when she visits a tooth.

Well her tooth fell out the next day while we were there. My DH went to gift shop and purchased a tinkerbell doll to go with the disney dollars. I think this pillow etc. would have been cheaper. It was a magical experiece for my dd. Tinkerbell also left her a note that she still has.

GRAYWIFE
01-25-2005, 08:12 PM
I am soooo glad I saw this thread. The timing is so perfect! My DD6 came to me after school today and said to start packing soft stuff in her lunch because she has a loose tooth. I wondered what special thing I could do if it comes out in Disney. You answered that question for me!!! :teeth:

Thanks for the tip!!! :cheer2:

NJDisneymom
01-25-2005, 09:09 PM
I've heard about the one with the 3 fairies on it and while my dd probably won't lose a tooth for a while (she just turned 5) I plan on buying one to use at home in the future.

I hope to find the tinkerbell one instead, she sleeps with her Tink doll every night!!!

skiwee1
01-25-2005, 09:20 PM
I just called Disney Merchandise and they said that the pillow had the three fairies on it from Sleeping Beauty and not Tinkerbell. Has anyone seen the Tinkerbell one recently. I would rather have that one. The one with the fairies on it is listed on Ebay if anyone wants to see it. The cost at Disney is $12.95 with $8.95 shipping.

I saw the Tinkerbell version in Tinkerbells Treasures in October. I wa going to go back and get it and forgot!