PDA

View Full Version : Question about closest bus stop at POR.

PolyAddict
01-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Will be staying in AB and it looks like the closest bus depot is the mason and dixon.

Is that correct?

It looks like quite a hike.

thanks Michele

rkmassa
01-04-2005, 10:53 PM
I thought the maps were deceiving a bit in that. Our bus stop looked really far away too, but it was a very short walk. One afternoon, I actually overshot it. Came out of the building too far from it. Had to back-track and missed my bus to DTD. It was much closer that it looked on the map. We were in the Mansion section though.

DisnyMama
01-05-2005, 02:09 AM
Hi Michele,

It depends on which building you will be staying in. Did you make a Bldg. request when you made your ressie? My son and I prefer to stay at POR, AB section and I always ask for either Bldg. 14 or 18. It is ablout a 4 minute walk to the bus stop which is located just outside and to the right of Fultons General Store. They are also the closest to the food court and main building and are located right near a quiet pool and laundry facility. We love it their especially after a long evening. You can get off the bus, head to the food court for a late night snack, desert or night cap and you are back in your room within a couple minutes. Just the opposite in the morning. Also, Even though it is close to the main building it is still very quite just like anywhere else on the resort due to the landscaping.

You will love it! Have a wonderful trip.
Shannon princess:

goofy4tink
01-05-2005, 06:46 AM
As said before, it really depends on which bldg you're in. We were in 3528 and we used the West Depot. It was a very quick walk. But when we stayed in Magnolia Terrace, I think we used the East Depot only once. We seemed to use the main depot..Mason/Dixon, all the time.

WDWBetsy
01-05-2005, 07:59 AM
We stayed in Acadian House and walked over to the North Depot. It was rarely crowded. I was impressed with the bus system.

PolyAddict
01-05-2005, 09:19 AM
We stayed in Acadian House and walked over to the North Depot. It was rarely crowded. I was impressed with the bus system.

I found my info from our 1997 trip and we were in Acadian House and although we did not like being so far away from the food court, the walk to the bus stop was short and no one was ever there.

Michele

PolyAddict
01-05-2005, 09:21 AM
As said before, it really depends on which bldg you're in. We were in 3528 and we used the West Depot. It was a very quick walk. But when we stayed in Magnolia Terrace, I think we used the East Depot only once. We seemed to use the main depot..Mason/Dixon, all the time.

We are going to request AB bldg 14.

Hopefully it works out.

Thanks

Michele

PolyAddict
01-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Hi Michele,

It depends on which building you will be staying in. Did you make a Bldg. request when you made your ressie? My son and I prefer to stay at POR, AB section and I always ask for either Bldg. 14 or 18. It is ablout a 4 minute walk to the bus stop which is located just outside and to the right of Fultons General Store. They are also the closest to the food court and main building and are located right near a quiet pool and laundry facility. We love it their especially after a long evening. You can get off the bus, head to the food court for a late night snack, desert or night cap and you are back in your room within a couple minutes. Just the opposite in the morning. Also, Even though it is close to the main building it is still very quite just like anywhere else on the resort due to the landscaping.

You will love it! Have a wonderful trip.
Shannon princess:

I was going to request bldg 14. What you describe sounds exactly what Id like it to be.

Thanks

Michele

PolyAddict
01-05-2005, 09:23 AM
I thought the maps were deceiving a bit in that. Our bus stop looked really far away too, but it was a very short walk. One afternoon, I actually overshot it. Came out of the building too far from it. Had to back-track and missed my bus to DTD. It was much closer that it looked on the map. We were in the Mansion section though.

Thanks for the feedback

Michele

goofy4tink
01-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Bldg. 14 is a great choice!!! Close to everything!!!