PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else have this problem??

PrincessTrisha
01-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Ever since I started telling people (friends, co-workers, etc) that I will be going to Disney World, I have gotten so many requests of

"Oh, I just love ______ , I'll give you money to bring me back something."

One co worker, even said she'd just give me her bank card!

I don't mind being nice, but I can only bring back so much stuff. And I have things that I want, gifts for my friends and family, etc.

I mean really, if I bring back all of the "requests" I will have used up my 7 day allowance of $750 Cdn.

But how do you nicely say, "No."?

puckerup:

cottontail
01-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Hi:

We find that we don't really have enough time to do the things that we want to do at wdw, even on a 8 day stay. I might get a half day of shopping but that is about that. But even with that I have a hard enough time buying for my own family for future birthday, xmas etc.

I don't like to buy in the parks and carry things around with us.

Although it doesn't help that my hubby hates shopping.

Deb.

Yzma and Kronk
01-13-2005, 03:00 PM
It sounds like when you go to Vegas and people say, "I'll give you some money to bet for me." :sad2:

Just politely say you probably won't have much time for shopping, then show them a nicely prepared "commando" DIS itinerary. That should do it!

Scratch42
01-13-2005, 04:00 PM
I'll only do it for my DISFriends!

And then if I don't get a chance, they understand, 'cause they know we'll be going back!LOL

Scratch

kikipug
01-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Tell them you are flying with a carryon only, and not checking any luggage... no room for stuff!!!!

snoopyandpooh
01-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Tell them you are flying with a carryon only, and not checking any luggage... no room for stuff!!!!
I wish that works, my boss said she will buy me a suitcase to bring her stuff back! That's why I never tell my coworkers where I am going anymore.

lilsonicfan
01-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Tell them you'll mail their stuff to them (so you can stay under your limit) - with a 20% surcharge for having to go to the post office on your vacation :)