PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to find out which, if any, conventions are being held at CS

ncbyrne
01-23-2005, 03:45 PM
We will be in WDW Oct 15-23. I would really like to try staying at Coronado Springs, but after reading some posts about this resort, I'm afraid conventioneers might be disruptive to our adult, quiet vacation. Is there a way to find out which conventions, if any, will be held during our time frame? Librarian convention? Fine with me! NASCAR convention? May have to think about it. :)

F1Julie
01-23-2005, 03:58 PM
I don't know how you would find out, but I wouldn't worry about conventioners disrupting your vacation. If there's a convention going on while you're at CSR, you'll be in luck. The buses and pools will be empty all day while the conventioners are stuck in meetings. Plus, conventioners are a lot quieter than most families with kids on vacations. I wouldn't let the fact that CSR is a convention resort deter you from it. If anything, it's a big plus.

ncbyrne
01-23-2005, 04:11 PM
I'm only concerned because of other posts I've read here on the DIS. One said that her DH would be attending a very large convention in June and she added "watch out!" Doesn't sound like a quiet conservative group!

Rootskate
01-23-2005, 05:03 PM
We (two adults) stayed at CSR for the first time this past November. I honestly had no idea that there was even a covention going on until I noticed a little sign in the lobby saying "Welcome so and so convention". I wouldn't be put off on this resort. It really was beautiful.