PDA

View Full Version : Campfire on de' bayou----POR

lovethattink
01-23-2005, 05:34 PM
I posted about this before, but I didn't have the specifics. Now I do! So with paper in hand, here goes. "Come join Disney's Port Orleans Resort Recreation around the campfire for stories, songs, fun and S'mores. Located at Ol' Man Island, behind the Fisnin' Hole. Weekly Schedule Sunday, Tues and Friday 6:30-8PM. (Campfire begins at 6:30 and ends at 8:00 PM Weather permitting.) S'mores kits---$5.25 (available at the Fishin' Hole from 6:30PM to 7:30 PM) (Includes Graham Crackers, marshmellos, chocolate and sticks) For reservations stop by or call the Riverside Marina by dialing 7-6278 (Open 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.) Limited seating. Ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Recommended clothing: Shoes, socks, long pants and long sleeve shirt. Bug repellant is not provided."

We did this on Friday night. We had a great time!

Seating was very limited. I think there were 4 benches and a couple bails of hay for sitting.

Sleuth
01-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. We're going to POR in Aug. and I didn't know they even had this.

Since you were there, do you think DS2 and DS4 would enjoy this? Were there other toddlers attending?

Inga
01-23-2005, 08:15 PM
...but do you think it is a kids-only type event? Myself and DH are heading down in two weeks, and that sounds like a fun thing to do, but if it is geared for the kids-only, I would hate to crash their party ;)

Thoughts?

Inga

lovethattink
01-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. We're going to POR in Aug. and I didn't know they even had this.

Since you were there, do you think DS2 and DS4 would enjoy this? Were there other toddlers attending?

There were only 3 other families beside us. My ds 11 was the oldest child there and my ds 9 months was the youngest. The 11 year old really had a great time. He roasted all of our marshmellos, was in one of the skits, and actually sang the songs. There were some small children with one of the families. They seemed to be having a great time too! We'll do it again sometime!

On Wed thru Sat nights, the one lounge at Riverside has entertainment. We went to that on Saturday night. The kids would enjoy that too!

lovethattink
01-23-2005, 08:22 PM
...but do you think it is a kids-only type event? Myself and DH are heading down in two weeks, and that sounds like a fun thing to do, but if it is geared for the kids-only, I would hate to crash their party ;)

Thoughts?

Inga

Inga, it's for anybody who enjoys getting silly at a campfire. The skits needed adults too!

GoofieRuthie
01-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Is this something we need to PS or something for? We are going the first of April and have never stayed there before. How do we get signed up and when???? It sounds like lots of fun.

cobbler
01-24-2005, 12:43 PM
THis sounds great. I may try this since I was so disappointed in the campfire at FW!

lovethattink
01-24-2005, 03:17 PM
Is this something we need to PS or something for? We are going the first of April and have never stayed there before. How do we get signed up and when???? It sounds like lots of fun.

I spoke with someone at recreation about calling ahead. They said it's only if it will be busy. That way you can reserve how many s'mores kits you will want. Just touch 7-6278 from your room phone for reservations or stop by the marina. If you check-in on a Friday, ask if the front desk will do this for you. We did not have reservations. With the 3 other families and us, it was pretty crowded by the fire at times. We could have used a flash light to get to the fire. The path was not well lit. They just had 2 small battery operated lanterns on the path.

GoofieRuthie
01-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks. This is definately something we'd like to check out. I hope we are able to do it. :D

eeyore0062
01-25-2005, 09:28 PM
How cool! I LOVE:love: S'Mores!!!!

Mich Mouse
01-25-2005, 09:31 PM
THis sounds great. I may try this since I was so disappointed in the campfire at FW!

Cobbler,

Why were you disappointed in the FW campfire? :sunny:

Nik's Mom
01-26-2005, 12:13 AM
How fun! I'll add this to my list for the kids! Thanks. :)