PDA

View Full Version : One Night Review - AKL

TonyS20
01-24-2005, 01:09 PM
We arrived at the AKL around noon and were hoping that our room would be ready. I presented my confirmation letter and license to the CM and requested that we be given a room that was already ready if at all possible. I also told the CM that my confirmation letter was incorrect and that there were 2 adults in the room. I explained that I called to have it fixed, but did not request a new letter. It was still in the system as 1 adult. He told me to wait while he went to talk to someone about it and to see which rooms housekeeping were finished with. He snippily pointed out that it was just after check-out time and that housekeeping was just starting to clean rooms. I smiled sweetly and asked for him to check for an available room, but if there were none available that I would wait. He walked away for several minutes and then returned and said they could accommodate my request for 2 adults and that there was an available room.

He took my momís name and produced keys for both of us. We were in room 2424. Iím not sure of the area for that room but it was to the right of the lobby. The room was very nice - 2 queen beds, a small fridge, nice sink area with lots of space and a table and 2 chairs. Our patio overlooked the roof near the kids club and Mara. You could barely see the wading pool and could hear the people from the pool area. Not exactly the best view, but it was available! We were only here for the night, so I wasnít too picky. The room did seem kind of dark, but I liked it.

We ate at Mara and Bomaís (breakfast) and used the hot tub. Otherwise, we lounged in our room and then packed up the next morning. My DH and I are planning on staying here during our next trip. Iím really looking forward to it as I thought the hotel was beautiful! If anyone has any questions, I will try to help out!

lagunaseca
01-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Glad to hear you liked AKL. We always spend a lot more $$ when we eat at Mara compared to other resorts food courts. I guess it's because they offer some "different" (and more expensive) offerings than other food courts. It's good though. We just cringed one day when our food court lunch was only a few dollars shy of our nice nighttime sitdown dinner at Epcot. That's what dh and I get for getting a bottle of beer at Mara! It was so hot that it was worth it at the time though. ;-)

kimmar067
01-24-2005, 01:41 PM
....TonyS20, just WHY did you stay at AKL?? (hope this question doesn't seem too offensive :guilty: !)

TonyS20
01-24-2005, 01:45 PM
....TonyS20, just WHY did you stay at AKL?? (hope this question doesn't seem too offensive :guilty: !)

We spent the rest of our time at BWV. There were no villas available for Sunday the 16th, so I had to find another place to stay. Since I was able to get a standard view at BWV (saved some $$), we splurged and spent the night at AKL.

I hope that makes sense.

The Mara was expensive - $30 for a pizza, chicken fingers, 1 soda and zebra domes. Oh well! We were hungry and it was good!

kimmar067
01-24-2005, 02:01 PM
....makes more sense! You hadn't mentioned anything about visiting any of the parks or continuing with your vaca at another resort, and , obviously, you weren't at a business meeting, since you spent most of your time "lounging in your room". Did you swim at the pool?

TonyS20
01-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Only the hot tub. We walked around the pool after check-in and found it to be very lovely. After spending the afternoon at DTD, we decided a quick soak in the hot tub was in order. It was very chilly - upper 40's - so after we dried off from the hot tub we decided to make a run for our room!! :blush:

We did leave our luggage with Bell Services Monday morning and went to AK. After the parade, we went to BWV and checked in. Our luggage was brought up right behind us. Moving within Disney property is SO easy!

kimmar067
01-25-2005, 08:21 AM
We will be staying at AKL and then moving on to Ft W cabins. Since we will technically be there for only 5 days (arriving LATE Sun nite and leaving EARLY Sat AM), I want to waste as little time as possible moving and reorganizing!

ufgator
01-25-2005, 10:46 AM
thanks for the review. we'll be there in march for the first time!