PDA

View Full Version : WL with a toddler?

cdrn1
01-23-2005, 10:53 AM
We have never stayed at (or even toured) WL; however, it looks like it may be the ideal place to stay for a girls-only (myself, DD, DGD) quick getaway. We would like to stay maybe 4 nights and go to MK one day and Epcot one day. I know there is a boat to MK which would be perfect for us. We can wheel DGD's stroller right on to the boat. But how about getting to Epcot? Is the bus our only option? Would it make sense to take the boat to MK and then hop the monorail to Epcot? Any idea on how long that would take? Does WL have walking trails? Are they paved? Is there a kiddy pool? Is there plenty to do for nonpark days? DGD will be 15-18 months when we go. Thanks in advance for any input.

henrylovespooh
01-23-2005, 11:13 AM
My DH and I took our 2 year old DS and 10 month old DD to WL in 2003. We loved it. There is a kiddie pool and a playground on the beach. Everything is paved. It is a lovely resort. Whispering Canyon Cafe is great and the food court is pretty good too.

We usually took the boat to MK and then hopped on the monorail to EPCOT (the kids loved riding the Monorail), but the bus is fine too. If you take the boat to the Monorail, it's about a 10-15 minute boat ride, then you get off the boat and walk right over to the Monorail which is very close to the dock.

You can also take the boat over to the Campground if you want. There is a great restaurant there - Trails End, which is never very crowded and has great barbecue ribs and fried chicken. Very reasonable prices - probably the cheapest buffet in the Parks and resorts.

cdrn1
01-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Thanks! That is exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for!

Draglon
01-23-2005, 11:37 AM
You will absolutely love WL! I stayed there May, 2004 and March, 2003.
The boat service is just terrific both to MK and FW. I used it all the time.
I also second the motion for you to eat at Trail's End at least once. It is absolutely the best value in WDW. (Note that they have been added to the PS system now, so call ahead.) Plus FW has pony rides and a petting zoo. Yours sounds a little young to ride the ponies, but would probably get a kick out of seeing the animals. Have a great trip!

Deborah_Mary
01-23-2005, 11:58 AM
You could also take a boat from WL to CR (shorter boat ride than to MK) too catch the monorail there and then head to the TTC (which is the first stop coming from CR). From there switch monorails and head to Epcot.

Just an idea for you!

Good luck and have a great time!

Deb*

Draglon
01-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Deb is right about taking the boat to CR. Just note that you can't just get on any boat and decide to get off at CR. There are two different boats. One will take you to MK and the other to CR.

disneychick05
01-23-2005, 01:40 PM
We took DS to WDW & stayed at WL when he was 19 months old. We specifically picked WL because of the boat ride to MK and the closeness to FW where the petting zoo and Hoop Dee Doo are. There are lots of things to do on a day when you are not visiting the parks. We rented one of the surrey bikes and rode on a nice wooded trail over to the petting zoo. DS really enjoyed that. You're GD may also enjoy the early dinner show at Hoop Dee Doo, many little ones seem to love it. Also, at that age our DS liked the Wispering Canyon in WL. We ate a few meals there and he was always very entertained by the CMs. The beach area also has a cute playground. I think WL is a great choice when traveling with little ones. Have fun!! :D

Gary M
01-23-2005, 03:46 PM
:cool1:

There is a paved path from WL to FW which is about 1 mile long. You could walk to FW and then take the boat from FW to WL.

As of now there is a bus to TTC where you can catch the Epcot monorail. The bus ride is 5 minutes or less.