PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Airline Tickets

Dr.Seuss
01-05-2005, 11:58 AM
We are heading to Florida in Feb. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a cheap airline. We have 2 adults and 3 children (5,3,1) we will be bringing car seats because we plan on travelling.
Thanks in advance

DutchsMommy
01-05-2005, 12:27 PM
We are travelling on Southwest - flying out of Buffalo. Not sure where you live, but our SW flights (Feb 7-17) ended up at $29 each way. Those rates are gone now, but they are still cheaper than flying out of Canada.

Tabetha
01-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Yes, Southwest has amazing prices.

If you're not in an area close to the border, Jetsgo is currently having a seat sale. They used to be our first choice before I discovered the wonderful world of SWA!

flyingenie
01-05-2005, 04:06 PM
just to elaborate on the jetsgo offer, it's $20.05 one way from any destination to any other destination they fly to... provided you pay the full fare on the way back. I think the sale ends Jan 14 or 15?

Taryn
01-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Hi,

I just booked today and I was really surprised. I got Toronto (YYZ) to MCO for $89 each way through... get this... Air Canada! I'm going May 10 - 17. Now $89 each way once you add the taxes is $281.00 total but that the best I've ever done with Air Canada and you can use Magical Express.

I looked at Jetsgo but don't they just go to Sanford? I didn't really want to do that since I am not renting a car.

I'm happy...

PoohBWV
01-06-2005, 01:56 AM
Glad things worked out for you!

chasbos
01-06-2005, 09:13 AM
I have to give my vote to SouthWest Airlines - as long as you are close to a US airport like Buffalo or Detroit. We are flying in 2 weeks for $90 canadian a person on SWA out of Buffalo. That was through their seat sale and I have checked the prices recently for the week are going Jan 21-28 and the price is about $180 canadian.

But this only matters if you are close to Buffalo.

Eskie_Lover
01-07-2005, 07:19 AM
What's the seating like on SouthWest? I'm 6 feet tall, obese (but starting to decline YIPPEE!) and all my height in my legs, so flying is normally a torture experience for me.

I've been flying with West Jet lately and they actually have leg room (I actually have a centimeter or two between my knees and the seat in front of me!!), but they didn't have any seat sales to Orlando, so I know I paid more than if I had actually looked at other airlines, but I figured being able to walk when I got off the plane was more important than saving money....

We are only 2 hours away from Buffalo, so if there are any good US airlines, with lots of leg room, please let me know so I can check them out in the future.

Exp.626Stitch
01-07-2005, 10:22 AM
We just booked with Air Transat flying out of YYZ for $266. We were going to fly with SW but after the drive and hotel we weren't saving enough for the hassle. I like the fact that we fly out later going to MCO and coming home we don't leave till 11:00 at night. This way I don't have to be up at 2:00am to make my flight and than the rest of my day is ruined because I'm so tired.

DutchsMommy
01-12-2005, 01:56 PM
You might post your question on the Transportation board as well - lots of people with SWA experience there - we have never flown so I can't comment.

Dr.Seuss
01-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Looks like based on the prices and the number of people that are going, we are going to take the drive down! We will be spreading it out over a longer period of time but lots of activities for the boys!
Thanks

alohamom
01-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Eskie Lover, my DH is quite tall and when we first flew with Southwest a few years ago all he did was rave about how much leg room he had. It is always a concern for us but not so on SWA. However, I did see on the website that they have replaced all the seats with leather ones so I cant help but wonder if they reconfigured the space too!

Eskie_Lover
01-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the replies - I checked out some of the flights from Buffalo, and the majority of the direct flights actually worked out to a similiar cost (more if you include the extra mileage, gas, and possibly a hotel). There was one that was half the price, but it wasn't direct, took most of a day, and I really don't like to push my chances of delays or cancellations by flying into Chicago or Cinncinati.

So I guess I didn't get too bad of a deal after all, and anyway, this time next month I will be arriving at my resort, so who can be upset!!

minnie56
01-13-2005, 02:52 PM
For 2 in August was less than $600 taxes incl...Not bad. I am not sure about Sanford, but always rent a car so am not too bothered by that prospect.