PDA

View Full Version : How many beds total in a VWL 2 bedroom?

Dis2times
01-24-2005, 09:34 AM
We'll have 8 aged 4 and up, and 1 18 month old, but I know one of our group would probably prefer to stay on the sleeper sofa in the living room if there is one. Does anyone know?

TIA

CarolA
01-24-2005, 09:40 AM
There is one king bed in the master bedroom, two double (or queen?) beds in the second bedroom a sleepere sofa in the living room and a pack and play thing in the closet.

jel0511
01-24-2005, 09:42 AM
That's only correct for a dedicated 2 bedroom at VWL. If you get a non-dedicated 2 bedroom you'll get a king bed in the master, a double pull-out in the living room, a queen bed and queen pull-out in the second bedroom. So, for a non-dedicated, you'll get 2 real beds and 2 pull-outs. In a dedicated you'll get 3 real beds and one pull-out. Dedicateds can only be confirmed for DVC members, not those paying cash.

CDSTapisRouge
01-24-2005, 10:20 AM
. Dedicateds can only be confirmed for DVC members, not those paying cash.

I think you wrote that backwards :) Non-Dedicates (the Lock-offs were it is a studio and a 1 bedroom with a connecting door to make a 2 bedroom...just in case OP does not know the DVC lingo) can only be confirmed for DVC members. Any guest can book a dedicated 2 bedroom...

jel0511
01-24-2005, 10:26 AM
I think you wrote that backwards :) Non-Dedicates (the Lock-offs were it is a studio and a 1 bedroom with a connecting door to make a 2 bedroom...just in case OP does not know the DVC lingo) can only be confirmed for DVC members. Any guest can book a dedicated 2 bedroom...
No, I don't think I mis-spoke, but I'll try to clarify. A dedicated 2 bedroom is one whereas there is only one exit door, and two queen beds in the second bedroom. These can be confirmed for DVC members when making reservations, but not for people booking rooms through CRO or Walt Disney Travel. A non-dedicated 2 bedroom is a one bedroom and studio unit connected together through a connecting door to create the two bedroom. This unit has two exit doors,and has a queen bed and sleeper sofa located in the second bedroom (the studio portion). Neither of these types of 2 bedrooms can be guaranteed through Disney, it's luck of the draw if paying cash, whereas a DVC member can specifically reserve either type of unit and have it guaranteed.

CDSTapisRouge
01-24-2005, 10:29 AM
Not to get into a debate over it but you are incorrect. CRO can book a studio, a one bedroom or a dedicated two bedroom for any guest that calls provided there is avalaiblity, they are not exclusive to DVC members.CRO is not able to book a lock-off as that is an option only avalaible to DVC members.

jel0511
01-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Not to get into a debate over it but you are incorrect. CRO can book a studio, a one bedroom or a dedicated two bedroom for any guest that calls provided there is avalaiblity, they are not exclusive to DVC members.CRO is not able to book a lock-off as that is an option only avalaible to DVC members.
See, I was told the exact opposite by DVC Member Services.... That the 2 bedroom dedicated units were for the exclusive use of DVC members, and if there is any left, THEN they could be used by cash guests, but that they are first assigned to DVC members.

BCV23
01-24-2005, 10:48 AM
You know, I thought VWL had only the queen/sleeper combo in the studios/2nd bedroom. Learn something everyday here.

I know that BCV has the option of 2 queens in the dedicated 2BRs.