PDA

View Full Version : MP: WDW Resorts told to stop accepting faxed requests.

Geoff_M
01-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Per MousePlanet, it looks like the end of faxed requests is nigh...
…We have been informed that the Disney resorts have been told to no longer accept any room requests that are phoned or faxed in directly to the resort. To have a request met, it should be noted on your room reservation. If you made your reservation through the Disney Reservations Center, call them to have your request noted. If your reservation was made through a travel agent, the request should go through your agent.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/wdw/wdw050124.htm

SeaSpray
01-24-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm surprised that it took them THIS long to end that practice. I can't imagine how annoying and much extra work it had to have been for the CMs at the resorts to have so many faxes coming in all the time. :rolleyes:

Sammie
01-24-2005, 11:51 AM
I agree I am surprised it took this long either.

Philly81
01-24-2005, 12:07 PM
From what I've heard they've been ignoring the faxes for a while and they were just thrown in the trash. It was a waste of time so I'm glad that they've officially announced it because I've read lots of posts (well meant of course) advising people to fax and I hated for them to think they were going to get all their requests since they had faxed. Better to be prepared that you may not get them and a pleasant surprise if you do.

Misti
01-24-2005, 12:08 PM
WDWIG's Info on Faxing Room Preferences (http://allearsnet.com/acc/cro1.htm)

Misti
01-24-2005, 12:15 PM
From what I've heard they've been ignoring the faxes for a while and they were just thrown in the trash.

That is what I've heard for a while now, too. The resorts were literally becoming inundated with faxes all day long. It seems nowadays almost everyone has some sort of special room request. Room assigners must be pulling their hair out!

ducklite
01-24-2005, 01:10 PM
If you are staying concierge level, the pre-planning office will still accept your room preference requests.

Anne

CarolA
01-24-2005, 02:45 PM
DVC dumped them quite a while ago. I think it has just gotten out of hand.....
I mean we have all seen the request with 15 things down to a specfic room number.

safetymom
01-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Hurrah!!!! It's about time. I think the faxing got out of control. I am sure there will be folks here that don't believe it!!!

mbcary
01-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Think of all of the trees we will be saving!! I never tried to fax a room request because I was so skeptical that they were actually being considered. If I were working there I would get tired of the constant requests. Plus I would think when you are on the phone with someone you might actually be able to convince them better of what you want rather than a piece of paper.

candykisses
01-24-2005, 09:55 PM
I'm not surprised about this at all. I can't imagine the volume of requests that are made everyday.

What I can imagine is some of the attitudes the CM have to put up with when a request wasn't met. I'm sure more than once "the magic was ruined because little Tommy didn't get a room in the Toy Story bldg". Yadda, yadda, yadda!

Sammie
01-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Hurrah!!!! It's about time. I think the faxing got out of control. I am sure there will be folks here that don't believe it!!!

Now why would you think that, when you have probably posted this info about a hundred times, only to be ignored. :rotfl:

treehugger
01-24-2005, 10:25 PM
I never do room requests via fax or having CRO note them. I always wait until check-in. I don't however understand how this new policy will change anything though. I mean they'll still be getting the same number and type of requests, just in a different form. I am happy however with the amount of trees that will be saved! :love: Sorry to say but it looks like it will be the early bird that gets the worm.

dpic
01-25-2005, 12:15 AM
This is a good idea. I mean if you can't give your room request in 20 words or less, I think you've become high maintanence.

Our standard WL request. "Non-smoking, bunkbeds, good view of main pool, highest floor possible."

Philly81
01-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Some folks still don't seem to believe that they no longer want you to fax your requests. :confused3 You can make requests when you make your reservations and ask again at check in. I have faxed in the past but I see how it got out of hand and don't blame them for making the change in policy.

DisDarling
01-26-2005, 02:46 PM
I understand why they would, it must have been a pain to handle them.
I suggest to people to just let them know what you need or request when you reserve OR when you check in. I think its easier doing it in person anyways. ;)
D.D.