PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions

Disfreek
01-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Hi, I just checked rates for WL for 12/16-12/22/2005

Concierge MYW package (our AP expires on 11/25/05)

2 adults
1 child

7 day park hoppers no expiration
meal plan

$ 3, 738

What do you think??? WE have never done a plan...always used ap for room only and then bought vouchers from hotwire...

ILoveWDW2003
01-04-2005, 09:51 PM
I don't think that I would do concierge AND a meal plan - part of the concierge offerings are the food in the lounge throughout the day - but that is just me.

Disfreek
01-04-2005, 10:15 PM
I never really did think of it that way... hmmmm....something to think about.....

Yacht Club Guy
01-04-2005, 10:17 PM
do not really know... I do not suggest the WL con., it does not seem worth it for me. I love the WL though. Wonderfull landscaping!

eeyore0062
01-05-2005, 12:53 AM
I would do either Concierge or Meal Plan, but not both. The pricing actually sounds very good for all that it includes. Don't ask me which of the two I would pick. :confused3 I am a Gemini, :hyper2: and some days I might say concierge, of course! ::yes:: and others I would say meal plans, I won't be at the resort enough to take advantage of concierge, anyway.

I think it really depends on how much time you are going to be in the parks vs. the resort. :earsboy:

Good luck!

swilphil
01-05-2005, 05:58 AM
Are you sure you want to do the no-expiration hopper tickets for just 7 days? You are going to be at WL for an entire week, and you can save $300 by getting the 14 day expire. If you want to save some days for your next trip, you can pay $3 more per person and get the 10 day no expiration hoppers.

TLinden16
01-05-2005, 06:05 AM
I don't think that I would get both the meal plan and stay concierge either. Seems like a lot of money to do both, and that you wouldn't be taking full advantage of either of the options (i.e. you won't take advantage of the food at concierge because you have these meals to use and vice versa).

And I agree with Swilphil--I think if I was going for the no expiration, I'd spend the extra money and get the 10 day tickets.

Karen

Disfreek
01-05-2005, 06:34 AM
Okay, total change of plans...I found out I could get Poly concierge for aournd $300 more.

I did ask this time for 10 day no expire.

So now I have some thinking to do....

What do you get in the meal plan? Can you combine meals to eat at hdhr?

gigi1313
01-05-2005, 10:25 AM
yes, you can combine meals to eat at some of the more expensive restaurants... i agree w/the posters that said meal plan and concierge is overkill on food... personally i'd go w/meal plan... meal plan includes on sit down meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner at most restaurants, buffets, character meals), one counter service meal and one snack (dole whip, mickey bar, etc) for each night of your stay...

hope that helps and good luck deciding!