PDA

View Full Version : Flights to Orlando from Saskatoon, SK

spsneman
01-06-2005, 08:38 AM
In the last 10 years I have made several trips down to Orlando from Saskatoon and currently the only airline with a direct flight from Saskatoon to Orlando with a 1 hr layover in Minneapolis is Northwestern. They have had this flight market cornered for years and there are never any seat sales to be had with this destination.
West jet now offers flights down to Orlando, however you have to overnight on the way down in Calgary which is hard when you are travelling with children. I would like to see Westjet offer a same day direct flight, even via another major Canadian city at discount fares to give Northwestern some competition. I have sent an email to feedback@westjet.com to express my concerns, and hopefully in the future we can see some positive changes made which would increase the travel on Canadian Airlines with discount fares to match.
Diseny Cruise 2006 :Pinkbounc

Chickkypoo
01-07-2005, 04:28 AM
I sent a feedback e-mail to Westjet as well after my flight from Regina to Orlando. I feel it''s rediculous that we have to overnight in Calgary, especially with how many flights go there a day. I thought at the least if we had to over night, they would get us into Calgary earlier in the day, so it would be worth the money renting a hotel room.

I also complained to them about the way their Orlando flights via Toronto were set up as well. To fly from Regina via Toronto, you have to fly to Calgary first, then to Toronto, then to Orlando. I thought maybe then it would be worth the drive to Winnipeg, but no, same thing, Winnipeg - Calgary - Toronto then Orlando. Doesn't make any sense to me other than the fact that they are obviously trying to boost their flight sales out of Calgary. I told them if things don't change before my next trip, I'll be flying Northwest!

Just my gripe for the day ....

~Jamie-Lyn~