PDA

View Full Version : shrimp for dinner

dondiego
04-28-2001, 03:04 PM
I've posted this before, but we had it for dinner last night and it is such an easy recipe I thought I'd share it again: take about a pound or so of shrimp - if you use large shrimp, peel and clean them (small ones can be cooked in the shell and peeled as ya eat 'em). Boil the shrimp in beer (about 2 - 3 bottles) to which you have added old bay seasoning ( a tablespoon more or less - i.e. " to taste") . It only takes a few minutes of boiling (3-5 minutes). Serve with your favorite shrimp dipping sauces....that's it!!

pumba
04-28-2001, 04:05 PM
and this sounds really easy to do......thanks:bounce:

dondiego
04-29-2001, 02:49 AM
pumba...I've never tried it with frozen shrimp...if you do, I'd be interested in knowing what the results are. btw..thanks for all the wonderful recipes you share with us. ..dondiego

Chip126
05-09-2001, 12:22 PM
Do you serve this hot or cold??? Can this be eaten as an appetizer?? Do you dip it in butter or cocktail sauce??

TIA,
Kim

pumba
05-09-2001, 01:33 PM
I used.......and the outcome of this recipe.....would probably been delicious.....but.....my shirmps were mush.....next time I will do it without the froZen start.........the flavor was still there......but shrimp need a little gusto.....and the gusto was gone...........:jester:

dondiego
05-09-2001, 03:36 PM
Chip126....it's very versatile...I serve it hot but I think it would work cold.... would also work as an appetizer...any dip that works for shrimp would be good with this dish...I've not tried butter as a dipping medium for shrimp but a little warm butter sounds good....kind of a scampi flavor....

Pumba....sorry to hear the frozen didn't work...that would have been a nice option.

pumba
05-09-2001, 07:26 PM
to do this again.......the flavor was really good......so regardless of mush shrimp.......it was still mighty good.......thanks and guess what .......shrimp are on sale in the market........thanks again