PDA

View Full Version : Snake at OKW!!

TammyAlphabet
01-05-2005, 01:10 AM
During our christmas trip to the OKW, I saw a fairly large black snake cross the sidewalk in front of me by the village pool. I was about two or three feet away from it and it scared me to death! Whenever i see the Disney World snake threads, I think of that snake. LOL! Any one else see this snake near building 41?? :earseek:

TLinden16
01-05-2005, 04:59 AM
Yikes. I think I would have jumped a mile if I saw that thing.

Karen

lovethattink
01-05-2005, 05:56 AM
Florida has it's benefits...warm weather, Disney, etc. But it also has it's negatives...snakes and bugs. I didn't see "your" snake, but we've seen snakes at TL, BB, and MK. I went to Cypress Gardens one time in 2001 and saw 5 snakes in one day. Yuck, don't like snakes!

webray
01-05-2005, 06:02 AM
We scared a snake away who was sunning himself on the monorail ramp at EPCOT.

WDW LifeLong Fan
01-05-2005, 06:27 AM
We have seen several snakes over the past 30+ years at many of the resorts, pool areas, and even at the parks. Perhaps the most startling was at River Country the last year it was open.

We saw several CMs running full steam towards the lake and right towards us as we were relaxing at the beach area. About 10 feet past us was the BIGGEST snake we had ever seen heading straight for us! :scared1:

My DW is VERY, VERY, VERY, scared of Snakes and I thought we were going to lose her :faint:

Our kids thought it was the greatest thing ever! :rolleyes:

Dopey420
01-05-2005, 06:52 AM
Snakes are good! They control the rodents. I would rather see snakes than mice. Snakes won't chew their way into your picnic basket!

We see lots of lizards at WDW, too!

rcraw45425
01-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Saw one right next to the sidewalk at AK a few years back in April. It curled up as if tostrike when people approached it. DH refuses to go back

spiceycat
01-05-2005, 09:34 AM
If it was black and big - it might have been a king snake - they eat the other snakes - a very good creature.

Did you see the Eagles.....

Eyore4Ever149
01-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Uhhh....King snakes are not indiginous to Florida, I though if they were large and black they were a King Cobra, and venomous!! if they are red,yellow and black striped they are a king snake. You know, "red touches black, no friend to Jack, black touches yellow, friend to a fellow"?

But I have been wrong before. Could have sworn that's what Animal Planet taught me. :)

zagafi
01-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Uhhh....King snakes are not indiginous to Florida, I though if they were large and black they were a King Cobra, and venomous!! if they are red,yellow and black striped they are a king snake. You know, "red touches black, no friend to Jack, black touches yellow, friend to a fellow"?

But I have been wrong before. Could have sworn that's what Animal Planet taught me. :)

Um, King Cobras are natives of Africa and Asia, not the US! It was probably a harmless snake, but it certainly wasn't a cobra.

Shadeaux
01-05-2005, 10:50 AM
If it was black and big - it might have been a king snake - they eat the other snakes - a very good creature.

Spicecat is probably correct. We've seen king snakes at OKW a couple times. We see them around here in south Louisiana quite often....had one in our house once. I don't care if they're considered a 'good' snake...a snake is a snake and I don't want them in my house!

Sleuth
01-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Shortly before our May '04 trip to WDW, my DH and I were biking on the trails in Northern Michigan. A baby black snake with an orange stripe was right in the middle of the trail and I ran over it before I could do anything and it kicked up off my back tire into the air. I was so petrified I cried for over an hour!

Needless to say, the whole time we were at our resort in Kissimmee I was obsessed with looking out for snakes, for fear one would be near. I would have had a heart attack if we actually seen one at WDW!!!

spiceycat
01-05-2005, 12:02 PM
there are more snakes in FL than alligators - so you will see them - it would be very hard for WDW to remove all the snakes - they can hide a whole lot easier than an alligator.

Fl has the most snake bits of any state in the US - so tell your children not to go near them....

I know what you are talking about on Animal Planet - but in the South the King snake is all black - no other colors and is a VERY large snake. Several times bigger than the other snakes that are native to AL.

the ones I have seem are as wide as rope and can be around 5 to 8 feet. - a big snake. that is in AL and I think Fl has the same type.

LibertyLover
01-05-2005, 12:53 PM
I've never seen a snake at WDW, but have no doubt they are there. I hope I never do see one - I'd be hyper-ventilating in a nano-second. It's one of those intellectual-emotional things: intellectually I know that snakes are a "good thing" for the environment, emotionally I want those suckers right out of whatever ecosystem I happen to be inhabiting - without my seeing them of course.

cindym
01-05-2005, 08:45 PM
I chased one away from SAB and back into the lake a couple of years ago. I love snakes but didn't think one needed to be in the pool with the kiddies. It was a huge one and was all black.

Samsma
01-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Cool! That would be one way to convince my kids we don't really need to stay at the BC next summer. They are dying to go to SAB, but killing my budget!

HugsForEeyore
01-05-2005, 08:53 PM
In early November I stayed at Wilderness Lodge and went out for a quick nighttime swim at 11:20ish. Guess what was in the pool swimming around near the bridge in the back? A lovely little snake! He was sorta speckled dark brownish. Disney's animal control people came, and one went into the pool and caught the snake and put it in a white sack. They said it was a "brown bandit" and they are commonly found in pools. Ack! :eek:

Even so, I hopped in the pool and took my swim after they left - I just kept my eyes open just in case the snake had friends! :teeth:

scoutsmom99
01-05-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm deathly afraid of both snakes and spiders (remeber that spider thread :sad2: I was worried about running into that spider at AKL!). About ten years ago we were in the lazy river at TL and low and behold a friend was in the water with us! Needless to say a good amount of us were freaking out...TL had 4 lifegaurds working on getting it out. At my house anytime someone brings up a water park the story always gets told.

FutureAshleyDukes
01-05-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm deathly afraid of snakes... If I had to guess I would say maybe it was a bull snake. They're black in color, and will bite but aren't venemous. We found one in our shower years ago, this was at home though, not WDW.

Rafikifan
01-06-2005, 03:28 AM
A few years go we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Our children were 7, 4, and almost 2 at the time. We brought the stroller on our way to our p.s. for CRT , ds was ready to walk now but we knew he'd need it later. I had the stroller and was walking merrily out the back door to the boat dock a few feet ahead of the rest - wanted to make the ferry on time you know! I'm walking and my dh yells my name and says SNAKE! Now this word in itself frightens me to death. I can't watch Animal Planet when the snakes are on. I look down and there is a greenish black, and who the heck knows what other color ('cause I wasn't staying to find out) SNAKE next to the sidewalk, COILED UP AND LOOKING AT ME I SWEAR (I think he was about to cross the sidewalk and was ticked at me) and it happened. I always knew if I came face to face I would freak out and I did. I saw it and a bunch of expletives that I can not repeat and never say (at least in public ;-) came flying out of my mouth as I RAN with the stroller and ran until I reached the boat dock. I stopped, took a breath and remembered I left my family to deal with the snake! They said I scared it when I screamed (along with the people on the other side of the pool who just saw a woman running with a stroller cussing) and it went under a bush and they walked around it. I was so embarassed that I went around the resort with sunglasses on so nobody would recognize the crazy stroller woman. I hate snakes so much it ruined my appetite and that really made me mad since those p.s. are hard to get! LOL.

MPLsDad
01-06-2005, 05:18 AM
Last July at the GF resort my DW, 3yo DS and I were walking back to our room from the pool. Since it was cool outside, I was walking in front when I saw a long black snake across the sidewalk right where it forked ahead. I took off down the path leading to the room screaming "SNAKE! SNAKE!" and left my family behind in a panic. :scared1: My wife teased me about how brave I was! :rolleyes:

Two nights later we were in the slide pool and my DW was sitting submerged all but her head against the side of the pool while my DS and I son played around in front of her when a frog jumped into her hair! She screamed and scared everyone in the pool while my DS and I just about drowned because we were laughing so hard! :rotfl:

We certainly weren't prepared to deal with reptiles and amphibians on our vacation! :crazy2:

nisiemouse
01-06-2005, 06:31 AM
Last summer we saw a snake about two feet from my son at International Gateway. My daughter was the first to see it. Luckily it quickly went away.

greenban
01-06-2005, 08:32 AM

QUOTE IS REVERSED!

'If red touches yellow, it can kill a fellow' (coral snake) 'If red touches black, it is a friend of Jack' (scarlet kingsnake or scarlet snake)

source: http://www.cahe.nmsu.edu/pubs/_circulars/CR%20541.pdf

http://www.wf.net/~snake/images/coralskl.jpg http://www.snakesandfrogs.com/scra/snakes/images/coral2.jpg
Coral Snake (above) IS Poisonous (VENOMOUS)

http://www.snakesandfrogs.com/scra/snakes/images/scarlet10.jpg Scarlet Snake (above) is NON-VENOMOUS

Because of their bright colors, and small size, Coral snakes are a real risk to toddlers who pick them up!

Be Careful Out There!

-Tony

Minnie&Nana
01-06-2005, 08:52 AM
It took me yrs to get used to the little lizards and not jump ten feet when I saw them (everywhere) at WDW, then I saw the rats at a few resorts - which shocked me at first, but now I understand they come with the territory and I just give a call to the front desk (makes me feel better to report the rat sighting!)...but I had not given any thought to the possiblity of seeing a snake unless we stayed at Ft Wilderness, where I would never stay due the likely possiblity of seeing all kinds of creatures!

But to think I could see one at GF...I will never walk around a Disney resort as freely as in the past!

Even when tempted I remind myself why I truly would not want to live in Florida - snakes! This would get to me way more than bugs!

Laugh O. Grams
01-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Forget about the snakes. I once saw a bunny rabbit at the WL and had to go straight back to my room to calm down!!! Those bunny's will take you down if they sense fear!

Sleuth
01-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Forget about the snakes. I once saw a bunny rabbit at the WL and had to go straight back to my room to calm down!!! Those bunny's will take you down if they sense fear!
You're kidding about the bunnies, right? We have all over in Northern Michigan and they are so cute and timid! Never heard of them being violent...

DisneyMomx7
01-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Last July at the GF resort my DW, 3yo DS and I were walking back to our room from the pool. Since it was cool outside, I was walking in front when I saw a long black snake across the sidewalk right where it forked ahead. I took off down the path leading to the room screaming "SNAKE! SNAKE!" and left my family behind in a panic. :scared1: My wife teased me about how brave I was! :rolleyes:

Two nights later we were in the slide pool and my DW was sitting submerged all but her head against the side of the pool while my DS and I son played around in front of her when a frog jumped into her hair! She screamed and scared everyone in the pool while my DS and I just about drowned because we were laughing so hard! :rotfl:

We certainly weren't prepared to deal with reptiles and amphibians on our vacation! :crazy2:

We were at GF from July 18-26 last summer. I am deathly afraid of snakes (I know they're there but I hope I never see one). Were you there at the same time?

magicmouse2
01-06-2005, 10:14 AM
The kids and I saw lots of them in the shrubbery at POFQ last April. I caught one so the kids could have a good look at it. They are totally harmless and are encouraged at the resorts to eat the rats and mice. I have also seen one at AK, and we found a skin shed of what I think was a corn snake at OKW. I have only previously read one report of a Cottonmouth at Tom Sawyer island, and it was removed by the CMs. Coralsnakes tend to keep right out of the way in deep forests under logs and things. I have read about a snake at Wilderness lodge eating a Hare but I dont know what kind of snake it was.

mom_rules
01-06-2005, 10:41 AM
A friend's daughter killed a scorpion in their room at ASMu last easter.

The CM's told them that scorpions weren't indigenous to Florida either but they have the photos to prove it.

magicmouse2
01-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Maybe the Scorpion Hitched a ride in someones suitcase!
I am sure a spider did this to us - I have never seen such a huge spider where we live!! :earseek:

Laugh O. Grams
01-06-2005, 10:52 AM
You're kidding about the bunnies, right? We have all over in Northern Michigan and they are so cute and timid! Never heard of them being violent...

Uh..yeah. I thought the sarcasm was applied pretty thick. Bunnys...I have no problem with...but those squirrels...now THERE'S a threatening woodland creature! :D ...

Pinnie
01-06-2005, 10:58 AM
In August, we were returning coming back to FW via boats from the MK in the late evening. There weren't a lot of people around and I saw a ton of "scurrying" things. later on my friends told me those were ROACHES. They are so lucky they kept quiet because had they told me when I saw them, I would have been arrested for disturbing the peace and waking the entire campsite up!

pinnie

MPLsDad
01-06-2005, 01:57 PM
We were at GF from July 18-26 last summer. I am deathly afraid of snakes (I know they're there but I hope I never see one). Were you there at the same time?
We were there from July 12-20! It was wonderful except for the snake! The poem I was taught went something like this..."If you see a snake, kill it with a rake!" :teeth:

dreamflight99
01-06-2005, 03:26 PM
I've seen numerous snakes in WDW over the past 15 years! We travel in the summer, and they are out all over the place. I LOVE seeing them, and have even had the pleasure of taking a photo or two. I believe the snake the OP witnessed, was the BLACK RACER. It's a friendly, common, and VERY FAST moving snake (hence the name!). :D

Beautiful Florida BLACK RACER...(or rat snake)! It's a Colubrid, which means a "constrictor" as opposed to a viper (w/venom..)

http://www.floridaconservation.org/viewing/graphics/pictures/blkracer.gif

Beautiful Florida KING snake!Color varies, but always includes some other distinctive pattern or color (against the black background).

http://www.floridaconservation.org/viewing/graphics/pictures/flking.gif

My #1 FAVORITE of all the snakes...and the MOST GENTLE (besides the KING), is the threatened Eastern "INDIGO" snake. It is protected under the Endangered Species Act and Chapter 39 of 1978, (added to Florida threatened list in 1971). It's only the third snake to receive such protection. Sadly, numbers continue to decline. To date, the Endangered Species Act has been ineffective in protecting eastern indigos against the greatest threat: the loss, fragmentation, and degradation of their habitats. This gorgeous creature is the largest non-venomous snakes in all of North America. This beauty...can grow to a length of more than "8" FEET! They are also presumed to have a natural immunity to the toxins of poisonous snakes. It derives its name from the dark BLUE iridescence of its large smooth scales. It has a very calm and friendly nature, and is not aggressive towards people (Of course, if threatened, it will act accordingly). Consider yourself fortunate, if you ever come across this rare reptile.

http://www.charlottecountyfl.com/EnvironmentalServices/NaturalResources/indigo.gif

http://www.calusanature.com/images/indigo.jpg

http://www.nbbd.com/godo/ef/indigo/mo.jpg

*IN THE END, WE WILL PROTECT ONLY WHAT WE LOVE, LOVE ONLY WHAT WE UNDERSTAND, UNDERSTAND ONLY WHAT WE ARE TAUGHT."

jackskellingtonsgirl
01-06-2005, 04:51 PM
When we lived in Jacksonville there was a rattlesnake in our back yard. My mother called 911 and a police officer came out and shot it. (This was in 1980 or so.) My dad and the neighbors killed LOTS of snakes with shovels and other garden tools after that. Very creepy.

In Tampa we didn't have many snakes, but we had the giant flying palmetto bugs who could crawl in through a closed sliding glass door then fly across the room. There were also giant, furry brown spiders (wolf spiders?) that were so big you could hear them run across the wall in the dark.

Lizards and frogs are fine. Snakes and bugs are not. And rats? SHIVERS! I despise rats! I don't know if a rat is worse than a snake or not! I think I've only seen one snake is Dallas - it was in the road. We had a scorpion in our living room one night (and I have seen several others). DH caught it in a glass and put it back outside. I have seen a couple of rats. We were setting up for a 5K race downtown and there was a rat walking across the plaza. They are just too icky!

I hope our trip is free from vermin! One more thing to worry about... LOL

dreamflight99
01-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Without the help of the amazing and incredible snakes we share this planet with... the world would have a terrible problem with RATS...(and on, and on...in the great circle of life). :D

WDW LifeLong Fan
01-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Uh..yeah. I thought the sarcasm was applied pretty thick. Bunnys...I have no problem with...but those squirrels...now THERE'S a threatening woodland creature! :D ...

:rotfl:

In your first post I thought you were referring to the Killer Bunny in Monty Python's "The Search for the Holy Grail" ;)

colleen costello
01-06-2005, 06:20 PM
OKW is so lush and beaautiful that there MUST be lots of snakes there... I Just hope they are not getting too many of the tame bunnies that live there too! There was a post on the DVC board a while back about a family who came back into their OKW room and found a snake INSIDE the living/kitchen area! They had left the door to the deck open and he came in while they were out, perhaps to enjoy the air conditioning! :)

My kids LOVE snakes and as long as we know they are not venomous, they can visit with us any time! When we used to camp at Ft. Wilderness, they always warned you at check-in about the snakes in Florida -- it's part of the territory! Luckily snakes (even venomous ones) are shy and would rather flee than fight.

dreamflight99
01-06-2005, 09:22 PM
My kids LOVE snakes and as long as we know they are not venomous, they can visit with us any time! Luckily snakes (even venomous ones) are shy and would rather flee than fight.How wonderful to read! You DEARHEART...you've made my eve!!! Your children are in good company, and you deserve kudos for educating your children properly with regards to these reptiles. Maybe one will pursue the field of herpetology! :D

You are also absolutely correct. They do try to retreat whenever possible. Just think if you were on the ground, without arms and legs...and the only protection you had was a small precious dose of venom you had been saving for a small rodent (AND that's if you are a viper...the poor constrictors have no defense against humans!). Vipers do not have unlimited venom, and once it is used on a victim (either in defense or an attack), it takes a while to replace it. This is why they refrain from striking in most cases, and either retract and hiss, flatten their heads and shake their tails...etc. They try to do EVERYTHING to make the threat go away.

Our family loves every creature on this earth. God created them all...large and small. They are all precious, have purpose...and deserve respect. LIVE and LET LIVE. ;)

:wave: TTFN...DF99

Mymatisse
01-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Snakes are good! They control the rodents. I would rather see snakes than mice. Snakes won't chew their way into your picnic basket!

We see lots of lizards at WDW, too!

I agree.. We saw a big RAT at the POLY in front of the GCH. I know they are everywhere, but when you are paying that much for a hotel you just don't want to see it.

niks81
01-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Actually, we had a lizard IN our room at Old Key West :laughing: It was in the bathroom and we (a bunch of laughing screaming girls) just called to the front desk and they had someone there is a quick second. I guess it's just part of being in FL :cool1:

KIMHELMS99
01-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Oh my this post is almost as bad as the spider one. I think I like snakes just a bit more than spiders (not much though). Don't like the thought of them at my favorite place. Even though I know they are there, I don't want to see them (yikes).

RayJay
01-07-2005, 08:41 PM
I chased one away from SAB and back into the lake a couple of years ago. I love snakes but didn't think one needed to be in the pool with the kiddies. It was a huge one and was all black.

My snake sighting was right at the Back entrance of the Beach Club. Where the quiet pool and Hottub is. Slithered right along the entrance and sidewalk, scared the crap out me, big black snake.

Didn't use that door the rest of the week.

RayJay

Harambe
01-08-2005, 06:34 AM
I keep checking under my computer desk as I'm reading this - now sure there's a snake down there!

We also saw a lot of Palmetto bugs at the GF this past September. They are so huge! There was a bunch of them running across the boat dock, just before you get to Narcoossee's.

And LAUGH O GRAM - it's only those red squirrels that'll bite your head off!

AJKMOM
01-08-2005, 07:28 AM
Hey Laugh O. Grams-- You should see the squirrels in Pennsylvania. They are as big as my cat, and they pick on my dog! Actually hang upside down on the tree trunk and taunt him! We ARE afraid of them here, running jokes about being carried off by a family of them.

I personally find snakes fascinating, and thanks for someone posting the lesson of "red touching yellow will kill a fellow", I will always remember that part, since it the most important part of the saying!

wtg2000
01-08-2005, 08:05 AM
I have a serious snake phobia - can barely look at a picture of one. It took me a while to get up the courage to read this thread - hoping it might be therapy - and it's making me sick just reading it. I've seen snakes at DXL (a black racer in the flower bed) and outside of AK (another black racer that the staff was trying to boot back into the wilds). Also saw a tiny one at BB. All in the last couple years. None the first 15 years I went.

I'm wondering if we are seeing more in habitable areas because their habitat is being encrouched on more and more by all the building. Also I wonder if Disney has the same manpower to control them.

The day I see one doing the breakstroke next to me in a resort pool is the day I start going to Ireland for my vacations!

Simba's Mom
01-08-2005, 01:49 PM
I'll bet the snakes are more likely to come out after it's been raining. When we were at WDW 2 years ago, they had a "snake alert" at LBV golf course. The CMs said that because it had been raining so much, the snakes were coming up out of their holes under ground. And DH wonders why I won't golf? Whenever I see those big Indigos, I have to remind myself that I'd be breaking the law by killing them-I'm so afraid of snakes, even the "good" ones!

jeannej
01-08-2005, 02:00 PM

There are king snakes in Florida. And no we don't have cobras running loose.
We have water mocassins and rattle snakes and the no friend of jack snake is a coral snake.........very dangerous.

jeanne j

wtg2000
01-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Heard on the TV golf coverage from Maui that Hawaii has no snakes! Disney needs to build a resort there.

chrissyk
01-08-2005, 06:42 PM
I've never seen a snake at Disney, but DH did run one over by accident with me in the car. It happened on the way to the Swan/Dolphin. The snake tried to cross the road at the wrong time I guess! I'm not a snake fan, so I hope that I never see one at Disney.

dreamflight99
01-08-2005, 07:18 PM
I keep checking under my computer desk as I'm reading this - now sure there's a snake down there!
:laughing: :rotfl: :teeth: :scared1: :jumping1: :goodvibes

KIMHELMS99~That SPIDER thread was GREAT!! Remember those photos I posted on that one...they were so clear and life-like, DISers were having the CREEPIES just opening the post!! :earseek:

Yacht Club Guy
01-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Our Reactions would be
:scared1: :faint: :crazy2: :scared1: :faint: !

Nuts4DVC
01-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Our last trip in Jan. 2003 we took a cold half frozen lizard out of 29 degree weather and the kids warmed him up over night and let him go the next day when it got warmer. It was reallllyyyyy cold that night and my kids found the little thing, not moving and very cold.

I like looking at the photo albums at community hall and seeing the alligator's they got out of the canal along the years! Give me a snake anyday. I live in Michigan's upper *****ula-snakes are all over---just don't show me a spider!!! or I will jump like this----- :jumping4:

Robin

beccasmom
01-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Snakes are definitely around....I came this close to stepping on one twice - years ago while staying at a trailer at Fort Wilderness (it was DARK there at night!) and once whille walking to Sunday Mass at the Polynesian. :scared1:

dreamflight99
01-09-2005, 12:03 AM
just don't show me a spider!!! or I will jump like this----- :jumping4:
RobinHow about a little "picture" of a pseudo~spider?:teeth: This little guy is NOT venomous (despite the large strong chelicerae or jaws), and is known as the "sun spider or wind spider" (some even call him a camel spider), even though he's not even classified a a TRUE SPIDER! He only shares the name due to the eight legs it has, rapid movement and the fangs/jaws. It is really a "Solifugid" (which is latin for "fleeing from the sun"). It is a highly aggressive hunter. We have these in southern Cal, and they are the ones the current troops are encountering in Iraq (some more than 4-6" in size, purported to run 10 MPH!).

Florida has plenty of Arachnids too...in fact, I swear PANDORA'S infamous box was OPENED in the beautiful SUNSHINE STATE! After all...those Bugs they call "palmetto" insects...are actually giant flying ROACHES! :sunny:

http://mamba.bio.uci.edu/~pjbryant/biodiv/spiders/0084.jpg

aesalsa
01-09-2005, 12:04 AM
A few years go we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Our children were 7, 4, and almost 2 at the time. We brought the stroller on our way to our p.s. for CRT , ds was ready to walk now but we knew he'd need it later. I had the stroller and was walking merrily out the back door to the boat dock a few feet ahead of the rest - wanted to make the ferry on time you know! I'm walking and my dh yells my name and says SNAKE! Now this word in itself frightens me to death. I can't watch Animal Planet when the snakes are on. I look down and there is a greenish black, and who the heck knows what other color ('cause I wasn't staying to find out) SNAKE next to the sidewalk, COILED UP AND LOOKING AT ME I SWEAR (I think he was about to cross the sidewalk and was ticked at me) and it happened. I always knew if I came face to face I would freak out and I did. I saw it and a bunch of expletives that I can not repeat and never say (at least in public ;-) came flying out of my mouth as I RAN with the stroller and ran until I reached the boat dock. I stopped, took a breath and remembered I left my family to deal with the snake! They said I scared it when I screamed (along with the people on the other side of the pool who just saw a woman running with a stroller cussing) and it went under a bush and they walked around it. I was so embarassed that I went around the resort with sunglasses on so nobody would recognize the crazy stroller woman. I hate snakes so much it ruined my appetite and that really made me mad since those p.s. are hard to get! LOL.

I'm sorry you were so scared, but I couldn't help laughing when I read your story :rotfl: :laughing: . You deserve a tag for that one!

:wave2:

Nuts4DVC
01-24-2005, 08:25 AM
(Spider pic)

OMG!!!! :earseek: NO THANKS!!! It's funny because my kids both want to be
entomolagists! GO figure! :earboy2: