PDA

View Full Version : Paying it forward

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

goofydad621
01-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Okay here is the deal. A couple of nice DIS'ers made my DD6 day witha postcard from a character in December, saying can't wait to see you when you come to visit. We would like to pay it forward.

The first 3 people that send me a pm we will send their child a post card from their favorite character.

Please send name of child, address and any special message and a couple of different characters in case we can't find first choice.

Hope this helps build a childs belief in PIXIE DUST magic

Dave

DisneyPhD
01-16-2005, 07:24 PM
goofydad621, this is a really great idea. I sent you a PM and I hope I am one of the 1st 3. If not thanks for posting the idea all the same. I will be sure to pay it forward too.

:Pinkbounc

ladyarcher
01-16-2005, 08:11 PM
I have a question, I have three children, and would like for all three to get a postcard at close to the same time, what's the best way for me to make this happen? Thanks for answering my question to whomever does.

luvey
01-16-2005, 08:49 PM
that is such an awesome idea, i may do this for my november trip. it's always good to make someone smile. :flower1:

gingermommy94
01-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Awwwwww...I just wanna say that this is sooo sweet :grouphug:

foxfire
01-16-2005, 09:06 PM
goofydad621, you just made MY day with that wonderful offer/suggestion. I don't have a young child any more (boy, they grow up so fast!) but it warms my heart to see there are caring people like you willing to do something like that. Thank you for wanting to pay it forward...that it truly a pixie dust idea! :wizard: :wave: :flower:

Clay&Matt'sMom
01-16-2005, 09:40 PM
What a great idea Goofydad!!!! I'm going to do this too. We don't leave until June, but I also would like to send a few children post cards from their favorite character!!!!

Kim
:flower1:

lmhall2000
01-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Sending you a PM...hope you get it! :)
Thanks!!!
Tara

MomofKatie
01-16-2005, 11:24 PM
DD got a postcard from WDW from Mickey about a week before our trip... she LOVED it! We then sent out postcards to three families during our trip in November. It was fun, and great to know others got the same thriil my DD did. If anyone is thinking of doing it, go for it! It doesn't cost much, and it gives you a great feeling to make some child's day. We plan on doing it again when we go in the fall. :wizard:

luvthatduke
01-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Sent a PM your way!
And making a note on my calendar to
do the same thing before our trip!

goofydad621
01-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Well I have all that I can handle, But some other great people sent me a pm wanting to help so I am going to forward all that I cann't handle to them.
Sorry I wont be accepting any more after 10 AM EST today. I would love too but I have to work the next three days and get ready to go myself.

Have a Disney Day Dave Goofydad Dionne

luvthatduke
01-17-2005, 01:51 PM
goofydad, just wanted to say that no matter what - you ROCK!

soccermom5
02-13-2005, 10:15 AM
This is awesome :love off all that chat boards i have been on this is the best I ave 5 children we are going in april 22 if anyone is going before i would sure appresiate this and if amy is going after just let me know I will send as many post cards as poss. :earboy2: :grouphug:

pamdaniels
02-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Hi all, I am going in March. 03/20 thru 03/24. I have a PS for the Princess Storybook Breakfast, dinner @ Chef Mickeys & lunch @ The Crystal Palace. I am willing to send a few postcards. I think this is a GREAT idea. I don't have a little one, however my 15 year old is still my little princess. We will be celebrating her sweet 16 in WDW. I still like to think that you are never to old to believe in magic. At 45 I know I still do. I will be the on wearing the pink princess badge everyday of my trip. Most of my family and my co-workers think I am a little nuts to still consider myself a princess...I don't care! If I had my way I would wear a tiara every day!!! It's a feeling on the inside that I can't explain, you just know...PM me and I will send a postcards to a few princes & princesses of any age.

Leaving for my Happy place in 34 days!!!woohoo!!

lewdyan1
02-13-2005, 12:06 PM
I will be leaving this Friday and would love to make a child's day...send me a pm and I will be happy to keep the magic going. Thanks GoofyDad for starting the magic.

Philadisney
02-13-2005, 12:11 PM
what a great idea! i would love to do this on my trip in march as well. i have a question though - i don't think characters will write anything besides their name (right?) so do you write a message in your own handwriting and then just have the character sign it? i wouldn't want to send a child an inferior postcard :blush:

SnowyPrincesses:)
02-13-2005, 12:51 PM
I'm just going to look at one of the autographs we get and then do my best to copy the style. I'm not going for awhile but closer to departure I would love to have someone send cards to the two girls I'll be taking. Of course I'll do the same for others when I get there too. I love this idea!!!

Is it sad that it makes me a little misty eyed? :blush:

lsutigger2
02-13-2005, 02:02 PM
We're going May 1-7 and would be glad to send a few postcards for those kiddies going in the summer. Please send me a pm and I'll pack the info with my other stuff.
I think this is a great idea! I can remember loving to get mail when I was a kid. How cool to get some from my favorite Disney character!
(I don't have kiddies, but would love to make the day for other munchkins!)

riopooh
02-13-2005, 02:43 PM
I did this for a college friend's children after our last trip. Funny part was I sent it in my best Mickey writing and MAILED from NY. But since I had heard about their trip from another friend, my girl friend had no clue how they got the card. We saw each other about a year later and all of a sudden she realized it was me!!

We're going next Monday - I'll happily take 3 pm's!!!!

momtoce&j
02-13-2005, 07:45 PM
riopooh - I just sent you a pm.

We will be there the last week in April. I would be happy to return the favor and send some postcards. :earsgirl:

henrylovespooh
02-13-2005, 08:00 PM
I'll be at WDW 2/25-3/5 and would gladly send a postcard to a child headed to WDW in March. Someone there now is sending one to my 2 and 3 year olds, so I'd like to return the favor. PM me with your address and I will send some out!

lewdyan1
02-14-2005, 09:19 AM
I have received seven requests so I am finished. Good luck to everyone.

kerry34
02-14-2005, 09:57 AM
My kids received post cards from a wonderful DIS member and his family a few weeks ago. My 9 yr old son brought his to school to show his teacher, he was so excited. His postcard is now hanging on the bulletin board in school so everyone can see it. My 10 yr old daughter was on cloud nine because she received hers from tink(her favorite). She still looks at it everyday. My five yr old daughters each got one from Snow White. We had to call everyone we knew the day they came to tell them. My 12 yr old didnt get as excited in the same way and of course gave me the skeptical look, but in her terms it was "Cool". She had a big smile on her face too. This is a wonderful thing to do. Wanted to share my story and also to say I am looking to Pay It Forward as well. I am willing to send 5 postcards during our trip (April 16-23). Please Pm me your childrens name, address, and any personal favorite characters.

lewdyan1
02-14-2005, 10:01 AM
My kids received post cards from a wonderful DIS member and his family a few weeks ago. My 9 yr old son brought his to school to show his teacher, he was so excited. His postcard is now hanging on the bulletin board in school so everyone can see it. My 10 yr old daughter was on cloud nine because she received hers from tink(her favorite). She still looks at it everyday. My five yr old daughters each got one from Snow White. We had to call everyone we knew the day they came to tell them. My 12 yr old didnt get as excited in the same way and of course gave me the skeptical look, but in her terms it was "Cool". She had a big smile on her face too. This is a wonderful thing to do. Wanted to share my story and also to say I am looking to Pay It Forward as well. I am willing to send 5 postcards during our trip (April 16-23). Please Pm me your childrens name, address, and any personal favorite characters.

I have committed to sending postcards. Do you mind sharing what was on the ones your children received so i can get an idea of what to write...Also, did the actual character sign it or just a good forgery?

Thanks for your help.

Bellefan66
02-14-2005, 10:13 AM
anyone THIS nice, HAS to be from New England!! This is such a "magical" thing to do......sending pixi dust YOUR way........ :wizard:

vicceja
02-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Hi All! :wave:

I think this is a great idea! :teeth:

My family, DH, DS1,DS2,DS3 and I will be visiting Disney World starting June 28th - If anyone can send my boys a card that would be wonderful. :Pinkbounc

I will also return the favor - if anyone needs a card while I'm at Disney World please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Thanks!
Ely

POR- June/July 2005
AS - June/July 2003
:cool1: :flower: :rotfl: :banana: :love: :cheer2: :bounce:

Kelly5538
02-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Riopooh, I just sent you a PM.....

We go Mar 10, I'll gladly take 3 addresses.... PM me.

buzz2400
02-14-2005, 11:50 AM
I will be there beginning of July. I will take the first 3 to PM me.

kerry34
02-14-2005, 12:37 PM
I have committed to sending postcards. Do you mind sharing what was on the ones your children received so i can get an idea of what to write...Also, did the actual character sign it or just a good forgery?

Thanks for your help.

All the cards my children received had different handwriting except for the Snow White cards obviously because they were from the same character. I don't know if they were signed by the character or not. The card from Snow white said something like "See you soon here in Walt Disney World". The card from Buzz said something like " Heard you were coming for a visit, see you soon", off hand I cant remember my other kids cards but they were along those lines, each of them were phrased a bit differently than the other which was nice, and like I said, were in different handwriting. That helped with the older kids because that is something they would definately pick up on right away. Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

kerry34
02-14-2005, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=vicceja]Hi All! :wave:

I think this is a great idea! :teeth:

My family, DH, DS1,DS2,DS3 and I will be visiting Disney World starting June 28th - If anyone can send my boys a card that would be wonderful. :Pinkbounc [QUOTE=vicceja]

PM me your kids names, address, and favorite characters and I will be glad to send them. We will be there April 16-23. :flower: :flower: :flower:

lewdyan1
02-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Kerry34,

Thanks for the ideas... I might see if I can enlist a CM to help fill in the cards.

Have a great time at FW.

Dyan

bdrex95
02-14-2005, 02:05 PM
This is a GREAT idea!

I'll gladly take a few for our trip Apr 2-8. Anyone going later than us, go ahead and PM me. I'll be happy to send a few when we are down there.

I know our kids (ds6, dd3, and ds1) will get a big kick out of getting one, so I hope I can make a few other kids' days!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Mitchell
02-15-2005, 09:49 AM
I will definately do that too! It is such a grat idea. I am going around the same time as bdrex (April 1st-April 9th) so anyone going later than that can PM me.

Melissa princess:

Miscoehill
02-15-2005, 10:26 AM
What a great idea! I made a card from scrapbooking stuff and filled it with mickey ears (punch) and sent it to my nephew (3) - he loved it! I sent it from Mickey and Minnie...

We're going in two weeks (March 1-7) would love to send postcards to the first three who respond. Please PM me with names and etc...

Hope everyone has a Magical Vacation!

Kelly5538
02-15-2005, 01:19 PM
I've got my three to send to!!! Thanks to everyone

mommie2angels
02-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Dave, what an awesome idea! Thanks so much for starting this. I would love to send some postcards too. Just pm me.

soccermom5
02-15-2005, 03:06 PM
im going april 22-29 and i only have 4 postcards to send we can handle a couple more if anyone would like just pm me :flower:

Rpsemont
02-15-2005, 05:08 PM
We leave Monday, I'd be more than happy to send a few. Just send me a PM

mermaidlady
02-15-2005, 10:31 PM
I will be happy to send cards when we go in March PM me please

swilphil
02-16-2005, 05:58 AM
I've pm'd a few people about sending them postcards. How long does it take for a postcard to get somewhere? Is it about 3 days like regular mail or does it take a little longer? I'm trying to figure out if I should send the postcards early in our trip or if I can wait until the end.

Rpsemont
02-16-2005, 12:19 PM
I have three, but don't mind a couple more. I will confirm via PM. This is such fun!

swilphil
02-16-2005, 02:41 PM
I will be in WDW in mid-March. Rpsemont is sending postcards to my kids. I would like to keep the good karma going and send a few postcards while we are there. If anyone would like their kids to get a postcard, PM me with their names, addresses, and what characters or parks they like.

Maridw
02-16-2005, 03:59 PM
We are heading there in March, if anyone wants a postcard sent, please pm me with the information and my DD & I will make sure we get them in the mail.

I know DD would absolutely love to help with this. She is 18 and loves doing things like this. She got someone to send me a postcard from Tigger and I was really surprised to get it.

Our trip is March 16-20th, so just pm me and we will print out the information and take it with us. If you have a particular character you want on the postcard, let me know.

eleanor
02-16-2005, 05:33 PM
We are going Apr.13 to 21 Would be happy to send out a few . Let me know

EllynE
02-16-2005, 06:47 PM
We will be going on Feb 25-March 3 so if you PM me your info I will send out some.

:) Ellyn

This is a great idea!

Figment_Faerie
02-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Does the postmark say its from Walt Disney World? Do you just drop it off at the front desk with a stamp?

Disfreek
02-16-2005, 08:50 PM
We will be there in 1 week...
I would gladly send postcards.---just PM your info. :)

swilphil
02-17-2005, 05:16 AM
Bump:)

tooyellow313
02-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Okay here is the deal. A couple of nice DIS'ers made my DD6 day witha postcard from a character in December, saying can't wait to see you when you come to visit. We would like to pay it forward.

The first 3 people that send me a pm we will send their child a post card from their favorite character.

Please send name of child, address and any special message and a couple of different characters in case we can't find first choice.

Hope this helps build a childs belief in PIXIE DUST magic

Dave

Hi folks... please don't overload me.... lol, but i leave this saturday am for florida... we check into disney on monday the 21st thru monday the 28th. i no longer have little ones, but have two older teen daughters who i am taking. i am willing to send a few cards to some kids. just send me the info.

it will be something really terrific to do while the teens are off doing their own fun. hubby won't be along this time because he was called to active duity in the desert. i can't think of a thing i would rather do than sit in a beautiful park, sending a smile to a young person.

our first trip with our dd's was so wonderful. they were the most perfect ages, 7 & 8 back then.... it was the most amazing thing to see the world through their eyes at that age... makes me wish for grandchildren....lol

2 days we leave home for family, and only 4 days till disney ~!!!!!!~ :love:

EllynE
02-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Bumping up, I leave next Friday and so far only have one postcard to send, anyone else?

fran99999
02-18-2005, 10:08 PM
My DS6 just received a postcard yesterday.

I am looking to send on the "Magic". I will be at WDW May25 the to May31. Please PM me with Name and address also best loved character.
Oh and If you want the postcard to say something other than " Can't wait to see you in ___. Love Mickey Mouse

Or if going to the castle for breakfast. " I hear your coming to my house for breakfast. Love Cinderella"

Just send me the PM I will send 10. I already have my stamps ready :wizard:

MAGGIED
02-19-2005, 09:34 AM
I will be going April 14-23 and will be happy to send along some cards - please PM me with your kids name and address and fav character and I will be happy to spread the magic - I will take the first 10 children.... have a great day......

brambletiger
02-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi I'm leaving next week for 2 fun packed weeks, i dont have any little uns but would be happy to send a few cards. pm me if interested

#1Disfann
02-19-2005, 12:40 PM
and send a postcard if you say you are going to! This topic was around in November and someone offered and after trading the info thru PM they were going to send a postcard to my niece. I had told her to be on the look out for a special message. Well, she never did get anything. Just be sure you will take the time out of a sometimes crazy day (it is Disney, afterall! :goodvibes ) to follow thru.

mickeymel
02-19-2005, 02:39 PM
I am planning a trip in July and would be happy to help spread some magic to a little one's trip. Just send me the details.

canwegosoon
02-21-2005, 09:48 AM
As you can see from my counter we are under the 30 day mark, so I am getting everything in order. If you want a post card PM me...we are doing PS at CM and CP and will be at the parks 10 days so if you want a specific character I will do my best. I do not have girls, but I do have a friend going with me that will be at the Princess Breakfast who will get girls cards signed if poss. If you list a specific character, please be aware that Mickey will be sent if other choice is unavailable.

My boys loved theirs....it really brightens their day!!
PM me ASAP. :wizard:

Mich Mouse
02-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Hello All,

I am leaving for the airport tomorrow at 12:00 pm, and I am willing to send a few cards. If anyone has a need, PM me. I will confirm your request with you before I leave! :sunny:

lewdyan1
02-21-2005, 05:24 PM
I just returned and I wanted to let everyone know that if you are staying on property and ask the front desk, they will have the CM who signs the birthday cards, sign you postcard for you. This has an authentic touch.

EllynE
02-23-2005, 09:54 PM
We are leaving on Friday and I only have two cards to send, anyone else? PM me your info.

mickeyluv
02-23-2005, 11:17 PM
We will be in WDW May 20th - May 25th and I would love to send some "Disney Magic" to some kids. I think this is a really neat idea!! The first 5 people that PM me with their infomation will receive this special "Disney Magic". If you want somethign specific, please let me know and I will do my very best to accomodate your requests. And as someone else wrote:

[Quote] Oh and If you want the postcard to say something other than " Can't wait to see you in ___. Love Mickey Mouse

Or if going to the castle for breakfast. " I hear your coming to my house for breakfast. Love Cinderella" [Quote]

Or if you are doing any other specific PS, let me know!! I can't wait to do this. This is going to be so much FUN!!! :jumping1:

Pam

veraletta
02-26-2005, 04:25 PM
I would love to get them send to my 3 grandchildren (7, 6 and 4) who are going in April 3-9.
We are doing the Family Gatherings for my granddaughter as she will be turning 4. I would love to help some others out also by sending some post card for any one going after our dates. Thanks
I'm not sure how to PM..

lewdyan1
03-01-2005, 04:36 PM
bump - can't let something this good end... keep the pixie dust going. :flower:

sjams
03-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Going June 4-12...anyone up for 2 kids (7.5 and 4)? Will return the favor to anyone...up to 5 too...just pm with the info...

This is such an awesome thing.... :love:

Maybe someone going in May???? Beginning or midMay would be best...

pumpkinfish
03-01-2005, 04:52 PM
I am having someone send my DH one, so I would be more than willing to send out 5 while DH and I are at POP April 18-23. Email me the names, and what characters/rides/parks are their favorite. I love this idea!!!
:love:

ryan840
03-01-2005, 04:56 PM
hi. i love this idea. im going the first week in may and would be willing to send two postcards. (sorry, im on a really tight budget, id love to send more if i could). pm me with your childs info , favorite character and what youd like it to say (and a couple of back up characters just in case). ill take the first two pms i get. my son will be 21 months when we go, so if anybody would like to send him one, let me know. i know theres a lot of requests out there. :wizard:

Wish I lived in Fl
03-01-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure how to PM..

Click on posters name on left of post. menu will appear with choice of PMing. Type message and send.
Then where there is a reply,a notice appears on your screen the next time you sign on to Disboards.
If this doesn't work it would be above my head why not!

ryan840
03-01-2005, 11:27 PM
im all set for postcards, got some to send and someone to send one to my son. thanks again everyone! keep it going! :thewave:

canwegosoon
03-02-2005, 08:04 AM
Final call for anyone who wants a Post Card sent March 20-30th. Please PM me...and I will respond back!

LuvindisCruiser
03-02-2005, 09:00 AM
I love this !!! We will be at WDW from MAY 10-15, PM me if you would like me to send your child (or you) a postcard !!! Names, address, and message !!!
I'll take the first 3 !!!!!!! :wizard:

canwegosoon
03-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Sorry, I am now at my limit. I have replyed to all PM requests. :sunny:

Disneygal4life
03-02-2005, 09:58 AM
What a wonderful idea! I'm off to Disney at the end of April. I'd be willing to send out three cards to the first three people who PM me. Send the first name of your child, fav character and what you want the postcard to say along with where to send it. What a wonderful way to surprise a child and get them excited for Disney.

mousetime
03-02-2005, 10:18 AM
What a wonderful idea! I'm off to Disney at the end of April. I'd be willing to send out three cards to the first three people who PM me. Send the first name of your child, fav character and what you want the postcard to say along with where to send it. What a wonderful way to surprise a child and get them excited for Disney

We'll be there April 13-20 and I know my DD's (11 & 12) would love to send some magic to some little kids. PM us with the above info and we do our best!

MT & Family
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: princess: princess:

lilallybean
03-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Anybody interested in sending 4 postcards early to mid July? Will be happy to also pay it forward!

JennaTX
03-02-2005, 10:35 AM
I think this is such a terrific idea!

We will be going in June, the 17-24th, so I will be more than willing to send 5/6 postcards to children, just pm me with the children's information: age, name, who their favorite characters are, address, etc. I will pm back to let you know if I will be sending the postcards.

What a great treat for kids!!!

:cool1:

ophie
03-02-2005, 01:17 PM
I will be there March 20th-24th to serve as personal tour guide for some family members who've never been to WDW. I'd love a postcard diversion. Please PM me name, address, preferred character, any other useful info.

kboles
03-04-2005, 04:01 PM
We will be going March 21-28, and I would love to send some postcards. Just PM me with your info, and me and my kids will take care of it. :bounce:

joym70
03-05-2005, 09:57 AM
we are going on our first family trip 4/21/05-4/30/05 :Pinkbounc I would love for 3 of my kids to be surprised with postcards if there is anyone who will be able to mail them to us before we leave that would be great and I would love to do the same for another family. thanks so much PM me if your able and I'll give you names :wave2:

debbiedoo
03-05-2005, 10:39 AM
I had this done for my daughter and it was great!! I will be going end of May/June--If you would like postcards for those summer vacations--please let me know--I am now paying if forward!!

tinkerbell81284
03-05-2005, 10:03 PM
I can send out some postcards to kids and adults!
Just PM me with name, age,when you are coming to WDW, mailing address and favorite character(s).

bdink921
03-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Kboles I just pm'd you.

I can send some postcards out when I go April 15-22 if anyone is interested. I can send out around 5. I think this is a great idea. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Baloo
03-05-2005, 11:00 PM
This is so great! I didn't realize there were 2 threads with "Fairy God-mailers" ! :wizard:

Thanks to all of you for spreading magic and making the DIS such a wonderful place!!! :flower:

mickeyholic
03-06-2005, 06:41 AM
I will be going July 10-16. I am willing to send post cards to anyone that would like to receive them. My son's just received their post card Friday from Mickey & Minnie. It was great watching their expressions while we read the message.

Marseeya
03-06-2005, 07:12 AM
I just PM'd Tinkerbell for our upcoming trip in June.

We'll be there from June 4-June 13, so if anyone going after that would like me to send them or their kids a postcard, just PM me and let me know your kids' ages and favorite character. I'll do at least five.

MAGGIED
03-06-2005, 08:32 AM
I just wanted to thank the person (I am sorry I don't remember who it was) that sent the postcard to my kids - they received it yesterday and we very excited - that was nice of you.....

bytheblood
03-06-2005, 10:09 AM
That was very kind of you to offer.

I have a few sheets of letterhead and matching envelopes from the Disney Cruise...I offered to do that, but nobody was interested in letters from Mickey on a cruise ship....everybody wanted letters from Mickey in WDW. :teeth:

TinkerbellMama
03-06-2005, 11:11 AM
I guess it's wayyyy too early for me to make/take requests, not going until late November, LOL, but WOW what a great thread!!
I suppose if any super-organized, do-everything-psychotically-early-like-I-do folks out there are going at Christmastime or mid-December want to make their requests early...hee hee!

GillieRose
03-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Hi we are going May 13th-19th and would love for my kids to recieve a postcard before we go. I can send up to 5 postcards when we go just PM your information.

bigcrit
03-06-2005, 01:33 PM
I would love to get a post card sent to my twin daughters (8) before our trip on May 14th. I will gladly return the favor as well.

Thanks guys! :earsboy:

bigcrit
03-06-2005, 05:15 PM
I can send postcards during our trip May 14th - May 22nd. Anyone wanting a postcard sent then PM me with your info. :wave:

kaddjr
03-07-2005, 08:00 PM
I will be there the week of April 3-9 and can mail a few postcards. PM me with details. :flower:

kellie3
03-07-2005, 08:13 PM
We are going to be there May 20-26 and I would love it if someone would do this for my DS. We would be glad to pay it forward to a couple of others who are going after us.

Thanks!

buzz2400
03-08-2005, 09:18 AM
I will be there end of June to July 5. Anyone need any?

Pink Flamingo
03-08-2005, 01:36 PM
I just saw this thread & love this idea! Count me in. Below are my details.

WANTED - 4 postcards from WDW any time before July 30th (that's when we leave).

PAY IT FORWARD - I can send 4 postcards from WDW July 30th - August 8th. Just PM me.

kboles
03-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Rpsemont - Thank you, Thank you, Thank you - What a treat it was for them, to get that a week before our trip!!!

I am still available to send a few more postcards, we are leaving 3/21. Let me know. My chance to "Pay It Forward" :cool1:

kaddjr
03-09-2005, 12:45 PM
THANKS KBOLES! You have a pm! :flower:

PrincessasMommy
03-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks Kboles! I sent my info!

Such a great thing to do!

We are in WDW April 26-29 - I'd like to return the favor!

Pink Flamingo
03-09-2005, 06:43 PM
:love: Thanks to the wonderful sjams & buzz2400 I've got my 4 postcards taken care of. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm still available to send out some postcards July 30 - Aug 8. Just PM me. UPDATE: All booked now - I have PM'd everyone who sent me a request. Be on the lookout for your postcards the beginning of Aug.

Disneylover0105
03-09-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm going down to WDW March 31st - April 5th. Please PM me if you would like me to send some a postcard. I love this and do it everytime I go.

Ready to go in Ok
03-10-2005, 06:14 PM
This is an awesome idea!! I will be there from 6/12-6/18. If anyone needs a postcard, PM me. :wizard:

bdink921
03-15-2005, 09:05 PM
bump :Pinkbounc

mickeyluv
03-16-2005, 02:06 PM
I've posted before, but did not get any response. We are going to be at WDW May 20th - May 25th. If anyone wants a postcard sent please PM me with the details....name, address, favorite characters, any special messages!! I love doing this!!!! :flower:

schrei
03-16-2005, 03:02 PM
I think we finally can do our duty, some of you all have been so kind to send my AD Army husband post cards while he was deployed. They really made his day, you don't know how much. We will be happy to pay it forward, let me know your info and we'll take care of a limited amount of requests.
:earsgirl:
We're so close we can almost taste the tastes, smell the smells and see the Wonderful World of Disney!

andromedaslove
03-16-2005, 05:28 PM
I have already posted this on the Fairy God Mailers list on the Family board, but I wanted to post here also. I will be travelling to WDW from Apr 29th thru May 2nd. I would love to send out some postcards for people. Just PM me and let me know.

Dana

Marseeya
03-17-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks to Tinkerbell81284!!! :cheer2:

My daughter got one from Cinderella and she's been sleeping with the card. She wants to take a rose to give to Cinderella as a thank you at the CRT. Poor Cinderella... I hope she's a good actress :rotfl:

My son got one from Goofy too! He was skeptical about it, but I saw that he took it to his room to hang on to it. Heee! Teenagers. Gotta love 'em. :love:

Thanks again, Tinkerbell!

I'll put my offer out there again. We'll be going in June, so if anyone wants a postcard from us, please feel free to PM me. I'd love to make someone else's child as happy as Tinkerbell made mine!

Brenbug
03-30-2005, 08:19 PM
We are heading down to Florida April 7th - 15th. We will be at WDW for 5 days. I would gladly send postcards to anyone who would like them for their children. Just send me a PM with the particulars. I've seen how my son reacted when he got one and it was priceless. :earsboy:

kaddjr
04-02-2005, 08:04 AM
kboles THANK-YOU! We received the postcard yesterday! DD was THRILLED! DS was having a sad day as one of his "best buds" is moving away and yesterday was his last day at school. DS was really emotional about it- lots of tears. Today is better (so far) and he has checked out the postcard several times, even asked his dad, "Hey dad! Did you see we got a postcard from Mickey and Minnie?" I asked out loud, "I wonder how they knew we were coming?" DS said, "You called them, didn't you?" LOL! Actually, it arrived at the perfect time- we're leaving tomorrow!!! :Pinkbounc :cool1: :banana: THANKS AGAIN KBOLES!

bdink921
04-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Thank you kboles!!! :love1: DS and DN were soooo excited to receive the postcards from Mickey and Minnie!!!!

If anyone would like us to send a postcard,we will be in Disney World next week (can't believe it's next week finally) from 4/15-4/22. Just PM me with your info (character, how the postcard should read, etc) and we would love to send some pixie dust your way.

laginog001
04-05-2005, 05:46 PM
"Ophie" so kindly took care of our little cousin Dominick for us!!! He was sooooo excited when he got his postcard from Mickey (Ophie) this week!!!! Anyway, we will be at Disney World from April 17th to April 21st and would be happy to do 3 postcards or so. So...if anybody would like us to, please PM me with names, addresses, favorite characters, etc. My hubby is all excited to do it!!!! He answered the phone when Dominick called us about the postcard so he's the one that got the "initial excitement"!!! We hadn't told his parents about it either, so they were "shocked" and excited as well!!! And they couldn't figure out how it happened!! They thought it was magic too, but we had to explain it to them!!! So...please let me know if anybody would like any postcards sent in a couple weeks. We'll be staying at the Coronado.

California Mom
04-06-2005, 01:59 PM
What a magical way to 'start' our vacation countdown - getting a welcome postcard from their favorite character!

I would like to find out if anyone could send postcards to my 5 kids during the first week in June (approx one month before our July visit). Anyone available end of May, beginning of June and I will forward you info?

We will be visiting July 2-12, and would be happy to return the magic, by sending 5 postcards for anyone that would like for them....send me email with your info....prondez@yahoo.com

Just love these boards! :cheer2:

THANKS!

NJDisneymom
04-06-2005, 02:02 PM
If anyone is going during the month of April and could send us a postcard I would greatly appreciate it. I can only imagine the joy my 5 year old would get out of this and my 2 year old just loves anything Mickey and Minnie.

In return I will gladly take the names/addresses of a few who would like to receive a postcard during our May 5-13th trip.

Please PM me if you can send or if you'd like to receive.

HaleynWill'sMom
04-06-2005, 05:09 PM
I have just signed up on DisBoards, and don't really know how this all works, but I would love for my daughter who is 5 to get a post card before our May 1st vacation. I will gladly send post cards for someone else.

Sthronds
04-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Hi, I love this idea and since I have no kids to request this for, I am offering my services. I would be happy to send a few postcards for any of you. I will be there May 18-23, so if you are leaving soon after that and would like your kids to receive a poscard, please send me a private message with addresses and favorite character(s).

BernardandMissBianca
04-07-2005, 07:25 AM
I somehow lost my post so here it goes again. I have also posted this on the Fairy Godmailer thread in Disney for Families. We will be there from 4/14-4/20. I will do 5-10 postcards. Please PM me with name, address, favorite character, second character option, what to say and date of trip. We have PS's at Akershus and Liberty Tree Tavern. I love this idea and I hope to keep it going.

Sthronds
04-08-2005, 11:57 AM
bump bump bump

BernardandMissBianca
04-09-2005, 11:34 PM
OK everyone, I've got my 10 people for my FGM list. I'll be mailing them out April 19th. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Hadjii
04-10-2005, 06:21 AM
Hi,
I'll be there from the 9th - 16th of May. Would gladly send out postcards to the first 5 people that pm me. What a fantastic idea! - Nancy ::MinnieMo

heathersmom
04-10-2005, 08:22 AM
My family is going to be in Disney the week of June 26th. I am willing to send out some postcards so just PM me and give me the details and I will be happy to do it. This is so exciting. :banana: :banana: :banana:

msmouse
04-10-2005, 09:18 AM
What a great idea. My sister and I will be there 5/11-5/15. I would love to do this. Please email me at sandidavies62152@hotmail.com and give me the information you would like on the postcard. I will honor the first 5 emails. This should be a lot of fun.

laginog001
04-10-2005, 09:42 AM
OK!! We've got all of our "kids" for our Postcards. We'll be mailing them the week of April 18th!! Thanks!!!

pattyT
04-10-2005, 11:38 AM
I am going down next weekend
PM or e-mail me -
the first five I get I will send a postcard too!

littleprincessmom
04-12-2005, 09:02 PM
I PM'd you!!! thanks for offering! :sunny:

I am visiting May 14 - 21 and plan to post at the beginning of May to send out postcards. I can't wait to be the FGM! What a wonderful way to spread the magic. :wizard:

Dis boarders are the best! :flower:

Disney Gator
04-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Going Saturday and Sunday this weekend, April 16th and 17th. I would be happy to do 2 or 3 postcards for people. Just send me PM, name, address, favorite characters. :)

littleprincessmom
04-13-2005, 07:43 AM
I just PM'd you! :flower:

jsmla
04-13-2005, 11:17 AM
Hubby and I will be on a quick trip to Disneyworld April 15-18 and I would be delighted to send a couple of postcards out. This is such a sweet idea!

Jennifer

BuzzBoyMom
04-13-2005, 11:30 AM
jsmla - check your pms - my kids would love one and I'd be happy to return the favor in a few months to the next family!!!

Disney Gator
04-13-2005, 05:00 PM
ok I've got 3 people that I'm sending to.

wirki
04-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Sorry Disney Gator. I guess I should have read all the posted before I pmed you.

jsmla- check your pm box. I sent you one

Debbie

joym70
04-13-2005, 06:36 PM
We are leaving April 22 and would love to send postcards to kids. My son just recieved his card from "GOOFY" it's such a special way to start a magical vacation. Anyone in need please PM me. :thewave:

ANTSS2001
04-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Since there are alot of FGM for kids I wouldnt mind doing it for adults, maybe a significant other having bday this April, your wife,husband,in-laws etc , A goodluck wish or Congratulation for a baby,job etc. We are leaving this Friday the 15th of April ito April 22. I already have a couple of friends on my list and wouldnt mind to add a few( maybe about 10 more). We are just lounging this trip enjoy the hotel pool and hotel restaurant a couple of day at the park and vegitate so this would be an extra fun activity for me and my Potsie. I also have picked up my Disney stamps at the post office! You can email me directly at antss2001@yahoo.com. The last time I will be able to check my email would be Friday the 15th at 7AM EST :rolleyes:

PS:PLS include the 1st 3 fave characters !!! Ohh am so excited!!

Dolphin_Girl008
04-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Thanks, ANTSS2001! I'll email you. I want to surprise my sister (who will be going to the WDW for the FIRST time next month) with a postcard from WDW. :teeth:

ANTSS2001
04-14-2005, 12:51 AM
Ok so far I got 3 to mail .. :cool1: one from: Ca,Md and Canada. Am not going to mention the names the recipient might be reading :rotfl2:

debbiedoo
04-17-2005, 02:09 AM
I am going to the world soon--if you would like your child or a bday/special card from WDW just PM me. I also have a list of people ready to help out!!

My daughter received a card from the gang and it made her day!! It is displayed in her room. I would like to return the favor.

don't forget to add you favorite character!!

I go May 27 - June 6---I have some people already that will be goin a lot sooner than me--PM me if you are interested. :wave2:

drakethib
04-17-2005, 07:31 AM
We will be @ WDW from April 30th - May 7th if anyone needs a Fairy Godmailer.

Just send me a PM.

Thanks

Disney Mama
04-18-2005, 04:28 PM
I love this idea, just another piece of magic! I will be leaving in 12 hours, so time is short!!!! :cool1: PM tonight & I'll try to get it sent!

mdinecola
04-19-2005, 11:14 AM
We will be making our first trip to Disney World on May 20-25 and I would be happy to do this for someone, but I also need someone to send for my boys. Any takers?

Michelle

LuvindisCruiser
04-19-2005, 09:51 PM
We will be making our first trip to Disney World on May 20-25 and I would be happy to do this for someone, but I also need someone to send for my boys. Any takers?

Michelle

We will be there May 10-15th, I could send you one from WDW on the 10th, if you think that's enough time !! PM me with your info., and I'll be more that happy to send your boys a postcard.

:sunny: My 5 yr.olds got one yesterday, and thought it was so exciting that Mickey and Minnie can't wait to see them next month !!! :sunny:

LuvindisCruiser
04-21-2005, 09:04 AM
:flower: Hey, Everyone :flower:
I'm planning to send our postcards out from DTD on our first
day at WDW. I've heard that there is a postoffice in DTD to
send them from. Do they sell stamps there also, or should I
take my own ? And, do they also sell postcards, or would I be
better off purchasing them from the World of disney store?
:hourglass 19 days to go !!! :hourglass

minniegidget
04-21-2005, 09:18 AM
I will be going May 1st - 7th. I would love to be a FGM. The 1st 5 that pm me I will send out cards to. It can be for both adult and kids. Just let me know is it for a birthday, a up coming trip and who you would like to see a postcard from.

iLoveEeyore2
04-21-2005, 09:27 AM
We will be there 4/30 to 5/7/05. If you need postcards, please pm me. I'll send them to the first 5 I receive. Let me know if your child has a favorite character. I will try to match the postcard to their favorites (no promises!).
(Wish I had thought of this when my nephews went in January! They would have loved getting the postcards!)

mdinecola
04-21-2005, 09:51 AM
I have posted already, but not gotten a response, so here goes again - I will be there May 20-25 and would be happy to send postcards since I was lucky enough to have someone planning to send one to my boys. I will send to the first 5, so PM me if you would like one sent to you during my stay. Also, just as everyone else requests, let me know fav. character, event, etc.

Michelle

Mom to Will and Finn
04-21-2005, 10:04 AM
We'll be there May 24th - June 3rd and would be happy to send out postcards. I can do up to five people. Please pm me if you'd like one. :)

Eden

bigsis1970
04-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone - I will be in the World from July 2nd to the 8th and would be happy to send out 3 postcards when we are there. please send me a PM with your child/ren names and your address so i can Pay it Forward.. Michelle

BernardandMissBianca
04-21-2005, 02:29 PM
:flower: Hey, Everyone :flower:
I'm planning to send our postcards out from DTD on our first
day at WDW. I've heard that there is a postoffice in DTD to
send them from. Do they sell stamps there also, or should I
take my own ? And, do they also sell postcards, or would I be
better off purchasing them from the World of disney store?
:hourglass 19 days to go !!! :hourglass

The Wonderful World of Memories store sells postcards and can meter and mail them . I did mine last week and I would suggest writing the addresses in small print and getting them metered before you get them signed. The regular postcards didn't have any special requirements, however, the shaped postcards needed extra postage. The princess postcards were 50 cents to mail. I assume this will go up when regular postage increases this summer. I took my own stamps because I had Disney ones but I will probably not do that in the future.

ophie
04-21-2005, 03:27 PM
The princess postcards were 50 cents to mail.

Hang on there... where'd you hear that? Regular postcards (up to 6 inches long by 4-1/4 inches high) are $0.23. Large postcards (over 6 inches long or 4-1/4 inches high) are $0.37. Then... large postcards require an additional $0.12 nonmachinable surcharge when any one of the following apply:

* Height exceeds 6-1/8 inches, or
* Length exceeds 11-1/2 inches, or
* Thickness exceeds 1/4 inch, or
* Length divided by height is less than 1.3 or more than 2.5.

I don't remember the princess postcards fitting that criteria.

soccermom5
04-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Disney Gator THANK YOU :cheer2: I was at an afterschool program volunteering today when my littleone called me screaming because Mickey knows her house They are all excited you made the day of 5 extremely excited disney kids :flower: :sunny: :love:

BernardandMissBianca
04-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Hang on there... where'd you hear that? Regular postcards (up to 6 inches long by 4-1/4 inches high) are $0.23. Large postcards (over 6 inches long or 4-1/4 inches high) are $0.37. Then... large postcards require an additional $0.12 nonmachinable surcharge when any one of the following apply:

* Height exceeds 6-1/8 inches, or
* Length exceeds 11-1/2 inches, or
* Thickness exceeds 1/4 inch, or
* Length divided by height is less than 1.3 or more than 2.5.

I don't remember the princess postcards fitting that criteria.

I just measured a left over princess card. It is 5 3/4 inches x 6 1/4. These cards are cloud shaped ( for lack of a better description) with a banner at the bottom that says Walt Disney World and has Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty. It does say on the card extra postage required but I thought postcards weren't the cost of a regular letter. I believe the woman at the store said the regular postcards were 23 cents but I put the Disney stamps on them. I grabbed my receipt and it says 7 qty\ $.50 stamp total $3.50.

ophie
04-22-2005, 01:17 AM
Okay... now I'm really confused. I have sent one of the giant Mickey postcards with a $0.37 (regular stamp) and it arrived at its destination. I would think that, if anything needed extra, it'd be that one. I really can't figure this. I sent the exact princess one you're talking about recently. I guess I'll have to hold my breath now... :confused3

BernardandMissBianca
04-22-2005, 02:37 AM
Okay... now I'm really confused. I have sent one of the giant Mickey postcards with a $0.37 (regular stamp) and it arrived at its destination. I would think that, if anything needed extra, it'd be that one. I really can't figure this. I sent the exact princess one you're talking about recently. I guess I'll have to hold my breath now... :confused3

Sorry, I really don't mean to confuse you. I was just taken by surprise that the princess ones were extra postage and I didn't want anyone else to get sticker shock. I'm wondering though if this is why some people haven't gotten their cards?! I had to specifically ask about the extra postage. I tend to over organize and I didn't want to mess up my first fairy godmailing. Maybe if someone is going there soon they might have a little extra time to speak with someone about it. I was being pulled in 3 directions by my kids and was trying to hurry.
I don't want to scare anyone off, Please keep paying it forward :wizard:

dani12
04-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Thank you to our fairy godmailers; we received our postcards and my kids, DD5 and DD4 are super excited and we are willing to do this for another lucky family. We will be there May 4th-10th if you are interested. I will take the first 5 people that PM me (we have a stack to do ourselves). Please send me their favorite charactor and I will do my best to get them and tell me what you would like it to say. Again, thanks fairy godmailers, you made our day! :jumping1:

BernardandMissBianca
04-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Thank you to our fairy godmailers; we received our postcards and my kids, DD5 and DD4 are super excited and we are willing to do this for another lucky family. We will be there May 4th-10th if you are interested. I will take the first 5 people that PM me (we have a stack to do ourselves). Please send me their favorite charactor and I will do my best to get them and tell me what you would like it to say. Again, thanks fairy godmailers, you made our day! :jumping1:

Dani12
I PM'ed you. Glad we could help. :wizard: :wizard:

littleprincessmom
04-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Disney Gator!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

What a perfect postcard you sent. You absolutely made my 5 year old daughter's year! She is so proud of her princess postcard! :cloud9:

Thank you for spreading the magic! I PM'd you also.

Thanks from the bottom of the heart of an FSU Seminole and GA Bulldog fan! :rotfl:

eleanor
04-24-2005, 04:41 PM
I sent three cards last week from the Poly. I cost .37and the other .52 because it had to be hand stamped at the PO . The stamps were all Mickey Mouse and friends. Really cute. Try to buy them,it adds a little extra.

wirki
04-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi everyone. We recieved our postcard on Friday and my DD3 was so excited. Thank you fairy godmailer!! :worship: She could not believe that Tink remebered her. :earsgirl: Now I would like to share the magic. I leave in 3 days, so if you need a postcard sent, please PM me tonight or tomorrow.

Debbie

JennaTX
04-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Dear Mousetime,

Thanks so much for sending the postcards to my DD and DS. They got them this weekend, and were so thrilled! All my daughter can talk about is how Cinderella managed to get her address! It really made their day and their little faces were filled with joy, which is absolutely priceless! :love:

Thanks again!

Jenna :love2:

indigoxtreme
04-24-2005, 09:33 PM
We are going September 3rd and I can do some post cards while I am there. I would also like to know if someone is going in August so my granddaughter can get a card? She will be 4 on August 22. Just PM or e-mail me (indigoxtreme@aol.com) and let me know who I can send a card to or if you can send 1 to my granddaughter. Thanks :wizard: princess: :hourglass

Galenamom
04-24-2005, 09:54 PM
We will be in Disney World June 5-12 and would be happy to send out some postcards. PM me if you would like one!

Lucky and Pooh
04-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Going to Disney in the Fall

joannelee217
04-27-2005, 09:21 AM
if any one would like a postcard
I'd be glad to make a little ones day

just pm me the info

jenniskinni
04-27-2005, 09:32 AM
We'll be at WDW June 7-11. We would love to sent postcards to five people. Please PM me with your information. :wave2:

donnab2005
04-27-2005, 11:10 AM
We will be there July 1 thru 8 and I would really appreciate it if someone could do this for my DD7 who will be celebrating her birthday while we are there. If you can help just pm me and I will give you details. I would also be glad to return the favor for someone else.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

darlene9947
04-27-2005, 04:41 PM
A great, big "Thank You" to kerry34 for helping to spread some pixie dust. :wizard:
My grandson Jake got his postcard yesterday!! He was absolutely thrilled!!
DIS people are the best!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

My trip is scheduled at the end of May. I would love to send some pixie dust to other little ones. PM me with the info. I already have 2 names and I can do 3 more.
Darlene

jenndisney
04-27-2005, 05:36 PM
We will be at the world June 9-18. I will be happy to send postcards to the first 5 to PM me. Please indicate their favorite character and any special message you want them to know.

GinaGrumpyDwarf
04-27-2005, 05:43 PM
omg what a GREAT idea....
I'm looking for someone who is going before June to send one to my DD and i will CERTAINLY pay it forward when i go June 16-19....I never thought of something so wonderful....Mikayla is only 2 1/2 but been to disney twice now and is TOTALLY inlove with the princesses now (she's started early lucky me ) PM me if anyone is going soon...or in may to do me this wonderful favor...thanks to all...

donnab2005
04-27-2005, 06:53 PM
I was wondering if someone can tell me where I can buy postcards at disney. Do the resorts sell them?? Just curious where I might find them. I love to purchase them for all the parks and some of the attractions. I enjoy using them in some of my scrapbooks as well as sending them to people. I really appreciate the help.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

dani12
04-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Ok so far I got 3 to mail .. :cool1: one from: Ca,Md and Canada. Am not going to mention the names the recipient might be reading :rotfl2:

Hi ANTSS2001. Thanks so much for sending my husband a note from Buzz! He really got a kick out of it! :flower:

BernardandMissBianca
04-27-2005, 10:47 PM
I was wondering if someone can tell me where I can buy postcards at disney. Do the resorts sell them?? Just curious where I might find them. I love to purchase them for all the parks and some of the attractions. I enjoy using them in some of my scrapbooks as well as sending them to people. I really appreciate the help.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

You can buy them in the resort stores, at stores in the parks, and several stores in the Downtown Disney Marketplace. I think for the most part they were between .50 - $2.00 each.

ANTSS2001
04-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi ANTSS2001. Thanks so much for sending my husband a note from Buzz! He really got a kick out of it! :flower:

:goodvibes Great! :goodvibes

bigcrit
04-28-2005, 02:11 PM
My daughters received postcards from some nice people on these boards. I want to show my appreciation and pay it forward as well. We will be in WDW May14th - 22nd. We will gladly send postcards if you PM me the necessary info. Name, address and character (will do my best) you want.

:flower:

GoN2WDW
04-28-2005, 02:38 PM
We will be in WDW over July 4th weekend...I can send to the first 3 DISers who PM me. Let me know what type of postcard and message you want to send. Sounds like fun! I did this for friends before and their kids loved it! :earsboy:

happybratpack
04-28-2005, 02:45 PM
I would like to do this too...I will be at WDW from May 6th - 15th. I can send to the first 3 that PM me, kids, husbands or wives. ;)

Just let me know character, resort or whatever you would like and any message. :flower:

Thanks!

Dolphin_Girl008
04-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Hi ANTSS2001,

My sister got the Minnie & Friends postcard today. :teeth: Thanks!!

Dolphin_Girl008
04-29-2005, 07:46 PM
I'm going May 16-26 and can send some postcards too(adults or kids). Just pm me the info! :flower:

dani12
04-30-2005, 06:36 AM

I still have room for two more if you are interested. We will be leaving on Tuesday... :cool1:

Pir8girl
05-02-2005, 07:04 PM
I am going to DLR May 14-19 and would love to send 5 postcards.
PM me with the details.
Also, is anyone interested in sending my dd and ds a card AFTER we get home? Say in June? I'd love to have a postcard saying thanks for visiting and using your best manners! ( Let's hope they do ) lol

Thanks,

Pirate Girl pirate:

jenniskinni
05-02-2005, 07:18 PM
I am going to DLR May 14-19 and would love to send 5 postcards.
PM me with the details.
Also, is anyone interested in sending my dd and ds a card AFTER we get home? Say in June? I'd love to have a postcard saying thanks for visiting and using your best manners! ( Let's hope they do ) lol

Thanks,

Pirate Girl pirate:

We're going June 7-11, would love to do this for you! PM me your info. Have a fantastic time!

zdad
05-02-2005, 07:24 PM
We'll be there 19-27 June. We can do 4. First four with details via PM will make the list.

(Let's give some good ideas for a note too)

xraydave
05-02-2005, 07:26 PM
We'll be there June 10. I would be more than happy to help out the first 3 to PM me. :earboy2:

brownhaired_girl
05-02-2005, 07:33 PM
My mother and daughter will be going May 11th - 18th. They would be happy to send out some postcards. I will print off the first 6-8 PM's and we will get some postcards sent out.

momtoce&j
05-03-2005, 02:49 PM

Thanks,

Pirate Girl pirate:

What a GREAT idea!! If anyone could also send my kids an after the fact, glad you came to visit type postcard that would be fantastic! We just came home on Sunday. Thanks!

Pir8girl
05-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Were you in Disneyland or WDW?

Pirate Girl

momtoce&j
05-03-2005, 05:50 PM
WDW

We had a great time too. Nice :sunny: weather. It was 90 when we left Saturday evening, drove back home to 50's and an explosion of pollen.

LuvindisCruiser
05-03-2005, 06:24 PM
While we are in WDW, we send a card to the kids, so when we get home
they have a card telling them how much Mickey and Minnie miss them, and were glad to have met them !!! :earsgirl: :earsboy:

eternaldisneyfan
05-04-2005, 05:29 PM
I got my postcard!! I wasn't expecting a character to sign it and it was a nice surprise! I have never seen Belle at WDW and it was cool to finally get it! I have been basically homebound from illness/disability and anything special really improves my day. I'm going to post my pay it forward on the disability board closer to my trip...Thanks again!

Christamae

Sthronds
05-05-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm posting this once more before I leave because I still have room for 2 or 3 more postcard recipients. I will be there May 18-23. I love this idea and have even enlisted my mother to help. We are both teachers and we recognize how special it is for a child to get recognized- even by a princess or a mouse! Anyway, PM me if you would like a postcard sent to your children (or yourselves!). Only 13 days to go! princess:

PratersloveDW
05-05-2005, 03:02 PM
I too had a wonderful family send my DS a postcard signed by Pooh a few months back. :goodvibes I would love to do this for 3 more families. If you would like me to have a character sign a card for you or someone special, please send me a PM. I will be leaving for the World May 19th...

Make it a Magical day!! :earboy2:

donnab2005
05-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Wow this is a great idea. We will be in Orlando June 26 to 30 and then in WDW July 7 thru 8. Is anyone going the end of May that would be willing to Pay it forward. I would be able to send postcard from July 1 to 7. I think this is a wonderful idea to help spread some pixie dust.

Donna
:cheer2: :cheer2:

sassydisneymom
05-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Yes, I would love to do this for someone also. I will be at WDW June 26 thru July 3 2005. Please let me know if I can send your little DD a post card. This is an awesome idea.
Karen :earsgirl:

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

pamslovestigger
05-11-2005, 11:20 AM
This is the greatest idea :cheer2: . I am for sure on this bandwagon. Send me a pm and I will gladly try to grant them to my fullest ability. I'll try for about five, but knowing myself I may end up with a list a mile long.... :teeth:

Have a Very Mickey Day! :mickeybar

Mister Disney
05-11-2005, 12:32 PM
We'll be there from June 1 - 6 and would be willing to send out postcards to people.

PM with your child's info, favorite character, special sayings etc and your address and we'll send them out.

:disrocks:

ANTSS2001
05-11-2005, 07:49 PM
OK... orig'ly was going this June and was crushed when I learned I need to go for training on June 6 to 12 to learn :badpc: . Well after doing some constructive thinking !!! :bored: I finally book my travel on Sept 23 to Oct 1st. Will be there for the 1st night of MNSSHP so I can get more autographed postcards if it would be just like last year's MNSSHP. Even got all the 7 dwarfs sign! I am taking in 10 addresses!!! kids and adult alike! I :love: had fun doing it the last time and would love to do it again!

tiggerzpalz
05-12-2005, 07:29 AM
We had a wonderful fairy godmailer send my sons and my brother a postcard. They were so excited when they got them. My oldest son now has his packed along with my brother! They both want to share them with mickey and say thanks! We will be there May 31st - June 10th and are sending out a couple but will take 5 more people. Just pm with your info (special greeting, character, etc.) and I will send them on their way!

Sthronds
05-12-2005, 11:49 AM
I have hit my limit of 12! I look forward to sending all these postcards to all of your wonderful children. I have even recruited my mom to help me with this and she is excited too. Thanks!

melaniemouse
05-15-2005, 03:17 PM
We're hoping to find a "fairy godmother" to do this great idea for dd and ds for our late July trip. But in the meantime, I'm so excited about this idea. We would like to play "pay it forward" and start planning now!!! ::MinnieMo

The first 3 people that send us a pm we will send their child a post card from their favorite character (if possible).

Please send name of child, address and any special message and plus a couple of different characters in case we can't find their first choice. ::MickeyMo

::MinnieMo

gr8ful4Him
05-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone!
what an AWESOME idea!
We're leaving home July 6th and will be in Orlando July 9th through July 16th.
Would definitely be willing to do it to bless your little one with a card from their favorite character (if possible).
pm me with the pertinent info (name, addy, character and any specific msg for the card)... will take about 5 responses..
:jumping1:

have an awesome day!
Deb

ANTSS2001
05-23-2005, 09:28 PM
:grouphug:

ANTSS2001
05-26-2005, 12:38 AM
:wave2:

jenndisney
05-26-2005, 12:15 PM
***********all spots are taken--sending 15 yeah!!! *************

:wizard: I keep trying, but no one has taken my up on the offer.

I am willing to send to 5 people when we are at WDW June 10-18th.

Please PM me with name, address, favorite character, special message.

I will send to kids, parents, co-workers, anyone!!! I love to spread the magic. I have done this for the past three trips.

Have a wonderful day. :wizard:

ANTSS2001
05-27-2005, 12:29 PM
:wizard:

Pixie
05-27-2005, 02:41 PM
goofydad621, you just made MY day with that wonderful offer/suggestion. I don't have a young child any more (boy, they grow up so fast!) but it warms my heart to see there are caring people like you willing to do something like that. Thank you for wanting to pay it forward...that it truly a pixie dust idea! :wizard: :wave: :flower:

I second that!!!! :grouphug:

heathersmom
05-27-2005, 03:18 PM
My dd received her postcard in the mail today and I cannot thank you enough. :love2: I am willing to send 5-10 postcards when we are there the week of June 26-July 1st but noone has PM'ed me. Let me know!! I'd love to share the magic. :flower:

ANTSS2001
05-28-2005, 12:00 AM
:banana:

ANTSS2001
05-30-2005, 11:01 PM
:wizard:

ANTSS2001
06-01-2005, 01:51 AM
:goodvibes

Aroura
06-01-2005, 08:17 AM
MAGGIED sent my two boys a postcard in March, I had totally forgot about it and remembered when my boys were screaming that "Mickey sent them a letter".. I had tears in my eyes. It was so nice to see that people would do that for children. I can't wait till I get my turn to Pay it Forward. :grouphug:

pjynx
06-01-2005, 09:10 AM
Edited....I've reached my maximum number. Thanks!

eeyore45
06-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Heathersmom -

thanks for the offer - sent you a PM!

:goodvibes

ANTSS2001
06-01-2005, 01:11 PM
:cool1:

iluvwdw_2002
06-01-2005, 01:25 PM
This is an awesome idea!!! I am getting all misty-eyed just reading all these posts and hearing from all of you about seeing your children with excitement about their postcards!!! I don't have any children (yet)...but I think this is the best and most generous idea I have seen!!

I don't have a trip planned anytime soon, but when I do I will definitely love to send postcards out from characters!! You guys all rock!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

lecach
06-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Jenndisney I just pm'd you! Thanks for the offer. I asked for a postcard to my 6 month old, something along the lines of "please have your Mom and Dad bring you down to WDW to visit us". I have come pretty close to convincing DH to take us to WDW next May but anything that can seal the deal will be great!

ANTSS2001
06-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Jenndisney I just pm'd you! Thanks for the offer. I asked for a postcard to my 6 month old, something along the lines of "please have your Mom and Dad bring you down to WDW to visit us". I have come pretty close to convincing DH to take us to WDW next May but anything that can seal the deal will be great!

GREAT!!!!! :cheer2:

aplejax76
06-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Pjynx pm'ed you!!!!!!!!!!

shatzjsl
06-01-2005, 02:08 PM
I leave for WDW on Saturday! I'll send three cards! PM me with name, address, age, fave character & when your next trip is planned (if you have one)

Edited: I have my three names! :teeth:

zzammmi
06-01-2005, 02:14 PM
oops! how do i pm you?

zzammmi
06-01-2005, 02:20 PM
nevermind, I figured it out.

shatzjsl
06-01-2005, 02:27 PM
nevermind, I figured it out.

:teeth:

ANTSS2001
06-01-2005, 09:29 PM
:teeth:

Have fun !!! :cheer2:

3crazymice
06-12-2005, 08:17 PM
This is the coolest thing that I have ever heard of! We will be going September 24-30th would love it if someone could send DS (3.5 when we go) a postcard. I would love to the same for others when we go.

mommyesq
06-14-2005, 06:17 AM
Hey I am willing to send 5 postcards during my trip....anyone going this week willing to send cards to my ds(6) - fav character is Mickey and dd(15) all time favorite character is Tigger....

MJ :earsgirl:

Aristomommy
06-14-2005, 08:48 AM
Hey I am willing to send 5 postcards during my trip....anyone going this week willing to send cards to my ds(6) - fav character is Mickey and dd(15) all time favorite character is Tigger....

MJ :earsgirl:

Mommyesq, I sent you a pm. PLMK if you could send us a card.

zdad
06-14-2005, 09:13 AM
We are leaving Sunday and are willing to send a few postcards out to kids in need or desreving kids who will be coming to MK soon. So far we've only gotten 1 response. I'll happily take 4 more.

PM me if interested.

UPDATE (11:40 am Eastern): Just got three more requests. Have room for 1 more !

bigsis1970
06-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Hi I had a request in with someone who has already completed their trip and we never got our postcard so I will try again.. zdad I am sending you a PM with my kids name and address.. Thanks Michelle

Ps I am there from July 2nd to 8th and would love to repay by sending a few postcards so Pm your names and addresses along with fave characters and maybe what you would like the note to say.. Michelle

shopgirl72
06-17-2005, 09:00 AM
Hi All! We will be going 7/14-7/23. Would be happy to send out 5 post cards while there, PM me if interested with info!! Was hoping someone would send a postcard to my grandkids, if you are going soon?? If so please PM me, and I will send their address!! :wizard:

:earsgirl: shopgirl

shopgirl72
06-19-2005, 06:21 PM
Hi All! We will be going 7/14-7/23. Would be happy to send out 5 post cards while there, PM me if interested with info!! Was hoping someone would send a postcard to my grandkids, if you are going soon?? If so please PM me, and I will send their address!! :wizard:

I can send 2 more cards, PM me if interested!! Anyone going soon? I would like to have my grandkids recieve a postcard from WDW!! PM if so!! THANKS!!

mommyesq
06-19-2005, 06:24 PM
And i can still send a few more cards - just provide me with the appropriate information - cards will go out 6.25-6.30

I can send 2 more cards, PM me if interested!! Anyone going soon? I would like to have my grandkids recieve a postcard from WDW!! PM if so!! THANKS!!

shopgirl72
06-19-2005, 06:31 PM
And i can still send a few more cards - just provide me with the appropriate information - cards will go out 6.25-6.30

Hi! I sent you a PM! Let me know, I'll send address!!

:earsgirl: shopgirl(arly)

UrsulasShadow
06-19-2005, 06:56 PM
I know this is jumping the gun a little, but I would love to send some kids some postcards from Disney. I'm going Christmas week 2005, so if you're going after me, I'll happily oblige.

WDW1st-timers
06-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm willing to send out post cards for my trip on Sept 11th. If you are in need please let me know.

Also I have 2 little girls who are 5 and 7 who have never been to disney and I'm sure who would love to recieve a post card. If you can help please let me know.

shopgirl72
06-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Hi! All of my postcards are spoken for!! Keep this thread going, it is a wonderful thing to do!!!

Zoo Keeper
06-19-2005, 08:53 PM
DD and I will be there 7/21-7/29.
We would love to send a few postcards to share the magic. :wizard:
PM me with the details.

By the way, if anyone would like to send my DD one, please let me know.

BkrsLoveDis!
06-20-2005, 01:30 PM
WDW1stTimers - just sent you a PM - thanks in advance if you can do this for our DD!

What a great idea - we'll be glad to participate when we go in November - will post again when it's closer to time to see if anyone needs postcards in November/December!

Cyn :earsgirl:

Taylorbell
06-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Hey All!

We are going July 15th - 23rd! I am going to send out 5 postcards if anybody needs one sent. Just PM me and we'll get together with all the information.

Amy

Zoo Keeper
06-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Bump :bounce:

heathersmom
06-21-2005, 07:29 AM
I just wanted to let you know that I have 8 people I'm sending postcards to. So, I'm not able to send anymore. I hope everyone enjoys their postcards. ::MickeyMo

miste76
06-21-2005, 07:50 AM
If anyone would like a postcard sent during this time, please send me a PM.
Also, if anyone is going during the next week or two... I'd love to have one sent to my family. TIA!!!

GGOOFY1
06-21-2005, 07:54 AM
I'm also going 7-15 to 7-23, so if anyone would like to PM with their information i would be happy to send out postcards. I love this idea, I wish my kids were young again. :cheer2: :cheer2:
:hourglass 24 days till we go home to OKW
:earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: pirate:
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: Dance with me :cheer2: :cheer2:

ANTSS2001
06-21-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm also going 7-15 to 7-23, so if anyone would like to PM with their information i would be happy to send out postcards. I love this idea, I wish my kids were young again. :cheer2: :cheer2:
:hourglass 24 days till we go home to OKW
:earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: pirate:
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: Dance with me :cheer2: :cheer2:

silly we're all young at heart! we can send one for them and also your significant other! anything to break the monotony of anybodys routine....am taking 10 for Sept 24 - Oct 1st if you are interested.... no age limit here:goodvibes

indigoxtreme
06-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Hello everyone, my granddaughter has been the receipient of a couple post cards from some kind DIS'ers. We will be going Sept 3 and leave on the 11th. I will be most happy to PAY IT FORWARD during this time. Please PM me your info, name address favorite character, any special occassion being celebrated during your trip etc.

Lynn

Zoo Keeper
06-22-2005, 06:16 PM
DD and I can send more postcards. We'll be there 7/21-7/29.
PM me with your info.
Looking forward to spreading the magic. :wizard:

PixieDust32
06-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey All!

We are going July 15th - 23rd! I am going to send out 5 postcards if anybody needs one sent. Just PM me and we'll get together with all the information.

Amy

HI AMY

Yes I will love to have a postcard send to my kids.
how can i give you my info.

PixieDust32
06-24-2005, 05:59 PM
CAN SOMEONE SEND POST CARD TO MY KIDS BEFORE AUG 1 2005?
PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

AND WE ALSO CAN DO THE SAME FOR YOU GUYS, OUR TRIP IS FROM 8-1 TO 8-7 2005, I BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SEND POSTCARDS, JUST LET ME KNOW BY PRIVATE MESSAGE, OR MY E-MAIL
davidyroxy@aol.com

Enigma2729@yahoo.com

kgkmom
06-24-2005, 07:55 PM
This is a great idea! We'll be there 8/18-8/23. Happy to send a few postcards! PM me with details-child's name, favorite top three characters (in order of preference), address, and any special info.

We'll send 5 or so.

aplejax76
06-24-2005, 08:02 PM
We will be going to Disney July 26- Aug.3. Pm me with their names, favorite character, back up character and a message you would like me to write. I will take the first 5 people that pm me.

melanie03ok
07-02-2005, 01:07 PM
We will be going to Disney July 16-23. PM me if you'd like a postcard sent. I'll take the first 5 people that PM me.

Please let me know names, favorite character, back up character(s) and a message you would like me to write.

ETA: I've reached my limit plus a couple extra just because :flower: I'm looking forward to sending postcards to WDW1st-timers, knoxt, MOM POPPINS, and lilallybean.

iluvstitch
07-04-2005, 04:52 PM
I would love to participate in this as well - I will be in WDW Sept. 12-19th - PM me, I'd love to send postcards to make some little ones smile!

lilallybean
07-05-2005, 08:59 AM
I am looking for a replacement Fairy Godperson...the person who was ging to do our postcards lost their suitcases. I have 4 lil ones who would LOVE to get postcards. We leave for the world on July 28th. If you are willing to help please PM me. Thanks in advance, and I would like to send 4 or 5 postcards back.

TKERBELL
07-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Family trip is planned - October 8 - 14 - I will gladly send postcards to some kiddos - I have 3 boys and we would love if someone is going in September to send ours a postcard - one for all 3 is fine with us.

This is the greatest idea I have seen or heard in a VERY long time.....

Talk about keeping the Magic alive........ :jumping1:

iluvstitch
07-05-2005, 12:45 PM
I say we need to keep this thread going - this is such a great idea! So :wave2: ....BUMP!

kizmac
07-05-2005, 02:57 PM
WONDERFUL idea! We will be there 9/23-10/1 and would be happy to send some. Email me if interested! I can probably handle doing up to 5.

kgkmom
07-06-2005, 01:53 PM
So far we're sending to StephSAP and WDW1st-timers, so we have some room left for postcards! We'll be there 8/18-23.

WDW1st-timers
07-06-2005, 02:13 PM
I still have room for 1 or 2 more postcards to be sent out. One family cancelled due to changing date plans so now I have room to send to another family. Email me if you need a post card sent. I still want to keep it at us sending 10 out. This is a great thing to do!!!