PDA

View Full Version : RECENT teacher's discount users--need your help

Fargoman2
01-04-2005, 05:39 PM
I have come to take for granted gaining access to the teacher's discount rate at the Dolphin. However, when I called the hotel directly today and probed some date possibilities for a number of potential dates from June through early August, I was told nothing was available at this time. She indicated some may open up later.

I don't remember this discount being so elusive in the past. Is it simply a marketing thing--fill up as many rooms as you can for as long as you can and then open up the teacher's rate as we get closer to summer?

I mean I really tried a lot of different dates and found zilcho availability for teacher's discounts. I don't remember this being such a problem the last 3 years I booked.

Anybody know what's happening? Anyone having any luck with dates?

I'm spoiled by this rate--and with a family of 5 my on-site options at a reasonable rate are limited. Please help.

Thanks!

sphillips
01-04-2005, 05:50 PM
We stayed there 12/27-12/30 and had three rooms at the teachers discount. I dont know what the problem is? There was a rumor that they were going to end the discount, I wounder if they actually did ?

Disney_Queen34
01-04-2005, 07:31 PM
What is the actual teachers discount? I"m curious because both my husband and I are teachers and would love to take advantage of it.

Laz
01-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Swan and Dolphin offer special rates (based on season and availability) for teachers, nurses Gov't employees, etc. You must show valid proof when checking in. I believe it is $149/night. I used it a couple of years ago.

mrg013
01-04-2005, 07:38 PM
The teacher's discount is a discount available at the Swan/Dolphin for anyone who is a teacher or educational support staff. You have to book it by calling the hotel directly and asking for it. The rate when we went last week (12/25-12/31) was $149 for standard view and the rate is always the same- it doesn't change during different seasons. You do have to show some kind of proof of being a teacher when you check in (I gave a copy of my teaching certificate). I really hope they haven't discontinued this rate because we used it twice this year and we really thought it was a great value. Otherwise, we could never afford to stay at the Swan or Dolphin.

bballmom56
01-04-2005, 09:55 PM
I got the same answer when I called yesterday trying to book for mid-late June. She said there was no teacher rate availability right now in either June or July. She didn't know whether they would open it up or not. I keep trying to choose another resort (WL perhaps) in case I can't get the teacher rate at the Swan, but then I think about the location, the beds, the ease of transportation - yes, I'm spoiled! Please, please, please Mr. Swandolphin, please open up some dates in June, July and August so our hard-working teachers can enjoy your beautiful hotels!

awatt
01-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Try the entertainment book rate, I just got it for July- $169/night. You have to show your entertainment card at check in.

EEyorelover22
01-05-2005, 03:43 PM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=7254409#post7254409

There is another thread going about the teacher rate here.