PDA

View Full Version : Need help from Poly experts!

dmonroe
01-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Ok! Dh said no more WDW till at least May 2006 :guilty: But.......after doing our taxes, he's decided that we can go in October 2005! :Pinkbounc I think we would really enjoy the Poly (of course, I'm always saying we're going to try a new resort/area and we always end up right back over in the Epcot resort area! LOL)

Anyway, I do have a couple of questions about the Poly. Are the rooms set up in a way that we could put a crib for ds in an "out of the way" location? Do some longhouses have larger rooms than others? We're considering GV Conc.

TIA-Dana princess:

DissyLove
01-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi, stayed there (Poly) last year and I have a baby and two older kids, so I feel your pain. We stayed in the Tahiti area, a standard room. They are bigger than most hotel rooms (bigger than moderates and WAY bigger than Value) but it has one big room. Ours had a day bed and two double beds, a seating area with two tables, and a nice tv area. We had a nice balcony also. But the rooms are plenty big.

Let me tell you what we did....the bathroom had a seperate vanity area (and then a seperate door leading to the toilet, shower..)
We put our pack and play crib (which they also have nice ones availabe there, fyi..) in the vanity area, since we could close it off for the baby and still be able to have the older kids watch some tv, etc in the evening while we tried to get the baby to sleep.

We just kept the door open a bit, it is very close to the beds, and at night we opened up the door so we could see and hear the baby all night.

Just an idea and it worked fine for us. My two older kids loved the day bed because they had their own "secret" bed....
I don't know if all the rooms are set up the same, I would just ask but it worked for us!

spiceycat
01-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Tahiti has longer/wider rooms.

I think so - the closet might be a good place to put the crib. although nothing was much out of the way

may be in the area between the second bed and the wall?

DissyLove
01-24-2005, 02:21 PM
oh that is right I forgot that Tahiti had longer rooms. And I am not sure but that wing may be under construction now? But I do think the closet area would work also, or turn the day bed around by the wall and make a seperate "room"....

Deborah_Mary
01-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Your dh sounds a lot like mine... every year dh says we will have to wait another year before we go back, but so far we've gone the last 3 years and we are talking about going again, I can not wait!

Anyway, I've stayed at the Poly, but it's been a LONG time, but we usually stay at the CR and the rooms are plenty big for a Pack N Play. Last year we took our 2 dd's (then 5 1/2 and 6 months) and had more than enough room. Dh and I slept in one bed, older dd slept in the other and then we had the Pack N Play set up by the doorwall/balcony (we were in the tower facing the MK... awesome view!) and we had absolutely no issues with space.

I noticed from your picture you have a little one and an older child, how old? Just curious seeing I have 2 kids 5 years apart. :)

I realize I commented on the room size of the CR and not Poly, but believe their rooms are pretty comparable in size.

Good luck!

Deb*

dmonroe
01-24-2005, 02:37 PM
On our last trip our boys were 5 1/2 and 6 mos. too! I feel like the rooms will be plenty big enough for us. I'm just worried about getting the baby to sleep if he can see everything else going on in the room! LOL Last trip we stayed in a 1 bdr at BWV and set his crib up in the closet! My mom thought we were awful for doing that, but hey he had his own "room"! LOL

I know the villas will always work out best for us, but dang it! I want to stay at the Poly! :rolleyes:

dmonroe
01-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the info. That sounds like a set up that might work for us. I would really love to stay there, but would hate to be tired and miserable because we have a baby that we can't get to sleep. (He pretty much needs to be by himself to go to sleep!) Thanks again-Dana

Deborah_Mary
01-24-2005, 02:50 PM
Wow, how cool! We have lots in common. :-) My 2 actually just celebrated their b-days my oldest turned 6 on 1/12 and my little one turned 1 on 1/13. :-)

I definitely agree the room size will definitely be plenty big. We ended up bringing our own PnP with us, the one that we used with our oldest so it's on the big side in comparison to the "newer" ones that I've seen our friends use. They are now smaller. We didn't have any problems with our dd when she was 6 months getting to sleep and normally everything at home would need to be quiet and whatnot. I think she was just worn out and ready to fall asleep. Older dd would watch the bedtime stories and dh and I would still talk softly. The light was still on too. Not sure how she'll do when we go again when she's 16-18 months though. :-)

Ahh... setting the crib up in the closet is a great idea if it'll fit! See, there was no way ours would fit in there. We tried it a few places in the room before it "landed" by the doorwall. It was nicely out of the way and we could still easily get in and out to the balcony.

We are thinking about possibly staying at the BC/BCV but we aren't sure if we'll be able to part from the MK area since we spend SO much time there. I think older dd would LOVE SAB... so it's tempting!

Deb*

glencoe
01-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Oh yeah, I am not the only one w/ a 2yr old that causes grief at bedtime when we travel. We have such a tough time traveling w/ her. Having that little "room" would be perfect. I would love to go on vacation and actually not have to get the whole family in bed by 8:30-9 pm w/ lights out (no kidding- my older son had a hockey tournament last weekend, we were all in bed by 9pm every night),or send them away until she finally goes to sleep. I was hoping on getting a ground floor room and letting the boys and my dh go away and I can relax on the balcony/patio while she gets herself to sleep. I am so looking foward to the poly!!! :cloud9:

cepmom
01-24-2005, 03:59 PM
I've never been to Poly (yet...we will be there this August!!!! :cool1: ) but I found this link from tikiman's site. It has a diagram of the room layout and also some pretty good pictures. Maybe this will help you get an idea of where you might be able to fit the paack and pplay. HTH.

http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/rooms.html

TheIncredibles
01-24-2005, 06:54 PM
I might be wrong, but I THINK a GV Conc. would be the Hawaii Bldg. Tkiman's site should help. We have 3, though not infants; 8, 10, 12 pose their own problems, and we easily work around space issues.

dmonroe
01-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Deb: Too Funny! We have a hard time tearing ourselves away from the Epcot resort area. We've gotten spoiled by being able to walk to 2 parks. The BCV and the BWV both have great pools IMO. Last trip we rented DVC points and got a 1 bdr at BWV. The space worked out great for us. Big ds slept on the sofa bed in the den, little ds slept in the crib in the closet and dh and I had the bedroom. Everyone in our family seems to need their own space to go to sleep! We might end up renting points again, but I would really love to try a monorail resort.

PolyHereWeCome
01-24-2005, 07:25 PM
I might be wrong, but I THINK a GV Conc. would be the Hawaii Bldg. Tkiman's site should help. We have 3, though not infants; 8, 10, 12 pose their own problems, and we easily work around space issues.

Yes, if you chose a GV concierge room, you will be in the Hawaii longhouse. We'll be there Easter/Spring Break time. There's 2 queen beds and a daybed, same as other longhouses (there are a few suites, too, but they are more $$ and I think you should have enough room iin a non-suite room).

I like the closet or bathroom idea.:flower1: