PDA

View Full Version : Small US$ bills for tipping

Me2Me
01-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Hi -
Any suggestions on how to accumulate some US$ ones & twos? Last time we went to the local bank branch but they keep very little on hand. I'd prefer to have the cash before we leave but we're going to fly out of Buffalo so maybe we exchange some at a store over there before we leave.
Thanks.

jersey shark
01-10-2005, 08:45 PM
I always need singles for tipping too, I tend to just buy a newspaper with a $5 or $10 bill and request singles in the change.

By the way, we have no $2 bill in wide circulation in the USA!

Hope this helps

Me2Me
01-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Thanks jersey shark. I'd forgotten that there were no twos there! No wonder we needed to accumulate a wad of ones.

Sandyincanada
01-10-2005, 11:14 PM
If you call the bank and give the abit of notice they will save some ones for you, at least TD will do that for us. We do that alot when we are going to AI's.

totalia
01-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Hi -
Any suggestions on how to accumulate some US$ ones & twos? Last time we went to the local bank branch but they keep very little on hand. I'd prefer to have the cash before we leave but we're going to fly out of Buffalo so maybe we exchange some at a store over there before we leave.
Thanks.

Stop at an exchange before you go through the border to get some. Other than that, banks have very few small bills.

Mortlives
01-11-2005, 09:41 AM
If you're in a small town (at a guess?), is there a large city near you where you can go the bank? I routinely go into any branch here, and request 20 * $1US, and there's never been a problem. Or maybe that's just a benefit of TDCanadaTrust?

Kungaloosh!
Morticia.

Me2Me
01-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Thanks - good suggestions. I do bank at TD but I guess I'll have to get into a bigger city.

PrincessTrisha
01-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Generally, I just ask at the first US store I come to. Explain the situation and they are usually happy to comply.

puckerup: