PDA

View Full Version : Family of 5: Crazy to change resorts during trip?

mommyrom
01-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Booked at Pop for all 10 days of trip, but considering trying out a moderate or deluxe towards end of trip this time around...Any advice on if this is difficult/time-consuming to do? Kiddos are 16 months, 3 and 7...Does Disney help with transferring luggage? Worthwhile to try? Any sugggestions would be much appreciated! :flower1:

zipDdoodah
01-25-2005, 12:45 AM
We are a family of 5 too with ME, DH, DS (7), DS (4), and DD (2). I think it would be hectic to change because it seems like there is sooooo much stuff by the end of the trip with souvenirs and all, but I think you would enjoy the upgrade of the resort toward the end of the stay, so it's a tough choice. I can't really say which one to go with for sure. For me, I think it would be worth it for the change in resorts to try something new, but I'm sure others might say "stay put."

TLinden16
01-25-2005, 05:25 AM
Disney makes it very easy to transfer hotels. Bascially, you pack up and leave your luggage with bell services at the first hotel, and then they move it to bell services at the second hotel. When I change resorts, I usually head to the parks until check-in time, and then head over to resort number two.

That being said, please note that you could be without a room for a part of moving day. If your little ones need a nap, that could be a problem.

Karen

Mickey Fliers
01-25-2005, 06:56 AM
We just did this in November and it was incredibly easy. We are also a family of five (me, DH, DS7, DS5 and DS2) and found that changing resorts was pretty neat. It is like experiencing two vacations in one. We split our time between the YC and WL. Like the previous poster said, you just leave your luggage with bell services and they will transfer it to the next resort for you. No problems. We actually chose a non-park day to move resorts (I would assume that if you are going to Disney for 10 days you probably have a non-park day planned). We took the kids to Downtown and my DH took the older boys to the movies and I took the little guy shopping with me. We had a nice lunch, just took it easy and we went to the next resort at check in time. My little guy took a nap and the big boys went to the pool with Dad. Then we had a great dinner right in the resort. Worked out extremely well.

Give it a try.