View Full Version : Travelling with kids - BirthCertificates

01-10-2005, 05:09 PM
WE are going to DisneyWorld at the beginning of February. Can anyone tell me if I should take the long form or the card form of the kids birth certificates? I am assuming my birth certificate in card form is fine - but thought the long form showed the parents names?


01-10-2005, 07:59 PM
If your married and/or there are no custody issues at all, the card form is fine.

01-10-2005, 08:41 PM
My aunt needed to take the long form in Sept but that may be because she is divorced and her last name is not the same as her sons. She also had to have a letter from his father before they would let her on the plane.

01-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks - we are married but I may just take both just to be sure.


01-10-2005, 09:37 PM
If your married, the card is fine. I've never brought the long forms (not even sure where they are, lol). You only need the card to get a passport as well. It only gets tricky if you are divorced, etc....you didn't say one way or the other so I thought I better mention it just in case. :)