PDA

View Full Version : Tell us the story of your user name and tags...

mbb
01-15-2005, 03:58 AM
Not quite a trip planning question, I know...;) but we're a Community Board too:)

I'm just my initals...when I originally started posting, it was "just a few questions about DVC..." HAH! Look where that's got me;) 160 points and a thousand or so posts later!!:)

My tags - thanks TF! - The Neil Diamond one is for my mom, courtesy of delswife. When I was little, my mom and her sisters would play and sing to Neil's songs...over and over;) One of delswife's trip reports was titled "where it began", and, of course..."Sweet Caroline, dum dum dum..." I thought her post was a secret shout out to Neil's fans...of which, I *sigh* am one...;)

The wishing one is...a hello to the Tag Fairy;)

and the last...my favourite...our first trip to WDW, our boys' vocabularies were just starting to blossom..."Night Sparkles" was their word for fireworks...and every night at the Polynesian, we watched the Night Sparkles from our room...to the "ohhhh, mommy...looooook daddy!" delight of them discovering magic...

So there you go...tell us yours:)

:sunny:

GrannyEv
01-15-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm afraid I don't have much of a Disney imagination!!LOL
My handle is GrannyEv. I'm a grandmother of six (a very young one at that!! :sunny: My last name starts with the initials EV.

PoohBWV
01-15-2005, 09:41 AM
My name is just a combo of favourite character and favourite resort. I can't remember where the pudding shots thing came from other than there was a thread about pudding shots once on another board. And as for the other tag, obviously, as I think we all are I am proud to be a Canadian.

cabmom
01-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Mother of Connor, Aaron and Brett! I'm pretty much tagless, except for the generic one that we are given. :rolleyes:

Marilynn

Sandyincanada
01-15-2005, 10:22 AM
I don't think mine is hard to figure out, :earboy2:

twinz
01-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Our screen name is from the fact that we are twins.
Our tags...
We BOTH LOVE the Men in Black ride in Universal Studios. Once when we were there we would just go through Baby Swap, and go on the ride again over and over (it was not busy AT ALL).
We love the little things Disney does
I am a MAJOR fan of Donnie Wahlberg (formerally of the New Kids On The Block, and the television show BOOMTOWN). I have been a fan for approximately 15 years, my sister likes another "member".

ChisJo
01-15-2005, 12:28 PM
When I started on this board in January 2001, I was engaged to a man named Chris and my name is Joline, so we tried to combine our names and came up with ChisJo. We are now no longer together, but I don't mind the name too much - I use that name for many of my logins, and just cannot get rid of it.
As for my "tag", I have been a college student for 6 years, and still do not have a degree. I have changed my mind about a career about 10 times, and have finally settled on nursing. I have 2 years to go and I will have my degree, which is good, because then I really can finally afford to go to WDW! My dream job is to be a nurse in WDW!
Jo

magicmouse2
01-15-2005, 12:30 PM
i AM Not Canadian, but Mickey is magic to us, he is a mouse, this is a second Attempt at the disboards...!
Magicmouse2 :wizard: :earboy2:

Vivig
01-15-2005, 05:28 PM
My Tag name is from a Nickname I got from my family and close friends when I was a child.

IT is abbreviated for Vivian.

I never minded it...and am still referred to it by my Best friend and parents.

Long story ...sorry

Vivian

princess pooh
01-15-2005, 09:36 PM
I wanted to call myself Princess Poo but I chickened out :blush:

My tag came courtesy of one of Esmeralda X's threads on the community board. Someone had stolen a carton of milk from her office fridge the same day as someone stole a book from my kindergarten class.

hockey mom
01-15-2005, 10:20 PM
When I signed up I had 3 kids playing hockey and that Christmas they gave me personalized plates "HCKY MOM" , so I used it for my dis name. Now I am down to one still playing but travelling 3 times as much.

Thanks to the tag fairy I don't have to tell everyone how much I love the napkin dance at Chef Mickeys.

Mickey&JoshNut
01-15-2005, 10:24 PM
My user name is for my two obsessions Mickey Mouse & Josh Groban!!!!

As for the tags, I just have the one that was given to me I guess.

Elaine

iluvwesties
01-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Can you guess what type of dog is my favorite???

For those who don't know dogs, Westies are West Highland White Terriers of which I have a 10month old puppy named MacKenzie. She is the love of my family's life along with Disney. When we go to Disney, MacKenzie goes to my parents home on vacation. She loves her Grandparents!!! She will be visiting them again soon!!!

Still waiting for that "Tag Fairy" to get me!!!

iluvwesties (AKA Carol)

Limmer
01-15-2005, 11:15 PM
My whole family has called me "a Limmer" since I was born. I was told it was an affectionate way to say brat! It got shortened to Limmer and some of my really young cousins actually think that is my name. LOL!

Cujo
01-16-2005, 12:20 AM
At the time I signed up with the Dis, Cujo was playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs and was a household name in a Leaf crazy house.

:cool1:

Sandra

:earsgirl: :firefight

popeyeohoh
01-16-2005, 12:30 AM
Boring story about mine. But I noticed today that there is another popeye on these boards. Does anyone mind that other posters have a name very close to yours? Just asking I don't mind.

Tabetha
01-16-2005, 01:29 AM
Oh, how boring I am... My name is, well, my name!

And tagless to boot.

Parkerpooh
01-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Our son's name is Parker and we love Pooh! Still,currently tagless :guilty: .

totalia
01-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Ok, I'm insanely dorky lol. I used to play Dungeons and Dragons alot (ALOT) when I was about 19 or 20 years old. Totalia is the name of my favorite character from my DnD days. I haven't seen anyone else use it on the net so I use it for myself.

My tag, well that's obvious. lol

I made a post that said exactly what my tag says and one of the tag fairies thought it was funny and quotable so they added it.

surfer_ed
01-16-2005, 03:56 PM
I like to surf (from Nova Scotia) and my name is Ed. Not that original.

KerriMc
01-16-2005, 04:23 PM
My story is boring too ... should have been more creative, but its the name I use the most on the net ... it is part of my first name (Kerrilee) and the first letters of my maiden name (the Mc).

No tags yet ...

I did notice I am no longer just "Earning My Ears", but am now a Mouseketeer !! Yaaa!!

Kerri

Susan--Ontario
01-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Mine's reallly hard to figure out. I'm susan and I live in Ontario.

The tag fairy never seems to visit the Canadian board or the WISH board where I hang out. I don't have time to visit the other boards or else I'd end up unemployed and DISing all day long!!! :rolleyes:

Abba98
01-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Hi in Nova Scotia,
Ready for that snow tonite?My user name here is Abba98.My youngest's dogs name is Bowser but his nickname is Abba great and powerful........when was he born? You guessed it,'98........
Have a great trip,see you're off to OKW soon!Wish I was going too!
Kirsten in the Valley! :rockband:

Somefunmum
01-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Mine has a bit of a story behind it.
DH and I married in 1988 but our first child didn't come along until 1995.
BIG adjustment.
It is for everyone, I know, but we had become really set in our ways. As our little one grew, we realized that we had spent an awful lot of time focusing on being parents and had all but forgotten about each other. Easily fixed by just making time for each other. The code phrase for our alone time became "somefun". We say it like it's one word.

Sadly, no visits from the tag fairy yet.

BitsnBearsMom
01-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Another original person here.... I am mom to Bits and Bear (aka Tim-bits and Riley bear) Not too original but I use it everywhere! Easy to remember!!

No tags other then the genaric one.... I'm tagless!!

poffles
01-17-2005, 11:30 AM
My username originated from another site I tried to join several years ago. Being a very active site, I had tried many usernames and everything was used and I don't like adding numbers to the end so I went looking through the house for something to help me think of something good to use. Having collected Krystonian figurines (some of you may know what I mean) there is one that is rolling on its back laughing and it was so appropriate. As you can figure its name is Poffles.

This has become my ID for many sites and it never ceases to be original. It makes it so easy to be able to use the same ID everywhere.

Dr.Seuss
01-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Well everyone seems to think mine is because I like the Dr, which I do but.... Truthfully, it's a play off my last name. See I have a strange last name that no one can pronounce so I just tell them it's pronounced just like the Dr. I always thought it would be really cool to be a pediatrician and walk into the room wearing a hat and just see how the kids react!

mbb
01-17-2005, 01:16 PM
5 more days, though;)

There is another MB around - I thinks she's a Mary Beth too - there's not many of us;) So it's cool to see someone else with "your" name!LOL!

But do you like Green Eggs and Ham, Dr. Seuss? I think that would be a prerequisite;)

Dr.Seuss
01-17-2005, 02:39 PM
I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam I am!
Sorry had to be done!

RC Fan
01-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Mine is pretty simple as well: RC stands for Roller Coaster of course! Perhaps instead of RC Fan I should have used RC Addict. My boyfriend thinks I am crazy for it, but I really do love coasters!

No tags yet. :flower1:

Cathy

MaMudduck
01-18-2005, 01:58 PM
I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam I am!
Sorry had to be done!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Ok, mines alittle weird....."Ma" is the the hip hop slang for Mom -ie: MawDawg
Mud-Duck has 2 meanings mudduck is very close to the spelling of my last name (just change 3 letters), it's also is a term I call DH & DD when they love to go out 4X4 off roading- the truck comes home covered in mud making them Ducks that love the mud.

"Disney Princess Forever" is I statement I made about myself regarding OWNING (Scratch it's mine remember! :earboy2: ) the castle and a tag fairy nabbed me.

"Has fun at the practice place" was when a few of us were posting music on the tech board and we didn't want them to close the thread down (music uses alot of bandwidth stuff) 'cuz we had fun @.........

Wish Upon A Star
01-18-2005, 02:16 PM
My user name is my favorite Disney song.

The tag "Caught Being Crabby" comes from the h.s. where I work. Every Friday the principal names students who were "Caught Being Excellent" for that week and one of the custodians always told me he was going to submit my name for "Caught Being Crabby" because he felt I was always crabby to him. It was a running joke for several years . . . :rolleyes:

The "Corn Cool" tag comes from the TF . . .and I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that means . . . :blush:

The "Wears Dorothy's Red Heels" tag also comes from the TF. I answered a post where I told the OP to click her heals 3x times and wish really hard that the TF would leave her a tag . . .

DisneySpence
01-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Disney Spence my middle name is Spencer and no tags.

fun & fancy free
01-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Mine is totally by accident. I was trying to think of a name and had asked for my 4&5 dd's help. Well all heck broke lose. Before I could stop them the 4yo dd whacked the 5 yo dd over the head with a video. You guessed it that video was FUN AND FANCY FREE. I abruptly put them both in timeout and signed in officially as me.

:wave: :wave2: princess: princess:

Yacht Club Guy
01-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Hi! :charac2: As you would think, I LIKE THE YC. WRONG! :D *lol* I have no clue why I put that there... :rolleyes: Anyways, Under my name it says- "having a Disney Day!" That is because: 1) I am :rolleyes: 2)In lots of posts, people say 'have a disney day', so I am repling to that!

As for my signature, it represents me. I am very arts-influenced (the violins), as I play The Flute :cheer2:. The rest is all fun, with my favorite DIS saying- "No DISney In My Future. YET......." The rest is basic information, with all of our opcoming trips, ect. So there you have it! :earboy2:

:Pinkbounc Great Question/Topic! :Pinkbounc

-Yacht Club Guy
(Magical Flutist) :charac2: :wizard:

ChisJo
01-18-2005, 07:21 PM
RC fan - I always thought that your name represented your love for RC cola! Sometimes, I swear, my mind isn't working right....

mbb
01-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Mine is totally by accident. I was trying to think of a name and had asked for my 4&5 dd's help. Well all heck broke lose. Before I could stop them the 4yo dd whacked the 5 yo dd over the head with a video. You guessed it that video was FUN AND FANCY FREE. I abruptly put them both in timeout and signed in officially as me.

:wave: :wave2: princess: princess:

Toooo funny!
My kids LOVE that video!!

RC Fan...I always thought you were a Royal Canadian Fan!LOL! But the cola works too:)

...and MaMudduck...never fails, I ALWAYS "hear" in my head: MamaDuck!

Have a Disney Day! ;);)

G00fyDad
01-18-2005, 08:51 PM
If you knew me with my kids you would understand. I love embarassing them.

MaMudduck
01-18-2005, 10:21 PM
...and MaMudduck...never fails, I ALWAYS "hear" in my head: MamaDuck!

Have a Disney Day! ;);)

That's ok....many DISers call me that, so much that now Lil'Mudduck-aka DD-aka Lauren, calls me than at home!

RC Fan
01-19-2005, 09:08 AM
Hi ChrisJo & mbb!

I do like cola, especially when accompanied by rum! :drinking1

I also like the Royal Canadian Airfarce! :laughing:

This was a good idea for a thread. :D

Grumbo
01-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Combination of my first and last name, and nickname at work.
I could tell you how Scratch 42 got her screen name but it was a part of our divorce settlement so can't divulge it. ;)

The tags were my response to a 35 page whining thread who wanted tags and told them to give it a rest. If you get one Que sera sera. :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

mbb
01-19-2005, 12:27 PM
I could tell you how Scratch 42 got her screen name but it was a part of our divorce settlement so can't divulge it. ;).......

Cheers,
Grumbo

...and she got the Costco card, too???;);)

I'm sorry, Grumbo, but the whole visual I have of you standing around in CostCo, waiting - and grumbling!! - for your wife just makes me grin...my DH does it too!!

Grumbo
01-19-2005, 12:35 PM
...and she got the Costco card, too???;);)

I'm sorry, Grumbo, but the whole visual I have of you standing around in CostCo, waiting - and grumbling!! - for your wife just makes me grin...my DH does it too!!

Geez trust a woman to bring up the Devil's Temple - Costco and spoil a perfectly good thread!!! AGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

No Janet kept the card. I didn't want it!!! ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo

maryliz
01-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Gee ... I always knew I didn't have a creative bone in my body, and my user name is proof-positive. My name is Mary-Liz. As for the tag, I was explaining the difference between the BF (bloat fairy), the WF (whoosh fairy), and the TF (tag fairy) to a newbie on the WISH board. I had been away from the board for a while so I ended my post with " I've been away from here for so long that the tag fairy doesn't even know who I am". About a day later, I got my tag :Pinkbounc

This is a great thread!

Mary-Liz

ChisJo
01-19-2005, 06:52 PM
I was explaining the difference between the BF (bloat fairy), the WF (whoosh fairy), and the TF (tag fairy) to a newbie on the WISH board.

I would love to see this thread.... :laughing:

pkitty
01-19-2005, 07:04 PM
PKITTY.

Well DD convinced DW and I to adopt a kitten about 5 years ago and so we rescued a field kitty from Northern Ontario and gave it an opportunity for a long and happy life. Happy yes he's a fat one. He just happen's to have the color of a peach so we name him Peaches. So when DW started on this board she thought PKITTY was a good handle. Its sounds good to me too. So there it is. We all love him very very much.

Snowwark
01-20-2005, 09:28 AM
My username is a nod to my favourite Disney character, Snow White, combined with my last name. :)

My tags, well, more than my plants lean to the left. ;) :)

The nice friends tag refers to some happy times at WDW! :)

Great thread mbb!! ::yes:: :)

Kim

SplashMom
01-20-2005, 10:23 AM
My username is a combination of my favorite ride at Magic Kingdom and of course, the mom part is easy to figure out. I can only aspire to have the wonderful tags that so many of you have. I'll have to settle for Earning My Ears for now!! :flower1:

Eskie_Lover
01-20-2005, 12:26 PM
My user name is based on my favourite breed of dog - the American Eskimo. I have 2 dogs & 3 cats, but Kokie (my Eskie), was given to us as a house warming present, and she just stole my heart right then and there. Although I love all my babies, she has, and will always have a very special place in my heart.

I picked "Earning my Ears" as my tag since I used to go almost yearly (Christmas just doesn't seem right without palm trees & Mickey Mouse), but haven't been in 10 years so I have lots to rediscover and even more to see for the first time!

mississaugamom
01-20-2005, 07:16 PM
How's this for unoriginal?? Where I live and that I'm Lara's Mom! :rolleyes:

That's OK though - the Americans ALWAYS ask what Mississauga is!

Arlene

Grumbo
01-20-2005, 07:21 PM
How's this for unoriginal?? Where I live and that I'm Lara's Mom! :rolleyes:

That's OK though - the Americans ALWAYS ask what Mississauga is!

Arlene

So do the Canadians north of Hwy 7 ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo