PDA

View Full Version : Cheerleaders at DW

signa
01-24-2005, 09:52 AM
When exactly are the cheerleaders supposed to be staying at Disneyworld? The WWOS states they have competitions in late January and mid-February. I am staying at the All Star Music February 1-9 and don't want to be kept awake every night by some screaming girls. I am just getting a little scared as my vacation will be ruined if I can't get any sleep. Do I need to change resorts or am I just being paranoid???

G00fyDad
01-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Just call the CRO and ask them to place a note in your reservation that puts you far from the cheerleaders. The cheerleaders will more than likely be placed in one area, building there. You can request to be put somewhere else. If nothing else just step out of your room and yell for them to shutup and go find a bucket to stick their heads in because it is time to purge!

nygrl
01-24-2005, 10:03 AM
When exactly are the cheerleaders supposed to be staying at Disneyworld? The WWOS states they have competitions in late January and mid-February. I am staying at the All Star Music February 1-9 and don't want to be kept awake every night by some screaming girls. I am just getting a little scared as my vacation will be ruined if I can't get any sleep. Do I need to change resorts or am I just being paranoid???

not to burst your bubble anymore but there are not just cheerleaders that stay at the all stars we are going in oct for a baseball tournament and i know they have other sporting events throughout the year. on the good side i wopuld think that most if not all sports people would stay at the all star sports i know that is where we will be staying. we do have a choice of por though so i dont think you are safe from possible teams anywhere except maybe the deluxes! :wave:

pumba
01-24-2005, 10:08 AM
we have stayed at All Star Movies four times and Have stayed at Port Orleans both sides with many dance teams and cheerleaders and school groups.........we are fortunate enough not to had been bothered.......Most of the time the groups are well behaved and the chaperones on their toes. Saw them in December helping a lady with a carriage and two trays of food at the food court and one of the kids helped her to the table......so they are not all bad eggs.....

G00fyDad
01-24-2005, 10:16 AM
That's okay. We can break the bad eggs. (<--Pun intended :) )

nygrl
01-24-2005, 10:24 AM
Are you saying that these other "teams" KNOW they are as annoying and as unruly as the cheerleaders, or are you saying that the other "teams" realize how annoying the cheerleaders are, and therefore don't act like they do?

this will be our first tournament so i am not saying anything! I would just imagine any large group of kids anywhere would be loud and annoying . my own house with my 2 kids is loud and annoying sometimes LOL. Im sure it is out of excitment and i would expect the parents chaperoning to keep them in check. believe me i am not going to let my kids run and scream all night but unfortunatly some parents just dont get it!! :wave:

G&J's Mom
01-24-2005, 10:27 AM
It is my understanding they will be there 2/11 - 2/15 staying at the All Stars and CBR. Saw this link on another post.

http://www.varsity.com/index.asp?article=1765

We will be there that weekend staying at CSR. I actually tried to book at AsMO first and was not deterred by the cheerleaders. My kids love AsMo and I figured they were louder and more annoying than any cheerleaders I could run up against. ;) Kidding. Would have gladly stayed there, but alas no room at the inn and we got an AP rate at CSR.

Denise

lagunaseca
01-24-2005, 10:29 AM
Are you saying that these other "teams" KNOW they are as annoying and as unruly as the cheerleaders, or are you saying that the other "teams" realize how annoying the cheerleaders are, and therefore don't act like they do?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jokan
01-24-2005, 10:39 AM
There is a dance team competition Feb 3-8

http://www.varsity.com/index.asp?article=1717

Staying at All-stars and CBR

mrf777
01-24-2005, 10:55 AM
I just hope they are quiet at night, I need my sleep!.

G00fyDad
01-24-2005, 11:16 AM
That, or my foot to their butt. :)

signa
01-24-2005, 11:23 AM
We probably will only be at the hotel in the evenings. I'm sure things will be fine. Only 7 more days until we go, but who's counting.

nygrl
01-24-2005, 11:35 AM
We probably will only be at the hotel in the evenings. I'm sure things will be fine. Only 7 more days until we go, but who's counting.

Im sure you will be fine too. I dont know why so many people get so crazy about this subject. It is disney world not the ritz.There are supposed to be kids going crazy because they are so excited to be there.and not for nothing but if you are looking for a less rowdy place any of the all stars are not it. Im
sure you will have a great time you will be in disney how could you not! :cool1:

Philly81
01-24-2005, 12:01 PM

I wouldn't let it worry you. Have a great trip!

G00fyDad
01-24-2005, 12:03 PM
:) It may not be the ritz but I have been places with my DD Girl Scout troop and had to call management because cheerleaders, sports players, dance teams, etc... were running the halls and yelling, doing cheers and stuff. HOWEVER, you should be fine. If not, then introduce Mr. and Mrs. Badmood to them. :)

nygrl
01-24-2005, 12:22 PM
well as i posted before i would NOT ever let my kids or any in my care run arounf screaming at midnight anywhere! I do agree with you that it is the parents fault i just cant believe it could be that bad. i guess i will see for myself in oct. I would be the first one to say something if it was that late and the kids got too out of control. I would say it to someone elses kids in hopes that the parents just might get it! My point was though that it is disney world and kids do tend to get a little more hyper especially if they are with all there friends. wont be happening at midnight though!!!! :wave:

Rafikifan
01-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Jovidan, you have made your feelings known NUMEROUS times with NUMEROUS posts on this subject based on YOUR experience. It results in the thread being closed every time. There are 3 groups that post on this subject. Those who truly have questions as to when to avoid these groups due largely to what they have read from the second group - some who have legitimate gripes about their experiences and then some that just are into cheerleader/athlete bashing for some reason, and then the third group who think that there ARE a lot of good groups and chaperones out there and it is insulting to be labeled into the unruly groups. Enough already. I would worry more about booking my trip through and getting the runaround from my ebay travel agent who can't come up with a confirmation or paid in full receipt than scaring all the DIS folks about their upcoming trips. :grouphug:

nygrl
01-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Jovidan, you have made your feelings known NUMEROUS times with NUMEROUS posts on this subject based on YOUR experience. It results in the thread being closed every time. There are 3 groups that post on this subject. Those who truly have questions as to when to avoid these groups due largely to what they have read from the second group - some who have legitimate gripes about their experiences and then some that just are into cheerleader/athlete bashing for some reason, and then the thrid group who think that there ARE a lot of good groups and chaperones out there and it is insulting to be labeled into the unruly groups. Enough already. I would worry more about booking my trip though and getting the runaround from my ebay travel agent who can't come up with a confirmation or paid in full receipt than scaring all the DIS folks about their upcoming trips. :grouphug:

ya hoo well said!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc

ducklite
01-24-2005, 01:04 PM
My experience with cheerleaders/dance teams/whatever you want to call a gaggle of overstimulated teenage girls at WDW is as follows.

Twice we stayed at the All Stars, once first week Feb, once last week Jan. Both times the place was over run with them.

From 6:00am until after midnight they'd be outside our door praticing. Calling the desk did nothing.

Those who weren't practicing we taking up tables "hanging around" the food court, or rough housing in the pools.

Try getting on a bus, they'd cut in front of you with a real entitlement mentality.

They'd cheer on the busses, in the parks. There was no escaping them.

We couldn't nap in the afternoon, they were practising outside our door.

It was brutal.

We decided never again.

A non-WDW encounter with a school group:

Two years ago we spent the night in a Hilton in central PA. There was a high school band group staying there. The "chaperones" were stationed at the end of the hallway, but they did nothing until after midnight to stop the constant SLAM, SLAM, Slam and kids running up and down the hallways. At 4:00am the boys in the room next to us were STILL laughing and carrying on. The chaperones were at the other end of the hall, and did NOTHING to stop it. They later claimed they didn't hear them as they were 20 doors down--possible, but they should have stationed themselves in a different manner.

I finally had to involve the front desk and threaten to call the police before anything was done.

The point is that even with "alert" chaperones, it's still unfair to other guests to have to deal with a large group of teens. Regardless of how polite they are, by their very nature they are LOUD. As I said in the other thread, Disney should set aside a resort just to house student groups. This would cause the least amount of disruption to other guests who have saved and worked to take their families to WDW.

Anne

lagunaseca
01-24-2005, 02:53 PM
My experience with cheerleaders/dance teams/whatever you want to call a gaggle of overstimulated teenage girls at WDW is as follows.

Twice we stayed at the All Stars, once first week Feb, once last week Jan. Both times the place was over run with them.

From 6:00am until after midnight they'd be outside our door praticing. Calling the desk did nothing.

Those who weren't practicing we taking up tables "hanging around" the food court, or rough housing in the pools.

Try getting on a bus, they'd cut in front of you with a real entitlement mentality.

They'd cheer on the busses, in the parks. There was no escaping them.

We couldn't nap in the afternoon, they were practising outside our door.

It was brutal.

We decided never again........

The point is that even with "alert" chaperones, it's still unfair to other guests to have to deal with a large group of teens. Regardless of how polite they are, by their very nature they are LOUD. As I said in the other thread, Disney should set aside a resort just to house student groups. This would cause the least amount of disruption to other guests who have saved and worked to take their families to WDW.

Anne

Something I have thought but haven't ever voiced here is that the sad thing is is that the cheering these girls do spontaneously in groups and the practicing is ENCOURAGED by the cheerleading association. At least in our experiences...they have a spirit stick award and we've been in parks where they said they would be "secretly watching" to see which squads had the most "spirit". I DO agree with you...it gets on my nerves too...but write to the leaders of these groups and don't blame the kids for what they are told to do or the chaperones who for the most part are well meaning. Anne, I do hate that you had those experiences but your post did make me chuckle. You mention the groups having an "entitlement mentality". What do you call the opinion of delegating the teen groups to a "resort just to house student groups." ?? So if we are traveling to WDW with our family of 5 and other families from the group during a competition, spending $4,000+ per family and want to have our choice of resorts we should be told we can only stay in a certain resort(s)? Sounds like the groups aren't the ones with the entitlement mentality. Disney already "encourages" groups to stay at certain resorts but their dollars are just as green and they are just as entitled to stay where they want. Families associated with these groups work and save as long and hard as any other family wanting to go to WDW. I don't mean to be argumentative but it is a point often overlooked when this subject gets brought up.

PrincessCandaceMarie
01-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Like, I think there's like, a link someplace else on this board. It's like, totally narly.

Check it out - I'll be at Pop like, the same week, and I'm like, OH MY GOD, SO EXCITED!!!

If they keep me awake at night, I'm just gonna like call the front desk and be like, "Yeah, like these girls downstairs are like, being totally uncool, and like, making way too much noise. Like, could you tell them to like, quiet down or something. I mean like, really."

:cheer2: :badpc:
:cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc LOL

rach98n
01-24-2005, 03:16 PM
It looks like, from the web site about the competition, that they are having some sort of party at MGM on Sunday night (the 6th). Would this be after park closing? Or will it be going on when others are there. We may want to avoid MGM that night if it's going to be packed. TIA!

The4OfUs
01-24-2005, 03:54 PM
It looks like, from the web site about the competition, that they are having some sort of party at MGM on Sunday night (the 6th). Would this be after park closing? Or will it be going on when others are there. We may want to avoid MGM that night if it's going to be packed. TIA!

Yes, it closes a bit earlier, and then it's Pop Warner only, a special event for the kids and families.

Hope to be there next year...we came so close this year! :cheer2:

ducklite
01-24-2005, 03:58 PM
You mention the groups having an "entitlement mentality". What do you call the opinion of delegating the teen groups to a "resort just to house student groups." ?? So if we are traveling to WDW with our family of 5 and other families from the group during a competition, spending $4,000+ per family and want to have our choice of resorts we should be told we can only stay in a certain resort(s)?

And if the family of a cheerleader chose to travel and stay at another resort, fine. The difference being that practicing would not be allowed outside of the resort that is "designated" for the teams/groups. Also there would be no special group rate at those resorts, no special transportation, etc. If you chose to stay away from the group, that's your perrogative, but you'd be on your own to catch up with them for activities, etc. No one at the resort you were staying at would know you were part of the group staying at the designated group resort. you'd simply be another family. See the difference?

Anne

Taja
01-24-2005, 04:10 PM
Was at Pop Century in December, 2004, when the cheerleaders and Pop Warner athletes arrived. I requested a room away from the groups, which was provided with a smile from the CM (50s, facing Hourglass Lake). Obviously, not an issue.

There was significantly more activity and a bit more noise, but the that would be expected as a resort increases its occupancy. Overall, the students were pretty well behaved and the CMs reigned them in when the chaperones didn't.

Other than one go-round with chaperones in EPCOT (several girls weren't paying attention and ran into me while I was taking a photograph and the parents were mad at me for being in the way! Excuse me!), we coexisted quite peacefully. Their money certainly is as good as mine! :)

disgrajak
01-24-2005, 05:13 PM
95% of the people going to Disney are looking for what Walt intended: wholesome, family enjoyment with a little magic thrown in. I highly doubt he envisioned large groups of cheerleaders keeping families with small children up at night ,etc., etc. I agree with Anne completely. I think it would be a great idea to have designated hotels where the cheering/rowdier type behavior is allowed. I also feel that they should not be allowed to cheer in the parks. How can anyone think that isn't rude? I am not anti cheer/poms. I was one. :cheer2: :cheer2: Go Huskies!!

nygrl
01-24-2005, 06:12 PM
95% of the people going to Disney are looking for what Walt intended: wholesome, family enjoyment with a little magic thrown in. I highly doubt he envisioned large groups of cheerleaders keeping families with small children up at night ,etc., etc. I agree with Anne completely. I think it would be a great idea to have designated hotels where the cheering/rowdier type behavior is allowed. I also feel that they should not be allowed to cheer in the parks. How can anyone think that isn't rude? I am not anti cheer/poms. I was one. :cheer2: :cheer2: Go Huskies!!

they do have designated hotels and 99% of the time it is at the all stars so if you dont want to encounter these groups than my advice would be DONT stay at the all stars . problem solved! :D

ducklite
01-24-2005, 07:17 PM
they do have designated hotels and 99% of the time it is at the all stars so if you dont want to encounter these groups than my advice would be DONT stay at the all stars . problem solved! :D

This is not the case. They've also been at Pop and CBR.

Disney needs to do two things. First, set some guidelines for when and where practice can be held, and make a formal written behaviour code which must be signed off on by the sposnoring schools administration (which includes no cheering in parks or on buses--I don't care what some national pep squad board says, it's disruptive to other guests and shouldn't be allowed). Perhaps offer space at WWoS for practice. But allowing it in courtyards and parking lots all day and well into the night when it's very disruptive to other guests is pitiful and bad show.

Next, they also need to warn people making reservations that large school groups will be staying at that resort during their visit, and allow the guest to make a choice as to what they'd like to do.

Anne

G00fyDad
01-24-2005, 07:41 PM
I equate this behavior to the same thing as these young idiots blasting their car radios at peak volume because they believe for some stupid reason that I am enjoying their choice of music. I wish I had some way to electronically destroy their speakers. It is extra special at 1 or 2 am going down the street in front of my house. Everything in the house shakes!
I dont want to hear a bunch of bubbly teens screaming at the top of their lungs after a long day in the park. *ranting over* :earseek:

disgrajak
01-24-2005, 07:48 PM
NY GIRL,
I was referring to having a designated hotel for these groups only, not a hotel that is also hosting regular families. If you are a Disney novice and you don't use the internet, there is a good chance that you could end up making a ressie during pop warner (and others) and not realize it. It's unfair to the person who doesn't have 24 hours a day to devote to the DIS boards like the rest of us do-God help us all! :earboy2: I would be disapointed if I could only afford one trip to Disney with my kids and I had to deal with some of the problems encountered by other posters. Again, Disney World was not created with the idea of hosting cheerleading championships. MOst ordinary people would never think that this was going on there. And again, :cheer2:
GO Huskies :cheer2:

Dopey's twin Dippy
01-24-2005, 08:09 PM
we booked a trip to asmusic before i learned about these sites. Well we booked the FIRST WEEK IN JUNE.........besides the heat and the crowds..............it was PACKED and also our notice at the hotel said "DUE TO CROWDS PLEASE AVOID MK SAT. " We personally had to go that week, but Disney SHOULD let everyone know ahead of time when the crowds will be that busy due to what ever group will be there. We still had fun, but we realized after that we would of changed our week. Now , after that we have been going either the middle or near the end of Aug. it is still hot, packed but my husband thought it was nothing like that week in June. this summer when we checked in around 8/26 we noticed all the BOYS in FOOTBALL jerseys. well we were told that at NIGHT they TAKE OVER THE POOL.........well guess what , except for the 2 - 3 early nights they had a special dinner , THEY TOOK OVER THE POOL>>>>>......lol. we couldnt believer how many kids. I have to say most of them were polite at like the food court, etc. ( of course my 15 yr.old dd and 2 friends thought they were cute.....ha ha ) but it really was a nightmare at the pool . the food court and drink area was really messy. I was surprised cause of all the trips, its usually clean. it wasnt really that bad, but it did make a diff. in the hotel. now the buses were always packed anyway , due to summer. BUT.........then the GIRLS would start YELLING out their CHEERS.........give me a break, we all went crazy , it really gets annoying. i would say though out of all the kids we saw, there were 2 - 4 of the women (chap. or moms) that were always LOUDER than the kids.............but all in all we had fun.But like i said , we go every year, and the crowd really makes a diff........

nwdisgal
01-24-2005, 08:42 PM
I think having the schools/and or association agree to a behavior code in writing is a good idea and Disney should take a deposit up front. The deposit is potentially retained as a fine if the group doesn't follow the guidelines and comply with the rules. Several years ago we had a sorority/fraternity dance at one of the major hotels in Seattle. Our overall group got out of hand with noise, delinquent behavior, etc. and caused major disruption to the hotel patrons. Well, the following Monday we were called into the sorority chapter room and handed a big flat blow. We had lost all our deposit money. The hotel didn't refund our deposit due to our behavior. The fraternity was fined also. Needless to say, we had a lot at stake. We had worked hard for that money, and when we lost it.... let's just say peer pressure took over and there was much better behavior at the next function.

Also, I am surprised the kids are allowed to 'cheer' on the bus. I was a chaperone on a school sponsored ski bus and the kids weren't allowed to even raise their voices above normal levels, or play music out loud. The ski association enforced this rule, because they felt kids yelling and making commotion was a distraction and potentially serious safety issue for the bus driver.

nygrl
01-24-2005, 08:54 PM
NY GIRL,
I was referring to having a designated hotel for these groups only, not a hotel that is also hosting regular families. If you are a Disney novice and you don't use the internet, there is a good chance that you could end up making a ressie during pop warner (and others) and not realize it. It's unfair to the person who doesn't have 24 hours a day to devote to the DIS boards like the rest of us do-God help us all! :earboy2: I would be disapointed if I could only afford one trip to Disney with my kids and I had to deal with some of the problems encountered by other posters. Again, Disney World was not created with the idea of hosting cheerleading championships. MOst ordinary people would never think that this was going on there. And again, :cheer2:
GO Huskies :cheer2:

point taken..... i just thinkl it is up to disney to do something about this..maybe some people should write to them and voice their opinions on this...you are right if i got to a hotel and had no idea i would be less than thrilled but that said i would deal and if it got to be a problem i would complain to managment. i just know that we are really excited about our baseball trip in oct we will probably all opt to stay at por since our team are made up of people that will not have their kids running the halls and i feel more of that will be going on at all stars.. i just dont want to be lumped in a group we are all responsable parents . i under stand there are some inconsiderate people out there but this is where disney has chosen for them to stay for these things and i think it is up to them to change it if enough peoplr complain. :wave:

tinkerbelltamara
01-24-2005, 10:30 PM
My family and I visited CBR in 1998 during one of the cheerleading competitions and other than being in line with a bunch of young girls with sponge rollers shooting out of the tops of their heads, it wasn't all that bad. We did see ALOT of them practicing their "moves" :cheer2: but we thought it was funny and some of the t-shirts that the mothers and chaperones wore were hilarious!

We didn't encounter any of them at the CBR and this year we'll be at the Poly so I guess we won't see them again. :teeth:

We will be upset if they close down MGM studios early on Sunday, Feb 6th for them. That's an Extra Magic Evening for MGM and we were looking forward to it. We hope that that's not true.

disgrajak
01-24-2005, 11:47 PM
NY GRL,
I agree with your last post completely. I really am confused as to why Disney doesn't have a more specific policy about this. Or maybe they do and it isn't enforced. I have a feeling it has something to do with money :teacher: . I just feel badly for the people who aren't given the choice to avoid the situation if that is what they want to do. I also really think they should have specific guidelines about where and when to practice, chaperone to child ratio, and maybe staff those hotels with extra security for those teens who decide to party instead of practice :crazy: I went to the Peach Bowl my senior year with my Pom squad and the marching band, and those kids went looney! And believe me, the marching band was not usually a looney group :teeth: I hope you have a great time in Oct. with your group :love:

OzFan
01-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Just wanted to add a little something, my daughter's High School Performance Band :rockband: and Show Choir will be there during that week also. They will be staying offsite. Our kids have all been informed by the school of what is expected from them while they are there. They are to conduct themselves in the upmost manner. They have been told what kind of clothing they should wear, and checking in with chaperones on a regular basis is a MUST! Any kind of inappropiate behavior will result in them being sent home (at the parents expense) immediately. Many of the parents who are not chaperoning are going down just to be there for their kids. I will be one of those lucky parents. With numerous of parent meetings and a few guidlines I am hoping for a very nice trip! We have a good group of kids! So, with that said I would like to invite everyone to see our kids march in the afternoon parade at MK on Sat. Feb. 12th. Hope to see some of you there!

PS. Tylenol PM works wonders!

lagunaseca
01-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Ozfan, your group sounds like a responsible one and the guidelines you are setting up are much like the ones we do when we have traveled with our kid's groups, even GASP dance and cheerleading groups (although if you listen to a couple of posters here that could NOT be possible). Have a wonderful trip!!!!! :sunny:

monosgrande
03-20-2005, 11:58 AM
We are just back from a fabulous trip to Disney over Spring Break. My only complaint is we tried to save some money by booking in the All-Star Music, instead of one of the moderates. Boy were we happy to see cheerleaders morning, noon, and night for 6 straight days. Those freaking girls (and the occasional boy) never shut-up. Never. If you're booking a trip, try to find out if large groups will be there at the same time.

mikesmom
03-20-2005, 02:20 PM
This probably doesn't add much to the discusiion, but we used to go almost every year with DS. From about age 15 thru 19, he desperately wanted to go to WDW while the cheerleaders were there. One year we took a quick mini trip and were leaving on the day many of them were arriving. I swear he moaned every time he saw another group arriving in MK as we were leaving after lunch to go catch our plane! :rotfl2:

keishashadow
03-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Having survived what seemed to be hundreds of cheerleaders, twirlers, and the Daytona 500 & President's Day Crowd in February this year while staying @ AS Movies; I say NEVER AGAIN!

Not only did we not get in the building we requested (for the second time), the groups were not put in one building. The girls were everywhere, mostly well-behaved, but we didn't see much in the way of adult supervision.

The pools and food courts were packed with noisy, squealing girls at all hours; everything took much longer to accomplish. The zoo-like atmosphere may be appealing to some, but if you yearn for a more sedate vacation, I strongly urge you to avoid this time period of the year or spend more on a moderate resort.

Sammie
03-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Discussing the situation here will only raise the blood pressue of some and hurt the feelings of others.

Only Disney can change the situation, if you have had bad experiences; complain. Regardless of who the group is, and I am very much against stereotype grouping, if they become so roudy at night, and I think after midnight would be acceptable as being quiet time at a resort, then I call security. If management refuses to do anything I think moving to another location is in order. I do think complaining about noise before midnight is excessive at this type of venue.

As long as no one complains to the people who can change the situation, you enable it to continue.

Sammie
03-20-2005, 03:02 PM
I equate this behavior to the same thing as these young idiots blasting their car radios at peak volume because they believe for some stupid reason that I am enjoying their choice of music. I wish I had some way to electronically destroy their speakers. It is extra special at 1 or 2 am going down the street in front of my house. Everything in the house shakes!
I dont want to hear a bunch of bubbly teens screaming at the top of their lungs after a long day in the park. *ranting over* :earseek:

Please let me be the first to purchase the "Speaker Blaster" when you figure out how to do it. I can definitely relate, I acutally had some glasswear damaged due to the noise from outside my house.

Terk-1
03-20-2005, 06:40 PM
If it's at all possible, you may want to see if you can upgrade to a moderate, such as Port Orleans French Quarter or Coronado Springs. I'd avoid CBR, as this seems to be the overflow resort from the values.

jaysmom4285
03-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Signa, the bottom line seems to be that those who have the most issues with the cheerleaders are those who stayed at the same resort as the cheerleaders. Those who stayed elsewhere, as we have, generally state that they barely even know that there are cheerleaders around, since their impact on the parks is minimal at best. If you want to vastly increase your odds of avoiding this potential problem, switch resorts.

MagicKingdom05
03-20-2005, 09:25 PM
I was there in Feb when a big cheerleading competition was going on and they didn't act badly at all. I never saw any cheering at the parks or on the busses or at any of the resturants like other people have mentioned. They did practice in the grass area's by the rooms at CBR, but nothing really early and nothing that was causing any other issues. A large group was at Chef Mickey's when I was eating there and they were eating just like everyone else.

They were just there for the competition and to enjoy WDW just like the rest of us.

I would say don't worry about it.

John Dobbertin
03-20-2005, 09:34 PM
The "cheerleader/dancer/pop warner footballers, etc. subject has been beaten to shreds in many earlier threads. Fact is WDW must not care what these groups do to the hotels, parks, or the others at WDW. If WDW did care they would have stepped in years ago and shaped up these groups or shipped them out. Must be lucrative for WDW. We have been at WDW many times with these "groups." They are unsupervised, nasty, in-your-face for the most part. They are bunked up many-to-a-room, so there will be thousands of them at AS & PC. By all means, before you book at AS & PC find out when these "groups" will be there & IOP avoid those dates.

rigs32
03-21-2005, 01:13 PM
In 95 (17) and 2003 (25) I was at WDW with dance groups that were performing at MK. The first time we stayed at ASMu and the second, POR. The difference was quite large. In fact, the only noise problem I had at POR was from some of the people in our group who were using the secondary lock bar to prevent the door from latching so they could go in and out. Once I told them to knock it off, they did.

At 17, I enjoyed the crazy noise of ASMu. In fact, we might have caused some, but even then we knew enough to not yell and scream at night. Heck, we were excited to be there without our parents and up late.

At 25 and married, I was glad to be at POR. In fact, if the group had been at the all stars, we still would have gone moderate and met up with them for events. The other part of the moderates is that the building are set back from the pools, so even though some of the teens in the group would spend the late evening at the big pool, it was almost impossible to hear from any room if they were loud.