PDA

View Full Version : Question on refillable mugs...

*Fantasia*
01-04-2005, 08:49 PM
What if we stay at WL for a few days then do 3 or 4 night Disney cruise after and then stay at WL again for a few days after the cruise, can we use the same refillable mugs? Or must we purchase new mugs? Or what if we were splitting our stay, but didn't like the second resort after one night stay there, then go back to the first resort, can we use the same mugs from our first stay or must we purchase new ones? I'm just curious. Please no flaming, it's just a question. Thanks! :)

Does some of yous have over 50 refillable mugs from the same resort? Let's say 4 in the family and they travel 2x a year every year at the same resort for over 5 year...that would be 8 mugs a year x 5+ years = 40+ mugs! Wow that is a lot of mugs! And imagine if they are splitting their stay...they would also have to buy mugs from that other resort. Wow!

ctrabada
01-04-2005, 09:04 PM
At the risk of getting flamed, I'd say re-use the mugs... I actually buy mugs at each of the resorts, but if I were to split a stay and come back, I would definitely use my original mugs. I don't think it would be fair to have to purchase mugs again for a split stay or a return to the resort after the cruise, but that's my opinion. I know many here would disagree.

MrsJ Henry
01-04-2005, 09:18 PM
I too would re-use my mugs. I think it would be silly to buy them again if you were going back in just a few days!!!!

ADisneygirl
01-04-2005, 10:01 PM
In your situation I would re-use the mugs. It is almost like one continuous WL stay, simply interrupted by a couple of days onboard the Disney cruise ship. On our trip this past summer we split a stay at WL and the BWI. We bought the mugs at WL and the CM told us that they were good for our entire stay, including the time at BWI. We felt really weird about that, so we didn't even attempt to use the WL mugs at the BWI. We just bought BWI mugs. Thought that was interesting though to be told to use my WL mug at BWI the next day.

TLinden16
01-05-2005, 05:12 AM
I would say that you should be able to use your WL mugs for both portions of your stay without a problem.

If you switch, some resorts will let you use your mug at the second one. I'd ask, and see what they say. I personally wouldn't be comfortable using a mug from one resort at another.

Karen

ducklite
01-05-2005, 06:52 AM
I agree, in this unique situation there's no problem with reusing the mugs.

Anne

Brina
01-05-2005, 06:59 AM
I believe the mugs are refillable for life. I have heard of people who bring theirs back with them on subsequent visits if they are staying at the same resort.

Brina

DisneyMomx7
01-05-2005, 07:32 AM
I know that the mugs are only refillable for the length of stay. We now have 10 of the same GF mugs! We are splitting our stay this year, 4 nights YC, 10 nights GF. Will I have to buy new mugs for both GF and YC? I was hoping that if you split your stay you would be able to use those mugs for the rest of your trip.

ducklite
01-05-2005, 11:37 AM
I believe the mugs are refillable for life. I have heard of people who bring theirs back with them on subsequent visits if they are staying at the same resort.

Brina

Most food courts now have signs that the mugs are good for the length of stay. This is actually they way it's always been, but because it wasn't in people's faces in writing, they took it to be that it was for life.

Anne

ducklite
01-05-2005, 11:39 AM
I know that the mugs are only refillable for the length of stay. We now have 10 of the same GF mugs! We are splitting our stay this year, 4 nights YC, 10 nights GF. Will I have to buy new mugs for both GF and YC? I was hoping that if you split your stay you would be able to use those mugs for the rest of your trip.

You would ahve to buy a new one. There is no food court at the YC, they fill the mug for you at the pool bar or B&C. At the GF you fill it behind the registers at Gaspirillas or at the pool bar.

Anne

TLinden16
01-05-2005, 11:59 AM
At one time, some folks were told that the mugs are good for life. Now, they have writing on them that say that they are good only at the resort they are purchased for the length of stay.

Karen

LibertyLover
01-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Three years ago my DH and I stayed at CBR and when we bought the mugs were told that they were good forever at the CBR. But a year later when we got mugs at AKL we were told they were for length of stay only. So when we go back to AKL in just 9 days :Pinkbounc we will buy new ones. However in your situation, I'd say definately just use the same ones. For all intents and purposes it's one stay at WL.

cavecricket
01-05-2005, 01:24 PM
ok bring on the flames but, when has anyone ever been "questioned" about their mugs??????? i would love to know . i visit wdw quite often and i have never never never had anyone interrogate me about when i bought my cup. its not like the date is on there or anything, do they tell you at the register to keep your receipt on you at all times to avoid prosecution???? no they dont, why ? because that would be foolish. if they really cared they would place a system like typhoon or blizzard beach with a bar code device..... i would re-use them and have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!

:charac2:

btw.....i would love to hear stories of mugs being taken from guests. how would the cm even prove it??? thats what i want to know. i can see if they changed from year to year but they dont at least not the ones i own.

and for the record i now have tons of mugs just collecting dust from various resorts. im just wondering if anyone has ever been "busted" for thievery of chlorinated coke!!! lol

ducklite
01-05-2005, 03:43 PM
And I notice that yous tay at resorts where you fill your own mug, they do not do it for you.

At the YC and GF there is no "self service"--well at the GF there kind of is, but it's right next to the register. I have a feeling that if someone presented a AKL mug at B&C for a refill they would be turned down.

Anne

pulphero
01-05-2005, 05:54 PM
We're staying at POR but plan to walk down to the POFQ food court a couple of times. We'll buy our mugs at POR. I know that POFQ has different mugs. Given that both resorts are technically 'Port Orleans', we plan to use our POR mugs at POFQ. Do you think any alarms would sound if we did that?

crzy4dsny
01-05-2005, 05:58 PM
I say use them until they change the design. :earboy2:

cobbler
01-05-2005, 07:39 PM
We're staying at POR but plan to walk down to the POFQ food court a couple of times. We'll buy our mugs at POR. I know that POFQ has different mugs. Given that both resorts are technically 'Port Orleans', we plan to use our POR mugs at POFQ. Do you think any alarms would sound if we did that?

They are the same mug and can be used at both resorts. At least that is the way it was on 03. The sign did say that the mugs are able to be used at both resorts.

drp4video
01-05-2005, 07:52 PM
What if during one visit, you stay at say the Allstar Music resort, buy that mug, but then decide to have lunch at Pop Century one day. Can you use the Music Mug at Pop? Or any other resort during that same length of stay?

*Fantasia*
01-05-2005, 10:34 PM
You can use the All Star mugs at all three All Star resorts. They are sister resorts. You use Pop Century muugs at Pop Century resort only. This is what I know...anyone correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for replying everyone!