PDA

View Full Version : Need advice asap: Take or decline the insurance


MagicKingdom05
01-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi,

Should I decline or take the insurance that they offer on these packages. I believe it is $44.95.

I said no, but I am rethinking it.

spiceycat
01-04-2005, 05:00 PM
I would decline it.

the only person who tried to claim something had to have a hospital bill saying he went to the hospital, etc.....

it was a pain for not alot of money.

read the stuff carefully before you buy it...

MagicKingdom05
01-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Spiceycat,

That is what I did, but I am not sure. What happens if my flight is cancelled or delayed.

nygrl
01-04-2005, 05:14 PM
i had insurance for a trip to jamaica and we had to cancell but there were so many limitations on the insurance it does not apply to everything. i would find out what they consider a good reason for cancelling.in the end we were able to save the trip for a year but could not cancel altogether!

pamlet
01-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Are you talking about the cancellation insurance?

I WOULD get it - you never know what MAY come up.

A couple years ago I had a trip all set w/about 1000.00 into it. Our van died - a few other things came up and basically the trip was off.. (we STILL haven't gotten back to DW :earseek: ) I was able to cancel after the cut-off and get everything but the deductable back.

I used to work for a 24 hour emergency office for a travel agency - you cannot imagine the stories we'd hear... and how horrible we felt when someone had not purchased the cancellation insurance. That's why I purchased it - I didn't want to be the one feeling horrible.

Spicycat is right tho' READ EVERYTHING THOROUGHLY before you sign - make sure you know how to handle everything. I'd gone directly through Disney at the time.. (travel agent rate.. :cool1: ) But from what I've been reading you're looking at AAA. Just engage them in conversation about the insurance. Ask LOTS of questions...

Just my 2 cents - but since I'd been through it I thought I'd throw it out there.

kirbsam
01-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Hi,

Should I decline or take the insurance that they offer on these packages. I believe it is $44.95.

I said no, but I am rethinking it.


Hey Jason: Great thread. You are one funny guy. I say we all take it and then...oh never mind, no use stirring it up again.

MagicKingdom05
01-04-2005, 05:44 PM
I called and left a message for the TA asking her to add it on if possible. I already made the reservation so I don't know if it can be done afterwords or not. It's only $44.95 so I guess it is worth it so I don't have to worry about what if.