PDA

View Full Version : Most economical room type for group of 5 to stay concierge

Bugaroni
01-24-2005, 08:37 AM
My wife, MIL, and two sons are going to Disney to celebrate DS#2 1st Birthday. We will be spending the last 3 days of a 6 night trip at AKL Concierge for the birthday celebration, since DS#1 celebrated his 1st birthday at AKL and it was a “magical” trip. For the first 3 nights we are wondering at which resort we want to stay.

What are my options for a family of five to stay concierge without being in one small room?
Two rooms? A one-bedroom suite?
Are the sleeper sofas in WDW unbearably uncomfortable?
Do most jr suites come with concierge service?

Any additional room choices will be appreciated So far we are considering Wilderness lodge, Wilderness villas, the Poly, Beach Club, or the Beach Club villas. Wilderness lodge is probably on top of our list because we have never stayed there, and I believe my 2year old will really love exploring the lodge and the adjacent Fort Wilderness with his Daddy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

jillhou
01-24-2005, 08:55 AM
I believe you would have to go the suites if you want to stay altogether. Or maybe your MIL doesn't mind sharing a bed with one of your children. I don't believe the villas have concierge services.

To save some money - I would probably just book the 2 rooms in concierge.

pirateofthecarolinas
01-24-2005, 08:57 AM
If you are considering the jr. suite at WL, it doesn't have access to Concierge Services. We found the CL rooms at AKL and Poly large enough for our family of 5.

Lori

nygrl
01-24-2005, 09:06 AM
if you are looking to save money i would stay at the cr 12th floor it is light concierge but the only real difference from full is the food. the rooms at cr are huge you would get 2 queens and a day bed and the 12th floor concierge staff is great. for the price you cant beat it! :cool1:

jjohnson
01-24-2005, 11:02 AM
The deluxe rooms (junior suites) at BC,YC & BW include concierge.

*Belle*
01-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Out of the resorts your family is considering, I would go with the Poly. You will not get concierge in any of the villa's. The Poly will have the largest rooms with full concierge service and the gv rm will give you a lovely view of the quet pool. I would amagine that your 12mo. old will sleep in a crib which will easily fit in the room and the 2yr old will be very comfy in the daybed, you can request a bedrail. DMIL will enjoy having a queen size bed to herself, leaving the other queen bed for DH & DW. The monorail will be a blessing with the strollers. Enjoy your trip. :D

:flower1: :flower1: :flower1:

kjustice
01-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Great topic! I have a similar question and you all seem to know lots about Concierge.

What is the least expensive concierge? I know they vary by codes, etc but just in general. I'm a Florida resident FYI.

Thanks!

*Belle*
01-24-2005, 11:37 AM
:wave2: Hi....
If I am not mistaken, I do believe the WL is the least expensive. You may want to check, but I thought the WL Concierge rms only sleep 4 and a child under 3yrs.

:flower1: :flower1: :flower1:

ducklite
01-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Maybe the Garden Suites at the BW might work for you.

Anne

ElizabethB
01-24-2005, 06:01 PM
As others have mentioned, the villas don't come with concierge service. However, we like the one-bedroom villa so much, we would do that every time rather than a concierge room.

Having said that, if you want concierge, there are concierge deluxe rooms at the Boardwalk Inn that sleep six. You might want to consider those. The Boardwalk is our favorite resort.

Bugaroni
01-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks for all the great replies so far. I'll have to check out the room views available from the deluxe rooms (jr suites) and Boardwalk garden suites and maybe that will help narrow down my choice.

It seems the villas are very popular even without concierge so I'll have to think about that, too. As much as I like the Poly, we stayed there last trip with one fewer child and found we need a separate room for DS as he goes to bed very early.