View Full Version : Reaching for help: Victoria, BC
01-07-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm taking a group of girls (Age 14-18) to victoria bc for a tournament in Feb. We're looking for a hotel right now, and I thought I might reach out to the thousands of DISMemebrs to see if anyone has ideas of where might be a safe place to stay with 24 teenage girls. It would be nice to have shopping/tourist stuff nearby, but that's not a huge deal, as long as it's safe (interior corridors etc
Also, we need a hotel for one night in vancouver, near the airport. Any suggestions?
thanks in advance
01-09-2005, 01:55 PM
We've stayed at the Royal Scot Suite hotel. Is is just across the street from the harbour and within walking distance to everything. We've had a 1 bedroom with full kitchen. It also has balconys and an indoor pool. Very clean. The carrage rides are just outside the door.
01-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Victoria still have few chain hotels, but Fairmont, Delta, Marriott are represented, along with a lot of more budget concious chains like Best Western, Ramada, Holiday Inn, etc
Please note that a lot of the lower priced properties are along the Douglas St area which is probably not where you would want to have your group stay.
I vote for hotels near the Inner Harbour, or like the previous poster, in the area of the Parliament Buildings.
So long as your dates are not over Valentine's or President's Day weekend, you should be able to get a good rate. Are you going to have 4/room? Usually hotels will negotiate group rates for 10 or more rooms, so that's something to consider.
Re Vancouver Airport hotels - again, lots of choice. The budget type chains are mostly near Bridgeport Road area, which is not in the 'heart' of Richmond. The Marriott, Hilton, Richmond Inn, and one of the Ramadas and Quality Inns are right in the heart of Richmond, and a 5-10 minute shuttle ride to the airport. The Fairmont is right inside the terminal, but winter is their peak season so rates are high. The Delta is the next closest, and you may find favourable rates there, but it too is not in the heart of the city (ie not close to shopping, etc but if it's the last night, that probably won't be a concern)
Please let me know if I can help - I am not often on the boards anymore but will keep an eye out for you if you like!
I live in Richmond near the airport, so I can give you the hotels near the malls. Richmond is safe in all these areas.
* Marriott (on Westminster Hwy and Minoru) is adjacent to the Richmond Center Mall, which is huge, and there are loads of restaurants within walking distance.
* Hilton (behind the Marriott), so close to the same mall and walking distance to restaurants.
* La Quinta (on Alderbridge), newly built and recently opened hotel, across the street from Lansdowne Mall and walking distance to restaurants.
* Sheraton Four Points (on Alderbridge), across the street from Lansdowne Mall and walking distance to loads of restaurants.
* Executive Inn (on Westminster Hwy), next door to the Marriott
* Ramada and Quality Inn are next door to each other on Westminster Hway and Alderbridge Way, just a 5-8 min walk to Richmond Center Mall.
In Victoria, we REALLY enjoyed staying at the Delta Ocean Pointe hotel. In the evenings, they have cookies and milk. We've also stayed at the Fairmont Empress, which is nice but not a real kiddie-type of hotel.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.