PDA

View Full Version : staying at AKL--experiences?

Blueeyes101817
01-24-2005, 07:46 AM
hi everyone-in 12 days ( :cool1: ) im going to disney with the family that i babysit for..we are staying at AKL ,which i have never even seen...i know there is a huge thread about akl, ill look through it later, i was just wondering what you guys think about the resort and will i like it? im 20, im assuming i will like it--we have a savanna view...thank you!!

Cass
01-24-2005, 07:47 AM
AKL is my favorite resort ~ I am sure you will love it.

Are you working while you are there? I mean, looking after the kids sometimes so the mom and dad can go out?

Blueeyes101817
01-24-2005, 07:58 AM
thanks for responding so quick :) I will be watching the kids one night, i know that for sure..(well be there for superbowl!) and maybew other times, im not sure, but i dont mind at all...i am very close with the family, and during the days we will all be hanging around the parks together

JetsFan73
01-24-2005, 08:00 AM
AKL is by far one of the nicest resorts on property.

Cass
01-24-2005, 08:05 AM
I really like the atmosphere there, it is unique ~ warm & very comfortable. The pool area is nice, lobby is gorgeous, rooms are a little small for a deluxe (but not as small as WL or BC)

Try to get over to play mini putt at winterland/summerland - it is only a few moments away from AKL on the Blizzard Beach Bus :)

I have some photos of our AKL trips on my website link below.

Blueeyes101817
01-24-2005, 08:50 AM
thanks cass and jets--im soo excited!!

cottontail
01-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Hi:

We loved watching the staff come into the savannah around 7 a.m. and put out the food for the various animals. They had a pickup and would stand in the back of it to put the giraffes food up in the trees, of course the giraffes would slowly walk over and try to eat right out of the back of the truck, the staff member was hugging the giraffe. Then they put the food on the ground for the ground feeders, wildebeest, ankole cattle some sort of deer, it was fun to watch.

We usually had breakfast in room to be able to watch all this.

My daughter was about your age and just loved it, if you love animals how could you not. The pool is really nice.

Deb.

sters
01-24-2005, 09:00 AM
I understand there is storytime in the evennings, which might be fun to take the kids to.

Blueeyes101817
01-24-2005, 09:20 AM
thanks guys--im more excited after reading this--i didnt even think of asking about the akl before..so thanks!!

cottontail
01-24-2005, 01:32 PM
I found the room was set up nicely. There is an area outside the bathroom with double sinks and nice vanity that is ideal area for getting dressed, (as long as everyone else stays in the bed area) sort of separate from the area with the beds in.

It was nice having the balcony as it seemed to be like another room to go into. It is not huge but was adequate for our family of 4.

We had the queen and two bunks which were nice long adult sized bunks.

I really liked it there.

Deb.

kimmar067
01-24-2005, 02:47 PM
...but do they need ANOTHER babysitter???? :blush: :teeth:

Blueeyes101817
01-24-2005, 03:44 PM
hahahaha kim1

webray
01-24-2005, 03:56 PM
AKL is excellent, we have stayed in a deluxe savannah view room (concierge), a standard savannah view (one month ago), and a deluxe pool view room, (this past weekend).

All were absolutely wonderful..there is even savannah behind the pool where the Bongo are..so we got to see animals anyway.

The rooms are beautifully decorated, the staff is wonderful, the pool is one of the nicest on property. Great childrens play area, nice gym and spa. Boma is outstanding for breakfast and dinner, Jiko is oustanding for dinner. Mara..well, yuck everytime we have had breakfast there.