PDA

View Full Version : It's snowing in the West Coast!

c&m
01-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Vancouver and Victoria is snowing! Traffic is a mess, and there's talk of schools being shut down tomorrow.

I think I'm hearing some chuckling coming from the east...

PoohBWV
01-06-2005, 04:04 PM
I'll have to call my aunt in Vancouver this evening. She loves to tell me about her daffodils that flower in February. :earboy2:

The sun is supposed to be shining in Chatham, Ontario tomorrow!

PanamaMike
01-06-2005, 04:26 PM
I had to laugh this morning...I flipped past Seattle's FOX station Q-13 and they were discussing (with big important graphics to go with it) "THE DEEP FREEZE".
At 8:15 am in Seattle it was 36F...the lows this week are expected to be in the high 20s..and they're calling it a Deep Freeze? While it may be cooler than they are used to in that region, it is hardly a deep freeze.

bunnyfoo
01-07-2005, 11:17 AM
I had a smile yesterday too when I watched the news and saw footage of the drivers sliding around in the snow :) Of course in Toronto as soon as it snows, we get our share of accidents as well ... so maybe we're no better *lol* ;)

ChisJo
01-07-2005, 03:45 PM
:laughing: :rotfl:
Okay, so I shouldn't be laughing, but we have had snow for a while, and I can't really be feeling sorry for you.
But, I do hope that people take the proper precautions and stay safe.
Jo

c&m
01-07-2005, 04:09 PM
It's just dumping snow today again. Driving is more treacherous today than yesterday because of the ice on the roads.

Can you believe the city *forgot* to salt a major artery to downtown yesterday??? Some people are driving without snow tires. And some are still speeding. Yikes!!! I think it's wise just to stay home than to encounter unprepared/inexperienced drivers.

Tantor
01-10-2005, 11:52 AM
It's all those hills in Vancouver and surrounding areas that help with the accidents. It is also a very wet snow and terrible to drive in. I lived there for 35 years. I never liked it when it snowed.