PDA

View Full Version : Has any ordered anything from the Disney Direct website?

elismom
01-12-2005, 12:42 PM
They have some really nice christmas stuff on sale and I was wondering what the shipping prices would be like?

bunnyfoo
01-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Pretty pricey as far as I remember ... and then you also have to pay duty/taxes when your order crosses the border. I wanted to order a lamp from them but the shipping came up to the same price as the lamp :earseek:

Amberle3
01-12-2005, 03:11 PM
About 2 years ago I found some really nice sweatshirts on sale. I was going to purchase a few of them, had them in the cart and the total was something like $24. Shipping was around $30! And then there's duty to contend with, and if they ship it by UPS you have their ever-popular "brokerage fee" too.

I ended up placing the order and having the stuff shipped to a friend in the US, who then sent it to me for much less.

bunnyfoo
01-12-2005, 03:25 PM
The last thing I had ordered from them was from DHL. I don't think they had a ridiculous brokerage fee (I don't ship UPS anymore because of that) but there was about $15-$20 in taxes and fees.

I agree with Amberle3's suggestion that if you know someone in the US, have it shipped to them. I have a friend in Buffalo who brings me back things I've ordered from the US every so often :)